RMD Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
Ralph Holguin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Intro to Contract Working"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at RMD Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great People, cool events, per deim,

Cons

Lack of leadership, poor working schedule.

Advice to Management

Restructure yearly schedule of events

2. "Not good for BA's"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Long Beach, CA

I worked at RMD Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unfortunately no positives really to share. I was very excited when I first walked in beautiful office.

Cons

Really Low Pay
    No Per Diem
    Travel pay is half your rate
    Unprofessional coordinators
    No Direct Deposit

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your coordinators they are rude and just unprofessional. They really act like they hate their jobs. I just don't understand how the owner is ons reality show saying how successful he is but they don't even offer direct deposit. You have to go. Pick up a check and most of the time you have to wait in line till 4pm and that's if they actually make you one and hope it's correct amount.

3. "Was not for me"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I worked at RMD Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Part time people seem to like field work
    They have a garage with beautiful cars

Cons

Owner is extremely unprofessional. In my short time there I witnessed several employees crying due to interaction with him. If you need to get an idea of how he is he has hung a 15 foot canvas that illustrates a quote that he wrote himself. It was really bizarre for me to witness people scrambling for his approval. I didn't understand it as I found him to lack real marketing knowledge or solid leadership skills. His attitude and approach seems to be contagious as the rest of the
    staff is negative and unwelcoming. There does seem to be a lot of infighting, people seem to say very negative things about each other. The last straw for me was when I over heard two employees talking very negatively about an employee who I was told was on medical leave battling cancer. I was seriously disgusted as I have a family member also battling cancer.
    The tension and negativity is felt the minute you walk thru door.
    Location is sketchy but the building is fairly nice inside. When interviewing ask several questions. They don't seem to provide solid direction and you can be pulled to work on things you may not be equipped to handle or trained for. Pay is below industry standard and benefits and time off are lacking. I was so excited to get the job that so didn't pay attention and later found that my friend who works at a major retailer got almost twice more paid leave and sick days then offered by this company. This was definitely a good learning experience for me.

Advice to Management

Hire a professional to restructure and properly manage staff. Owner should just focus on his cars.
    Re-evaluate your current staff so many clearly don't want to be there and express it daily.
    Offer competitive pay and benefits your staff would be happier and more productive if you took better care of them.

4. "Listen to your gut....NO!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I worked at RMD Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Happy hour Fridays (cater breakfast) and music, it's fun for about 30 minutes. Love the in house departments and design of the inside.

Cons

Overworked, poor communication, management not approachable, doesn't take responsibility for mistakes and passes the blame, sub pair training by someone else who is probably new. Didn't feel safe in the area. Doesn't recognize talent and speaks to employees as if they are giving them a "second chance". Pay attention to the position they are advertising for and the role they offer.

Advice to Management

Proper training procedure, take a look at who you have in managerial roles.

"No Innovation"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Pros

Ample parking lot so plenty of parking. In Food for Less shopping center very convenient.

Cons

No creative collaboration. It is either the CEO's ideas or no ideas.

Advice to Management

If your interested in just collecting a check and getting some experience to place in your resume this is the place for you. Employee in-fighting is rampant because they all fall over each other trying to avoid getting blamed for any mistake by the the CEO. The creative team is comprised of the CEO who has no original or inspired ideas, everyone agrees with him to keep their job. The CEO keeps this company from being great and his success to date can only be attributed to luck.i suggest this company start listening to its employees and new ideas. Allow employees to express themselves without retaliation from management.

"Requires Change"

I worked at RMD Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good opportunity to work with big clients.

Cons

CEO has created very hostile environment with lack of communication and direction. The CEO becomes involved in projects but does not see them through and only steps in to create disorder by undermining all work. Employees will do anything to not be blamed for anything and blame each other for mistakes. There is no real HR department to seek help or direction from. On any given day you can hear CEO joking innappropiately with employees or openly criticizing their clothing or look. It was very difficult t to get work done as management has no consideration for time and call random meetings on a daily basis. Pay and benefits are below industry average. Very limited room for growth. The overall environment is tense and uncomfortable. Long hours on salary. No work/life balance.

Advice to Management

CEO should attend special sensitivity training to learn to approach his employees in more productive ways. The company should develop a true HR department with an impartial or objective person in that position that is not related to owner.

"Fun!"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in San Francisco, CA

Pros

What I loved about the job is that is was outdoors, the management on & off site was great and we were always in a fun, new location.

Cons

Sometimes co-workers slack, but I think that's going to happen anywhere.

"run away..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I worked at RMD Group (Less than a year)

Pros

nice office,a few good people to work with at the company

Cons

coo sucks at its job, pressure on EE and low pay rates way off from market value. If the clients want good quality of Event specialist this is not the place since they dont want to pay EE what other company's pay. RMD pay rates 11-15hr other company's in the same market 15-20hr . FORD what are you thinking !!!

Advice to Management

review current employees two or three bad seeds will make you loose great employees and clients !!

"Extremely deceiving company and position"

Pros

If you like a heavy work load, extremely fast-paced environment and events, this is a good position for you. It can be a good place so long as you intend for it to be a short-term position.

Cons

One of the biggest setbacks I had with this company was that they conduct themselves very unprofessionally. There is a lack of respect for employees from upper management. Additionally, the company is quick and beyond willing to take advantage of their employees, even threatening to take your job and position if you don’t comply or make a mistake.

There is a lack of communication between departments and between employees and upper management. There is also a lack of accountability within many departments, which creates much discord and fosters a negative work environment.

The work load was extremely overbearing and intense. The agency is not properly staffed to accommodate the massive amounts of work and projects they take on by their clients. Additionally, they do not compensate their employees well enough for the heavy work load and extensive overtime the job requires, which leads to a very high employee turn-over rate for both full-time and part-time employees.

Advice to Management

Business ethics and mutual respect will take your company a far way. It is difficult for employees to respect upper management when upper management does not abide by the rules and guidelines they put in place. Some of your employees are very bright and intelligent people and you should try to hear their requests and work on building a more united team. Bribery should not be a fall back tactic to entice employees to act how you want them to.

10. "its a party company and they are good at partying"

Current Employee - Server in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Server in San Diego, CA

I have been working at RMD Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

get hooked up at other RMD venues

Cons

money hungry which leads to employees feeling under valued

Advice to Management

shoe employees your care about them