RMD Advertising Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Sue Reninger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Working here is stimulating"

I have been working at RMD Advertising part-time

Pros

Constantly learning and growing through a weekly team book club, creative/ non-threatening atmosphere, the Managing Partners are willing to actually help you improve & love what you do, good office music, paid for company lunch every other Friday

Cons

Sometimes I wish the team size was a bit larger

Advice to Management

In an industry that's always on the move and constantly evolving, you guys do a great job of staying up with the times in a fun and trendy way :)

2. "decent"

Former Employee - Bus Boy in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Bus Boy in Columbus, OH

I worked at RMD Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

not many pros that i could find

Cons

it was an alright place to work

3. "I really like this place, really I do"

I have been working at RMD Advertising part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I appreciate a company that works hard to make sure what they do - in words and in actions - are built on integrity. I have worked for RMD as a part-time freelancer for about 2 years and have only the utmost respect for this crazy hard-working group. Their clients love them which it makes really easy to work harder for them. The projects are fast and creative with RMD always pushing for the "right thing" to do in the name of the client. Doesn't matter what position, the whole team embraces you immediately, makes you feel welcomed (I've been places that shun you). Well, I do like working on food brands and they got a lot of them, so it makes it easy to say "yes" to them that's for sure.

Cons

How about a new computer? Ok, seriously, nothing to report here - RMD has been around for a long time, who am I to criticize?

Advice to Management

Wow, 26 years and still going strong. Keep on keepin' on.

4. "Great Place to Learn New Skills and Grow"

I have been working at RMD Advertising part-time

Pros

Great energy working with the team, positive work environment, team building events, Mojo lunch Fridays (every other Friday where RMD provides a team lunch), motivational, dogs in the office (Yay!), and there are days where the clients' products are made in a recipe for a photoshoots- and at the end of the day, we get to taste-test them

Cons

The location isn't in the ideal spot for me

Advice to Management

RMD Advertising is a great, lively place to work. I enjoy coming in every day to the high energy music, the adorable office dogs, the valuable leadership and one-on-one mentoring Sue Reninger gives frequently, fun co-workers, and the creativity that occurs throughout the agency every single day. I also love any topic surrounding the food category, so when there are days I get to make and shoot a recipe using our clients' products, it's always an exciting, creative, and fun day. Sue really pays attention to your individual skills, and molds your job/tasks around what you're best at so you succeed. You're pushed to execute your best work for the clients every day on a deadline, which makes every day slightly different, and promotes growth. There's variety and camaraderie. Would highly recommend to a friend.

"I hate it here!!!!!!!!"

I have been working at RMD Advertising full-time

Pros

Will make you grateful for any other professional company you've worked at, if you're not one of the 95% of young professionals they hire straight out of college (or if you are their daughter).

Cons

To anyone who is looking for a job, don't come here! We are overworked and underpaid. I have developed anxiety issues since working here.

Advice to Management

Stop writing fake reviews to cover up the true ones. The negative ones are all true.

"As someone else said: RUN!"

I worked at RMD Advertising full-time

Pros

Dogs can come to the office sometimes.

Cons

Everything - seriously. I should have taken the clue from my interview when the owner - the wife - told me the other owner - her husband - often had angry outbursts at employees and would I be comfortable with that? Um, no??? So it happened once and I left. People, there are a lot of good agencies in town - run, run, run from this one and this very dysfunctional and strange husband-wife team.

"Run Don't Walk away from these people"

I worked at RMD Advertising (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not any that I can see

Cons

Completely unprofessional. Company has so much turnover there is no consistency . They all seem to be afraid of the owners who try to put on an outward appearance of a The Best People on Earth when it really appears to be Leona Helmsley & Atilla the Hun . Insults, almost emotional battery, low pay . Far more of an example of HOW NOT TO RUN AN AGENCY. There no Donny Deutsch

Advice to Management

Manage like humans don't pit people against each other, don't teach interns that they are less than people . Start treating your on airs better,anyone that knows RMD said NO

"Long hours, no lunch"

I have been working at RMD Advertising full-time

Pros

Hard to think of any-

Cons

No lunch breaks, no positive reinforcement even if it is positive criticism-

Advice to Management

Give employees an hour lunch break, like all the other agencies do.

"Authentic, Passionate, Hard Working,"

I have been working at RMD Advertising full-time

Pros

Six words that we use represent our intentions: creative, passionate, smart, sharp, problem-solving, and gratitude. We try to talk the talk and walk the walk.

#attitudeofgratitudes every day... with each other and for each other.

Accountability - we are all encouraged to be a thought leader, to fail forward, to be honest.

Cons

Honestly hard to give any "downsides of working at RMD" because I feel that its a great fit for me. Some might say a "con" is that we're not a fancy agency located downtown with funky furniture and chalkboard walls... but then we invest our profit into the people; some may say it's hard to work for a demanding business or a demanding client - but I think it makes you smarter and better and brings out the best in you.

"N/A"

I worked at RMD Advertising full-time

Pros

Free coffee, dogs welcome to the office, random food Fridays

Cons

Everything else and HUGE turnover

Advice to Management

Get out of your bubble