RTC Reviews

Updated Jan 11, 2021

3.6
RTC CEO Richard Nathan (no image)
Richard Nathan
Pros
  • "Many perks - Fun Fridays, free fruit throughout the building, corporate events/parties(in 11 reviews)

• "There are a lot of great people who work really hard(in 9 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great company to work for"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Denver, CO

I worked at RTC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Work overload was too much sometimes

2. "DO NOT WORK HERE"

1.0
    Former Employee - Laborer in Chicago, IL

I worked at RTC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Country Club Job with no room to move up

Cons

Horrible Leadership that lies all the time

October 5, 2020

We have reviewed the feedback provided in this review, but with so little detail we do not know how to respond. If you are referring to our organization, we’d like the opportunity to address any issues you have experienced. You are welcome to email me at hr@rtc.com.

3. COVID-19

"Employees Matter!"

Current Employee - Account Management

I have been working at RTC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have always known RTC to be a company that puts its employees first and is an outstanding place to work with significant career opportunities. However, today I could not be happier or more proud to be an employee of RTC. The dedication and teamwork from Senior Leadership and throughout the company to continue safe operations during the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic have been astounding, all while displaying the utmost concern for our well-being. If you are interested in working for a global leader in the retail fixture industry that offers a positive and collaborative work culture, RTC is your place!

Cons

Work can sometimes be very demanding, but also rewarding.

July 15, 2020

We appreciate the feedback on our ongoing efforts to put the safety of our associates first. Everyone has done their part while continuing to work hard for our clients. Whether coming into the office/plant and complying with all protocols or working remote and utilizing the tools provided to remain productive and efficient - it is definitely a team effort.

4. "A complete mess"

1.0
    Current Employee - Plant

I have been working at RTC full-time

Pros

Management at the plant leaves you alone if you're getting your work done. In early, out early. Could dissapear for hours and no one would notice. If you get in the good ol boys club you're set.

Cons

Worst HR department I've ever had to work with. All aspects of the business are very segmented and there's no sense of teamwork. As long as someone gets their work done, it doesn't matter if they screw someone else over in the process. Employees are constantly starting rumors about each other but as opposed to holding any of them accountable, management just switches department they work in. No accountability whatsoever. Limited attempts to get better and the few attempts take 6+ months to implement or get forgotten about. Management likes to assign random assignments or jobs to random people but the whole team is rarely informed of any new processes or updates. ERP system is over 10 versions out of date but company refuses to update the system. The building still runs on a paper ticket system and manual entry of transactions and tickets. No scanners - creates obvious wastes of money in time/labor and resources. An entire sheet of paper is used to make a ticket and there could be over 50 tickets on a pallet. Limited logic as to how the warehouse and tracking system is set up. Very sexist and women get no opportunities to move up. Honestly, if you've gotten this far, I'm surprised. Please head this warning, STAY AWAY FROM RTC.

February 14, 2020

Your feedback is important to me and to the management team here at RTC. Where you’ve provided details, I will bring your comments to my colleagues in Sr. Management to determine if change is warranted. In some cases, we already have initiatives in place to address your concerns. If you have any additional details to share about the environment and what you have observed, I’d encourage you to use the Suggestion Boxes we have in place at the plant to provide specific examples for us to investigate; all suggestions are read by me and taken seriously. If you are comfortable reaching out to me directly, I would be an active listener to gather details in order to address your concerns. Maintaining a culture that is inclusive, respectful and safe is important to us.

5. "RTC is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Director, Account Management in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at RTC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great management, innovative R&D and a friendly culture.

Cons

There are no cons that I see with this company.

6. "Great place"

Current Employee - Production Supervisor

I have been working at RTC full-time for less than a year

Pros

The hours of operations are perfect for my lifestyle and family. 1st shift 6am to 230pm. Before the shift ends they give you time to clean your areas so the warehouse in all departments look comfortable to work in. they have a stretching to lower the odds of injury. Everyone seems willing to help each other especially new people. Room to grow. i would like to retire here

Cons

some people you deal with are very unorganized and last minute.

7. "Fast paced environment with opportunities to work with associates from all departments."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at RTC part-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoy the variety of work, as well as working with associates from various departments. It's never the same thing, day after day. My colleagues are helpful and friendly. There's always plenty to do and I like being able to contribute to projects involving people from a lot of different departments.

Cons

I haven't found any yet.

8. "RTC super cool place to work with great people"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at RTC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

RTC is a super cool company with both big name retail and brand customers. Product line is second to none. Dynamic sales team leadership. Great benefits including early release on Fridays, volunteer time off, pto, holidays early release day before, tuition reimbursement, BCBS insurance with low deductible, work from home 1x/week, semi shutdown in office during Christmas/New year holidays. Owner gets involved having worked his way from the bottom up. As with many family owned companies, the expectation is to work as if it was your own company which gets recognized by the company provided you have a good manager. There are opportunities for learning or enhancing skills. Departments are strongly held together through teamwork and really help newbies get acquainted. Hard workers who don't complain too much about being overworked typically are rewarded. In many ways the company has a big heart for its employees. They are ethical and support diversity in the workplace. Lots of super smart helpful people. Want to get an education in business....that's the place but you need tough skin. Future employers will be impressed.

Cons

Hiring process takes many interviews and lots of time even for lower paid positions. All managers are working managers so if you're not willing to do both don't bother applying. That's both a pro and a con. Companywide meetings used to be monthly or quarterly. Very few in the last several years which leaves associates in the dark or feeling information is being withheld ultimately leading to lots of rumors. Do what you state in meetings or credibility is diminished. Very limited number of female vp's as compared to males. Path to vp title unclear. Fast paced (both good and bad) company often struggling with limited resources in several areas leading to burnout amongst many.

Continue reading

"Why you need to work at RTC"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at RTC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Every company claims they offer competitive pay and benefits, challenging work, and great advancement opportunities. I look at those as givens when thinking about the next place you're going to work. RTC offers a platform for inexperienced and experienced new hires to excel within their role. You get the opportunity to work alongside industry exports who guide you through some of the worlds toughest issues facing the retail environment and how RTC can provide a value add solution that will result in a positive financial outcome for any retailer. You will have the opportunity to present your thoughtful opinions on how to advance the business forward and consult with peers on how to make your ideas a reality. RTC has become a very progress company by listening to its employees and has launched a telecommuting program to offer flexibility in our hectic everyday lives. RTC has formulated a mentoring program and has financially supported employee professional development through outside training. I've personally taken advantage of everything RTC has to offer and I have advanced into new roles, grown my base salary, and have worked on high level projects with more responsibilities. I've been with the company for a couple years and have accomplished a lot. Your career trajectory is limitless and RTC is a great company work for.

Cons

RTC works with a customer centric mindset and has a "winning" personality that pushes individuals to produce high quality work. Some individuals may not enjoy a fast pace environment with aggressive deadlines but we do what we need to do in order to meet expectations.

Continue reading

"Overall, a great place to work!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Model Maker in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at RTC full-time for more than a year

Pros

For the most part, the people of RTC have great work ethic and good attitudes. Pay is fair and benefits are in-line with what I'd expect from a company of this caliber. Fun Fridays are a nice perk.

Cons

Recent layoffs and "re-structuring" , I believe, have contributed to (almost) a culture of fear and lowered overall morale. Interdepartmental communication is lacking on many levels and all too often, it seems, ego is permitted stand in the way of reason.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 77 English Reviews