PulseCX Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2019

Found 24 reviews

3.3
Jay Bolling

"A great agency to really learn how to apply the power of marketing"

Former Employee - Account Group Supervisor in Montgomeryville, PA

I worked at PulseCX for more than 5 years

Pros

Great management, really talented and dedicated leaders. Lots of opportunity for less experienced employees to shine.

Cons

Suburban location means long commutes for most workers

PulseCX2017-07-16

"A depressing place to be"

I have been working at PulseCX

Pros

Do you enjoy putting little to no effort into your career? Do you like toys, stuffed animals and movie props? If so, PulseCX is the place for you!

Cons

An office space with only 15 of 50+ desks filled sheds light on what this place has become. While clients are dropping one by one and layoffs continue, teams are spending their time redecorating their desks and throwing depressing parties to distract employees from the crumbling disaster that has evolved over the past few years.

Advice to Management

Running a business takes much more than creating an “experience”.

PulseCX2019-03-29

"Downhill."

I have been working at PulseCX full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Well, at least there are a couple people left who are good at their job. Most of the good ones all left. Sometimes we have snacks (unless the CEO takes them away because he's mad at us). Dogs at work are fun.

Cons

Started going downhill when new CEO came on. Only those who kiss his feet are "good" employees....even if they do a terrible job in reality. CEO is too removed to know who actually does the real work. He also forces us to do things, and you better do it with a smile or else. Examples being....We are "called out" if we don't share his videos on our personal social networks. Or if we don't participate in good causes wearing...

Advice to Management

People just need to be honest. Stop tiptoeing around it all. Tell those who do a bad job that they do a bad job. That's the only way they have a chance in hell of getting better and the only way you'll get the last few good ones to stay.

PulseCX2018-10-20

"Creative Director"

I have been working at PulseCX full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are no pros to speak of with regard to this company. Not a good work environment at all. Stale company.

Cons

Lack of leadership emanates throughout the comany. No direction or focus for the business. Work enonment and conditions are sub par at best.

Advice to Management

Need to clean house and bring in more professional and humane management team. Company is stale and growth is very stagnant. Evolve and change or stand still and die.

PulseCX2018-08-10

"Let employees have a voice!"

I worked at PulseCX full-time

Pros

- Lack of staff makes for current employees to always have something to do - Senior Management is definitely hands-on - Employees have the opportunity to wear many hats

Cons

- No process - 0 work/life balance - Lack of communication from Upper Management to rest of staff

Advice to Management

Please, please listen to your employees. Everything that is said has reason, meaning, and passion behind it. By overworking your staff and having them felt unheard is not going to make for a strong team.

PulseCX2017-06-21
  6. "Individuality"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at PulseCX full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pretty innovative culture and process for clients and some of the senior team are pretty inspirational.

Cons

I would want senior people to be more focused on making employees able to do their jobs without interference, as some of the leaders are better than others. Needs further kinks worked out of their internal communications.

Advice to Management

Let people do the job they were hired for, even if they fail the first time. Don't always try to please everyone.

PulseCX2017-01-30

"Truly going downhill"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Montgomery, PA

I worked at PulseCX full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture is good - nice parties, dogs at work. Don't believe any other pros, they are written here because management insisted employees contribute positive reviews.

Cons

Picture a ship with four captains who have no idea what they're doing trying to drive the ship in different directions. Things have changed for the worse at PulseCX. Talented, wonderful, passionate employees shown the door because they dare disagree with management and voice an opinion. This place used to be great. Now, you're losing all your good guys (and your clients) and keeping all your lackeys. There's a reason.

Advice to Management

Go back to the way things were. Back off your employees, they know what they're doing without your ill-informed interference. Your "senior management" business model puts your employees down and makes them feel pointless, and it never wins you new business or helps keep the clients you have. Stop firing anyone who challenges you and be who you preach you are...a place with no egos where everyone gets a seat at the table....

PulseCX2017-01-26

"Antiquated, Self-Centered Executive Team"

I worked at PulseCX full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fresh Fruit, parties, open bar, dress code, a few decent people still sticking it out for who knows what reason

Cons

extremely old equipment, tyrannical CEO and President who fire people randomly and at will who will disagree or challenge them, no real value proposition, building is very cold in the winter and rather hot in the summer, salaries are under market rates, no career growth

Advice to Management

Let people do their jobs they can probably do them better figure out a differentiator invest in the people and the business

PulseCX2017-01-23
  9. "Truly Questions the Quo"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Montgomeryville, PA

I worked at PulseCX full-time for more than a year

Pros

PulseCX is an agency that lives up to its name with emphasis on customer experience engagement across client solutions as well as company culture. The direct connection between what they do as an agency and who they are as a company is unlike any other I have ever experienced. This company is a rare find. As a young professional, I was looking for an agency where I could learn, grow, and build my career. In the end,...

Cons

It's a dog-friendly agency and NO, that is not the con. The con is that some days there aren't actually any dogs in the office to love on in between meetings.

PulseCX2016-08-24

"Loving it!"

I have been working at PulseCX

Pros

I've had 3 corporate jobs as a director or higher from small to large companies, one being international. They were all very stressful with little reward but I stuck with it because, hey, I was getting great experience right? I didn't know there could be another way until I came to PulseCX. Working at a smaller agency has been great! 90%+ of the time, life outside of work is respected. Of course there's a rare instance...

Cons

For some, the fact that it's in Montgomeryville, PA might be a turn-off for those who like working in the city; however, I do NOT miss that train ride with Septa!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

PulseCX2016-08-01