Project Launch Reviews | Glassdoor

"Junior Account Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Project Launch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training is more extensive than any of the classes I took at UCLA. I feel like I've earned my second MBA in just a few months.

Cons

It's very fast paced and you have to learn a lot of skills at the same time. The sales is pretty easy once you get the hang of it but it does take a lot of practice to get good.

2. "Not For Everyone"

I worked at Project Launch full-time

Pros

High energy activities in the morning & amazing group of people...That was it.

Cons

Too many to count. You are selling office supplies, unreliable paychecks, sometimes your sales don't actually show up on your checks, 60+ hour work days (you are there at 8am, spend a full 8 hours doing B2B sales, and then don't end up leaving until 630 or later, and you are encouraged to work on weekends to make the qouta), there is really no base pay, the other companies in the office make significantly more and get more recognition so you feel pretty under appreciated, initial interview doesn't make it remotely clear that you will be working in B2B sales, barely anyone want's to buy supplies from you. Shall I go on?

Advice to Management

Be more up front about what the job entails aka hours and pay.

"Good Experience"

Former Employee - Junior Account Manager in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Junior Account Manager in Burbank, CA

I worked at Project Launch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Project Launch provides great training, and you will no matter what take something valuable away from the experience. The mornings are so much fun, with high energy games to get the blood flowin. Also, the people are supportive, and fun to be around.

Cons

The actual 8 hours of the day you spend going door to door without notice, trying to sell businesses office supplies. I personally, didn't enjoy it. It was tough for me to be "pushy" which you have to be in order to make sales. You only make 28% commission on your sales, and when you're selling office supplies, it doesn't really add up to much. Also you have to have thick skin, something I realized about myself during this process was that I'm a little to sensitive for sales.

Advice to Management

Be more realistic during orientation about what JAMS/SAMS will be making on average, and how much work they'll be putting in. Too much hype.

"Reality Check."

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager

I worked at Project Launch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people here really do want to see you succeed. Positive environment. Everyone was able to relate to each other. The workers were fun to be around and it is possible to build a close bond. They had an amazing support system. Opportunities to travel if you really put in the work. You are acknowledged for all the work you put in. You have the power of creating your own team. If you're 100% driven to start and own your own business and looking for a career in sales and marketing, this is for you.

Cons

Sadly there were some broken promises.
    High turn over rate.
    Did not receive bonuses I was promised from the worked I've done. There was no guarantee when it came to income. If you are looking for a stable income, this is not for you. Since its commission remember, You could put all the hours and work really hard and it is still possible to walk away with very little to nothing. You see an average of 150-500 doors (businesses) a week and are expected to close 2-3 sales a day. Goal is 8 per week. You are expected to work 40-60 hours a week. Keep in mind its commission so you can work all those hours and not get paid anything unless you close sales.
    Shy and not a people person? Good luck. You really have to engage with the potential customers if you really want to get paid.
    The initial interview stated there was a base rate pay but later was told after the fact you had to hit a certain number of sales in order to receive it, in order words, if you did not closed any sales in one week you did not receive a check. Bonuses were offered but taken away if the team does not it retention, meaning a sale that you closed purchased from quills again in less than 6 weeks from the first purchase. Retention is really important because it's considered residual income for you as well.
    If you do not have a car, good luck. And if you do? Be prepared to rack up mileage and going to the gas station 5 times a week to fill up your tank without getting reimbursed. Car breaks down? Tough luck, better find other car in order to work, remember it's only commission. Your car is your office. Unless you have a refrigerator or a full on kitchen to keep your lunch in your car or along the way? be prepared to order fast food every day.
    To the majority of the small businesses you visit, you are soliciting in their eyes. Keep in mind, Be prepared to get yelled at and treated poorly and possibly receive treats. There will be nice people but Honestly it was rare. Lots of walking and you work in all conditions, hot sunny days to rainy days and remember you are equites to dress in professional/interview style clothes (suits for men, ladies leave the heels at home). And say goodbye to your phone data unless you have unlimited data. And unless you were training someone you were alone and sometimes in sketchy areas so be prepared.

Advice to Management

Pay the senior account managers a guaranteed pay rate while training because of the time taken away to interview the potential employees and talk about the business and the position and building the team. Provide benefits and a set base pay rate/salary.

"Pyramid Scheme"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Burbank, CA

I worked at Project Launch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Learn the Sales Process in a systematic way
    -Learn how to deal with all types of personalities
    -That is all of the value you will get from working at Project Launch

Cons

-Pyramid Scheme type of set up where you can "make it to the top" if you give your entire life to the company (Look up Cydcor for reference. Project Launch is a part of Cydcor)

-Weekly minimum pay scale is promised during the interview. Once you are hired and start to learn the job, you are required to sign a piece of paper stating that you will be paid the minimum if you acquire at least 5 accounts in your first week (even though this is your "training week"). It will be 3 weeks before you receive your first pay check.

-Project Launch will not pay for your gas or any other personal expenses related to the job. A typical day will have you drive into the office in the morning, then out to your territory, and then back to the office again. Gas costs and wear on your car adds up quickly.

-While Project Launch make their interview process and office environment seem "fun and cool" one will realize that those in charge are very unprofessional. Laughing about firing people, talking behind your back, and...

-VAPING ALL DAY IN THE OFFICE. By working at Project Launch, you will receive a large amount of second hand smoke into your lungs. All of the management, including the owner vape without a care in the world for the well being of anybody else.

-There is a lot more to be said about the "company" that is Project Launch. If you choose to work here, heed these warnings. Those who make it to the top here do not practice ethical sales tactics, and you as an employee are not cared for in the least. Turnover is 90-95% and most people do not make it past the first three weeks.

Advice to Management

-Stop lying to new hires to make them like the company. This sketchy way of doing business may work short term, but the lack of values and care for your employees will hurt your overall bottom line.

"M - Sales ("MKT" or "MGT Trainee")"

Current Employee - Marketing in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Project Launch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You make base weekly after your first week of training around $300 - $500. IT is a DRAW pay system, if you make more money in commission you keep the commission and not the base per week.

QUILL a company owned by Staples is the company's office/medical/etc supplies you will be selling to nearby businesses, and Project Launch sells there stuff. Basically you talk to nearby small businesses and try to persuade them to switch over their supplies to Quill's and if they retain supplies from Quill you get residual income.

Cool, but it is weird how so many of these "independent marketing companies" (I like to call them) say "MARKETING - TRAINING AVAILABLE" when in fact it is more sales, and you can tell by their indiscriminate website, with little to know detailed information on what they do but say it is "confidential."

Cons

SALES SALES SALES - As much as it says "Marketing" all these types of "Unknown/independent Companies" (I like to call them) start up with a few guys who want to get into the "business" and they usually say sales to get your attention as MARKETERS so BEWARE it is more SALES MARKETING if they want to get away with it.

What is sad is that people like me want to avoid this at all costs as we are more marketers/advertisers then sales people.

Funny I noticed a trend, most of the "executives" at these marketing startups like to mention how much "intramural sports" they played in college. Like it is a trend, once you leave college and you are a sports enthusiasts start marketing! IDK it is interesting.

Advice to Management

Pitch your careers page as SALES and when you advertise careers pitch SALES. It is more or less SALES then Marketing, and also it is pretty cold sales if you have to "call" and "meet" new small businesses. It is not easy.

"Incredible Opportunity for Professional Growth"

I worked at Project Launch full-time

Pros

The company puts an intense focus on training which I needed.
    The company is willing to hire people without a college degree.
    The company treats everyone with respect and provides the same opportunity for advancement regardless of your resume or experience.

Cons

Longer hours than I'm used to.
    Really tough standards (I was fired for not hitting sales goals for the month).

Advice to Management

Continue doing the sales training you provide. I'm already the best sales person at my new job thanks to the training I received there!

"Opportunity"

Current Employee - SAM in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - SAM in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Project Launch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Before I started with Project Launch, the recruiter told me over the phone that the expected pay range was $30,000-$50,000 for the first year which scared me because I can't survive on any less than $40k annually. Over my first two months though I've averaged a $1,000 paycheck which means I am making more money than I need to while pursuing an incredible opportunity for career growth. I love residuals!

Cons

It takes a few weeks to really get the hang of the sales process here. I'm used to some pretty high pressure situations so it was hard for me to transition into a longer sales cycle.

Advice to Management

We need to offer this position to more people in the valley! I have a ton of friends who are looking for something like this!

"Good opportunity if it's what you want"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at Project Launch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you want to work in sales it's a great opportunity. Nathan is super nice and he really does want you to succeed. If you can make it through the program you'll have an awesome career.

Cons

You work very long hours and aren't guaranteed any income. You drive all over the place and end up using all the data on your phone in the field.

Advice to Management

Maybe be more up front of the lack of benefits (insurance, vacation, sick time)

"Incredible Group of People"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Project Launch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very close-knit, family feel to the company.
    Genuinely care about the well-being of their people.
    Put A LOT of focus on training, developing, and promoting from within.
    More energy than I've ever seen in another company. Ever.

Cons

Can't advance without hitting goals which are pretty tough.
    Typically require full-time employment, not much flexibility with hours.

Advice to Management

Continue developing the right people and everything else will fall into place. And it's about time you guys put some TVs up!