Prolawn Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 4, 2018

2.2
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Client Relations and Operation Lead"

Current Employee - Client Relationship Specialist in Winchester, VA
    Current Employee - Client Relationship Specialist in Winchester, VA

I have been working at Prolawn full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Prolawn is a place that promotes internal growth, it provides a supportive environment to it's employees, allowing them expand their knowledge and skill set. Prolawn actively searches for new opportunities and tools to ensure that the strong, tight knit community remains effective. Believing that strong communication begins with trusting one another and once this is achieved, the work place becomes a well oiled machine.
    Prolawn invests in it's employees, they take the time to get to know everyone on a deeper level, creating a family like relationship. Prolawn is a family oriented company. The owner understands that there is a life outside of Prolawn and sometime your personal life can interfere with the work day. He is flexible and understanding of this, because family is very important to him.
    What I love most about Prolawn, is that I am learning new things, I feel that my opinion is heard and I can speak freely about my questions or concerns. I have formed tight relationship with most of the staff and enjoy going to work, because I feel like I'm working friends and family. Prolawn has become a second family.

Cons

As with every business, there are days that are more hectic than others and the work day can become stressful.

2. "Deferred Maintenance"

I worked at Prolawn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The boss is highly permissive of no-shows, incompetence, and destructive or wasteful activities.

Cons

All machines, vehicles, tools, uniforms, etc. are in a profound state of disrepair due to years of deferred maintenance

3. "Lack of Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

I worked at Prolawn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Insurance is offered as a benefit but is expensive

Cons

HIGH rate of turnover among office staff. Management makes emtionally charged, instant decisions without thinking through long-term consequences. Inter-department competitive environment is fostered - blame game played a lot. Lack of training. Severe lack of consistent policies and procedures. Field crews treated with more respect than office staff.

4. "Horrible Boss"

Former Employee - Office Assistant in Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Office Assistant in Winchester, VA

Pros

There are no pro to this job.

Cons

Owner is a jerk and very sexist. If you are a woman and not engaged or married you get treated as though you are a 13 year old with no life experience.

Advice to Management

Stop being hypocrites and treat all employees equally.