Public Storage Canadian Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

Found 3 reviews

2.8
David P. Singelyn
  1. "Assistant Property Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in New Westminster, BC

I have been working at Public Storage Canadian full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Easy to manage the property.

Cons

1) Some tenants are uneducated. So, they are disrespectful and in patient. 2) No voice of the employees since Management disallowing forming employees union.

Advice to Management

Management must hear the voice of their employees so that they will know the actual or real situation on their jobs. Management is self centered to the income not to the welfare of their employees.

Public Storage Canadian2017-06-29
  2. "It's about perspective"

Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Public Storage Canadian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

clear objectives, decent pay, consistent work, respect, coworkers.

Cons

Low wage vs responsibilities, unrealistic budgets, constant pressure becomes too demanding, little support.

Advice to Management

Everyone is doing their best. If the results are other there, I can bet the management isn't either. You should spend more time on site. Maybe a liaison position would be nice.

Public Storage Canadian2016-04-09
  3. "Little growth opportunity, insulting annual raises, crap bonus and cheap district managers"

Former Employee - Relief Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Public Storage Canadian full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy dealing with costumers and the job can be a bit laid back at times. It is a stable job but thats about it.

Cons

For such a high demanding company it pays very low near minimum wage with no promises of growing as they will lie at interview to convince new hired employees that they can grow in short period of times. I was informed as well that I didn't have to lift more then 50lbs and realized afterwards that I am forced to lift couches, gym equipment, industrial machinery, etc. Annual raises are ¢10 -¢15 and the work load is very...

Advice to Management

Look into securing your properties as there is more break-ins in Public storage then other competitive companies in Toronto. Also try to hire more younger generation or recent graduates. Change your salaries as they are very unattractive and the benefits are very bad.

Public Storage Canadian2014-04-15