Proof Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Proof Management Reviews

Updated 16 May 2019

Proof Management CEO Lindsay Schaible (no image)
Lindsay Schaible
Pros
  • "I will admit that Proof Management had the best training I have ever been to on a job so for that I will give them 5 stars(in 8 reviews)

• "I learned a lot while about direct sales(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "felt like they wanted you to work 7 days a week, with long hours(in 7 reviews)

• "Management wants entry-level workers to eat, sleep, and breath the company(in 6 reviews)

"Best experience I have had"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Proof Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company has not only taught me how to be a successful person, but it's also taught me how to be a better person in general. I am able to connect with people a lot more. When I first started almost two years ago, I was very shy. I've branched out of my shell so much and I am overall a happier person.

Cons

You have to invest a lot of time and effort into the training. The management role is not going to just be handed to a person. So it will be a lot of hard work and some long hours.

Proof Management2019-05-11

"This job is very misleading, they expect you to learn these hard scrips."

I worked at Proof Management full-time

Pros

Learning marketing subject and a good resume builder.

Cons

Sales, sales, sales. All they preach to you is to learn sales scrips that are long. You work in sams club, wallmart, all retail stores. They also expect you to drive far distance and have these leader meetings, that is uncounted for pay.

Proof Management2019-05-16

"Hard work pays off here"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Bingham Farms, MI

I have been working at Proof Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Proof Management offers training and growth potential. If you work hard and take the coaching/training provided, it is easy to grow within Proof Management and learn a lot about marketing.

Cons

Long hours and hard work are required.

Proof Management2019-03-16

"Unless You're Desperate, Stay Away from this Company"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Proof Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to meet a lot of new coworkers because the employee turnover is 90% since no one stays.

Cons

You're sold a marketing concept that is outdated, shady, and not based on any market research whatsoever. The management is dishonest about working hours and if you make a lot in commissions one week, they’ll put you in a store with a product that won’t sell and you’ll make minimum wage. Weekends are never free and they’ll tell you if you work Sundays for a month they might think about giving you one Sunday morning... off to go to Church. Which is illegal. Genuine relationships are hard to come by and unless you like standing in a Costco selling ridiculously overpriced products that people don’t need you won’t find any value in this job. Management aren’t bad people, they’re just misinformed and convincing young professionals that this is the way up the professional ladder. Your standards are higher than Proof Management’s so beware of what you’re willing to sacrifice.

Advice to Management

The check-in calls multiple times a day are proof that management doesn’t trust their employees. Don’t hire people if you don’t trust them to do a good job. And please don’t copy and paste a robotic response to this poor review. Everyone can see right through that and it doesn’t bode well for you professionally.

Proof Management2019-03-18

"Ridiculous"

Former Employee - Event Specialist

I worked at Proof Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

I will admit that Proof Management had the best training I have ever been to on a job so for that I will give them 5 stars.

Cons

The bad part is just not enough compensation, incentive, or motivation for the amount of traveling, and time you have to spend during this job. From going store to store to the pointless team breakfast, and team dinners , and even worse were the breakdown days you "have" to call your team leader telling them how the day went. If you did a great a job you were still doing wrong, and if you did poorly it was because... the systems didn't work.

Advice to Management

None.

Proof Management2019-01-23

"Great support team and structure"

I have been working at Proof Management full-time

Pros

Relationships are real with the coworkers. They all challenge you in ways to become a better person in business. We all come together for the bigger goal to grow the business. My favorite part is that we are not competing with each other because we are all here for the career advancement. At the end of the day no matter what happens there is always someone to help you problem solve and game plan for the next day.... Proof Management offers a lot of structure . It helps teach daily habits that will turn into success if done on a consistent basis.

Cons

If you want to grow/own a business it is challenging!! It is not going to be handed to you. You have to work for what you want here.

Proof Management2018-11-30

"Get ready to be challenged. Advancement is there."

Former Employee - Account Manager in Bingham Farms, MI

I worked at Proof Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you do not want to be pushed outside of your comfort zone in a positive way then this is not for you. I started off in the Entry Level Brand Ambassador role and had gained so many skill-sets that have provided me with confidence to reach so many of my personal and professional goals. The first of those were my public speaking skills. I had actually gained so much confidence in speaking I did go on to achieve a... lifetime goal of speaking in front of hundreds of people as a presenter. The 2nd of those was a sense of independence. I had finally found a company who was willing to physically coach and train me and provide me with the tools I needed to grow into a management position. I loved all the responsibility as an Account Manager and the trust I was given to run events. I was able to manage so many diverse moving pieces and eventually a team. I came home with always a rewarded feeling whether I was coaching and training my guys on how to accomplish their goals or I was checking off some of my own. You have to be willing to work for what you want and you have to be vocal about your goals. Especially if the end goal or your personal goal is to have the skill-sets to run your own business. Having knowledge on all the moving pieces of running a business and how it operates are skills that can be transferable in this business, in other businesses, and in everyday life. This business also got me really involved with Philanthropy and giving back. I had never worked for a company who cared about those things. Also we did get together alot whether networking one on one or as a team for team nights which I loved.

Cons

You have to invest and prioritize your time. This is a commitment. This is for the entrepreneurial mindset and not the employee mindset. It is not about clocking in and clocking out. It is focused on what you want to obtain in the future and how you will use your time now to have the time later. I do not classify that as so much a con but I did not have the time always prioritized to the business as I was... extremely focused on planning my wedding at the time.

Proof Management2018-11-30

"Unless Direct Marketing is your thing...."

I worked at Proof Management

Pros

The atmosphere is very positive and the people are extremely enthusiastic. However...

Cons

If you’re familiar with Vector Marketing, then this is entirely the same thing. The unfortunate part is that they advertise jobs as what you “could be” rather than what you’re “going to be”. I was told that although I applied to be an event coordinator trainee, I was actually going to be hired as a “brand ambassador” - meaning that I would be selling their clients’ products at Sam’s Club, Costco, Meijer, and... eventually Target. While promised that I would be “traveling” and “building relationships” it really meant that I was going to be traveling to Sam’s Club and building relationships with customers. They said they would accommodate where I traveled to be only a few miles from where I lived, but I would actually be given areas that were HOURS away. I wasn’t given a chance to decline the position as I was already scheduled for an on-site interview at SAMS CLUB and had to call them back after the fact to decline. College grads are a huge employee base for this company because they post promising entry-level job opportunities that are seemingly exciting and promising. Almost like a fishing line with bait if you will. But unless Direct Marketing is what you’re looking for, don’t go for it.

Advice to Management

Be honest in your job postings and opportunities - this is Direct Marketing, don’t pretend otherwise. Don’t corner potential employees and push them to accept the job you want them to do. Don’t promise advancement when it’s not possible.

Proof Management2018-11-27

"Sales Scripts"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I worked at Proof Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun, positive people to be around

Cons

If you are not into memorizing Sale Scripts and marketing pitch in order to get people to buy random products in Sams, Costco, Walmart etc., don't waste your time.

Advice to Management

Be very open, specific, transparent and detailed in the pay and job description over the phone. Why waste time! Let prospective candidates know that they will be memorizing sale scripts for various products only to regurgitate it to shoppers in order to sell items. There are lots of people out there that do not mind this type of work.

Proof Management2018-10-31

"Marketing Representative"

I worked at Proof Management full-time

Pros

Lots of learning about direct marketing.

Cons

Long hours. Little money. Management is shady.

Proof Management2018-10-23