QuestPoint Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kai Hankinson

"Hard work is rewarded. Honesty is appreciated. Employees are respected."

I worked at QuestPoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Much has been said of the culture, the perks, the atmosphere which are all AMAZING! Not enough has been said about the "ask and you shall receive" quality that is rare. As a former employee who has been through 2 layoffs I can only praise the company. The nature of any industry or any job is up and down and adjustments must be made and that can be hard. Have you ever worked for a company and asked them to please be honest with you? Were they? QuestPoint is. Feedback is praised, even if it's negative. Any conflict is an opportunity to change and do it better. We asked for accountability, we got it. We asked for transparency and it was given, even if the news wasn't what we wanted to hear. Most companies wouldn't even let you know. We were informed constantly. Approximately every 2 weeks.

It is unfortunate to have to read any negativity from anyone. Anyone saying anything negative should be ashamed. Knowing they were paid above industry standards. Knowing that benefits were covered and then some. Knowing that they weren't micromanaged and driven into the ground as some replaceable commodity. People didn't even have to provide their own food. The company works hard to take care of people to the best of their ability. If people stopped shopping at a store would that store be able to continue paying hundreds of employees? If that was the case, wouldn't you like to be told honestly right away?

QuestPoint cares - plain and simple. Caring in today's work force is so rare that I may never see the likes of that treatment again. Fight hard to get a job here. Bring your "A" game everyday. The stench of BS is detected a mile away. Know that you will work with awesome people that are working as hard as you, otherwise they wouldn't be there or won't be there much longer.

Cons

The nature of the industry. Working in any digital/internet/software related field people must be agile with the ebb and flow. When one thing doesn't work or has run it's course, it can take some time to pivot - that can mean long hours, hard work when you're already working hard and of course in the worst case - layoffs. These are the negatives of any industry.

Another con is that no matter how hard management works to kill politics, rumors, and general pithy behavior in their culture - people take themselves wherever they go. It takes one negative person or outlook to start poisoning a company from the inside. Due to their approach of responsibility with accountability it can take some time to weed out these bad seeds. Don't let that poison you. If you have a complaint - then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. It's called work for a reason, you are expected to work. Don't whine, provide solutions.

Advice to Management

Keep going. Keep learning. Keep teaching. Keep listening and responding - it is very appreciated. I am sad to go, and honored to have worked for and with you. Thanks for leading by example.

"When their brand comes under fire, they change their names, fire employees, create new sites and keep operating."

Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at QuestPoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What they don't share with you in the interview:

The Creepy Ad Firm That's Charging Top Brands For YouTube Ads That Aren't Supposed To Exist

Locked Out by Exchanges, SSPs

Still Injecting Ads. Video Advertisers, Beware

Cons

Operating under: Sterkly, Yontoo, Questpoint, Admatter, Agree and countless more alternate company names to dupe Web users into installing plug ins on their computers that infect your computer without knowledge or permission.

Expect high turn over, unstable job security

A self-interested and ineffective HR

A lack of morale (still masked by cushy perks)

Advice to Management

What management ?

"Great company in bad industry"

I worked at QuestPoint full-time

Pros

Great culture, cool cutting edge technology and smart people. Fast paced environment that changes constantly. High performance and results oriented.

Cons

Very volatile industry (especially sterkly download business) that has powerful enemies, as evidenced by two layoffs of over 60% of the company in two years.

"Got Business Model ? Is is Spam?"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at QuestPoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hard work, no work life balance, junk food, expanding waist lines . immense stress. Dirty politics. Only join if you are desperate to get a job.

Cons

I am surprised that nobody mentions why the companies so called 'business model' is a disaster. Their business model is so bad the company had to rename itself 4 times.

Advice to Management

Got Ethics? Heard of morality?

"If you like Ping-Pong and free lunch definitely look here!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at QuestPoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Perks galore:
    - Free lunches - catered food trucks on Thursdays, stocked fridges (even beers), etc. I like food thumbs up!
    - Car washes weekly - Yay clean car while I work!
    - Break areas - ping-pong, video games, pool table, gym, yoga, etc. – Fun stuff!
    - Company outings - they throw decent parties – I like to dance!
    - Crucial conversations – You get trained by the CEO himself, he’s so good at it. Woohoo!!! New skill to add on resume! Caveat, you’ll need it!

Cons

So really, I mean really, read the positive reviews with a grain of salt. They are textbook scripted from the Executives Playbook, talk of company culture, transparency, accountability, ability to (insert finger quotes here) PIVOT (end finger quotes here)… I mean really who writes like that here??? Scripted with no character or anything real that is negative about the company. I really question the quality of the reviews here. When you have to remind everyone of company culture and try so hard to sell it, then you are trying to be something you’re not and there are destined to be some problems ahead.

So if you like the free lunches, fun environment, and a clean car, I mean who doesn't right? Oops sounds like a positive is this in the wrong category??? Well no, but maybe, let me continue… If you like those things and let it distract you from the lack of real direction and lack meaningful products then you’ll be fine, but if you really care about viability, long term growth, and a real future then you’ll be sorely disappointed here.

There seems to be a lack of discipline within the organization, money is wasted on perks rather then wisely invested in employees and improving products and services. The company portrays a startup environment still after +5 years, still hasn’t gone public or reached financial stability. The most recent evidence of this is yet another layoff, essentially cashflow issue due to not getting additional funding. I mean if they had a plan and decent forecasting couldn’t this have been avoided??? If there was transparency and accountability wouldn’t this have been communicated to all and/or handled in a more respectful manner with employees in mind??? My co-worker said it best, if they really believed the culture they sell then wouldn’t they have been very up front and communicated the challenges with cash flow, cut the cost of perks (I understand it may not be enough to cut this alone), offered voluntary pay cuts, etc, I’ve weathered a few storms, dotcom boom, recessions, etc and these were all options provided, companies that had real strategy, real culture with transparency, accountability, and (do I dare say it, finger quotes not needed you get it) ability to PIVOT to weather the storm. I agree the market we are in is volatile (but who’s isn’t), the economy is and can be unpredictable but if there is a solid foundation and stability is achieved. Anyways done ranting I think you get the picture I am trying to paint. (sorry its only black and white)

Advice to Management

Company culture is not preached and learned it is created through character and a common goal, I think this was lost long ago. It is not something that can be preached to come into an organization, it starts from the top, leading by example, hiring like-minded people, and developing focus on success. I hope you get there, I hope this helps you understand, there are good people that believed in the direction at one point or another and you lost that through inconsistency and poor leadership, you’ve now laid off or lost voluntarily those people.

"Perks Perks Perks Perks....But don't be fooled."

Former Employee - Accounts in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Accounts in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at QuestPoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was let go about a year ago, and decided to never say anything about the company. I was let go during a mass lay off, this was directly following a very large Christmas party. I didn't think too much about it, but then I kept hearing more and more from friends who were still working there. The perks are great, but let's be honest -- we would all rather have a steady job then lunches and ping pong. The pros are that there are some great people in non-management roles and they create a great work culture.

Cons

This company has no clue when it comes to managing money or people. The CEO is a joke of a boss, he can't even hold a normal conversation. ANY company that hires and then fires with mass layoffs should be red flagged. I agree with other comments on here, there are so many ex-questpoint employees that have been treated horribly and they don't say anything about it. Many of these reviews, or at least the good ones have been written by the CEO.

Advice to Management

Your not management. You do not know how to manage. Don't hire friends and adhere to your employees serious complaints.

"I don't know why there are so many good reviews - they hire then fire ALL the time."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at QuestPoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent salaries, relaxed atmosphere and some cool people.

Cons

They throw huge christmas parties then let 50-60% of the employees go in the summer - has happened each summer now. Again, the good reviews DO NOT represent the workforce there. This is an honest review. The management hires friends and looks out for themselves. Just unreliable

Advice to Management

Spend money more wisely so you don't hire and fire so much messing with so many peoples lives. There are a LOT of ex-questpoint employees out there that only have negative things to say.

QuestPoint Response

Jul 2, 2014 – CEO

Dear anonymous - Thank you for your feedback. I've always viewed company social events as something we do for the employees (you know: work-hard/play-hard) so it is helpful to me to see this from ... More

"Amazing place to grow"

I have been working at QuestPoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leadership at Questpoint has done an amazing job creating an environment where people don't just work, they learn, grow and succeed. They people value each other and appreciate the work that is done by those around them. I have never been part of a team that shares ideas so freely, evaluates every decision and has a true "open door" policy. The CEO is the first to ask for feedback and turn feedback into action. It is a unique leader that can have a clear vision of the direction the company needs to go, stay true to the vision and directions, but implement suggestions along the way. As Jack Welch said, "Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others." Questpoint has created a place where you can work on you and be part of an amazing team. Most people on this team have options and are recruited to work other places, but they stay here because it is much more than a job, it is a family, a place to push yourself, challenge yourself and find out what your really capable of accomplishing.

The compensation is as good as it gets. The company even offers pet insurance because I think HR found every other benefit your could offer. Paid meals, no set schedule, unlimited time off, paid insurance, life insurance, medical, dental, vision, rewards account to buy a co-worker a gift every quarter, tuition reimbursement, unlimited training, charity donation match and all the food and drinks you can eat. Amazing place. However, even with the amazing benefits and "things" I stay here because of the people and the opportunity to accomplish things money can't buy; success, growth and satisfaction from your work.

Questpoint is an amazing family.

Cons

The cons of working with a group of very bright, driven and honest people are also pros for the comapny. It is easy to feel like your not the smartest person in the room, your ideas are challenged and the company is encouraged to provide feedback and have a voice. The company and CEO have invested a lot of time and money into training with crucial conversations but it is not always easy to hear the truth. You have to be willing to put your ideas on the line and accept the honest feedback your going to get.

Advice to Management

Do not look at an exit, continue with the same style of leadership and stay true to the QuestPoint values. It works, so no reason to break it.

9. "The Leadership and Culture is Unique,Intentional, and Excellent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at QuestPoint full-time

Pros

Work days here pass by quickly, with lots of creative challenges being solved collaboratively with an emphasis on each person taking initiative in their area of strength. It is empowering and fulfilling. The company culture fosters a fun environment with lots of awesome benefits. The best part though is-hands down-the people you get to work with here: smart, thoughtful,and hard working, everyone here is an ally and often a friend.

Cons

This industry can be tumultuous, and job stability can leave something to be desired, but overall, QuestPoint works to meet this reality with transparency and candor and I think that's the most you can ask.

"The best company you've never heard of"

Current Employee - Director in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at QuestPoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

QuestPoint really is the best company you've never heard of. A bold statement, but it's honestly the truth. I'll summarize why in four points:

1) Industry: the company works in internet technology, which can be broken up into two main functions, marketing and data. Divisions within QuestPoint are silo'd in a way that allows for focus on creating and maintaining products/services, while still able to realize synergy among groups outside of said division. This allows for a company the size of an aircraft carrier to maneuver like a jet ski, an absolute requirement if a business wants to stay successful in this ever changing landscape
    2) Leadership: executives, VPs, directors and managers are all top notch, thanks in part to a vigorous hiring process and a high level of transparent accountability. Each divisions performance is clearly visible for all to see, which means that supervisors failing in any number of areas (leadership, hard/soft skills, etc) are weeded out quickly and efficiently.
    3) Employee Perks: everything you'd expect at a start-up tech firm is here. Great pay, full benefits, unlimited vacations, pick your own hours, catered food daily, car details, yoga, treadmill desks, free smartphones, etc.
    4) Expectations: with points 1-3, here comes the 'catch' - you're held accountable for what is expected from your role. Quarterly reviews by those who work around you, called '360s' - these are rolled out to every employee, from the bottom to executives.

Cons

No real cons, other than know what you're getting into. If you bullshitted your skills and managed to make it through the hiring process, you won't last past 90 days.

Advice to Management

None