Recruiting.com Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
David Harden
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Constant growth and challenge in a positive environment"

Current Employee - Client Success & Implementation in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Client Success & Implementation in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Recruiting.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- I feel that my contributions are valued and recognized.
    - I am constantly given opportunities to grow and stretch.
    - Feedback is provided consistently and in a constructive manner.
    - You're given the autonomy you need to be amazing at what you do!

Cons

This is not a con per se, though you need to be able to adapt to change quickly - it is a tech company, after all. If you are a 'status quo' kind of person, you likely wouldn't enjoy this environment. I see this as a positive - I prefer that no two days are the same!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! The future is looking bright.

2. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Web Designer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Web Designer in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Recruiting.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful office, cool people, benefits, got to work with multiple projects for different clients, and I always felt like my input was being taken seriously.

Cons

Pay wasn't great, it seemed like some people played favorites

"Great place to learn, not to stay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Recruiting.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exposure to national brands, lots of iterative work, agency-esque process.

Cons

Very outdated technology, CEO was not product-oriented, culture was shallow & stuck in the past. Working with HR companies was discouraging. Management seemed okay with status-quo. Great job branding as a "startup" but ran very much like a large corp. High churn. Large gap between executives/seniors & rest of company.

Advice to Management

Improve process & product, not throw more resources at it. Acknowledge tech debt. Acknowledge culture of exclusion. Be more transparent. Empower your managers rather than letting CEO micromanage.

4. "Strategic Partnerships"

I worked at Recruiting.com full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great passionate people to work with

Cons

Need better work life balance

"I wouldn't recommend"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Recruiting.com full-time

Pros

Has a drink fridge with a lot of options

Cons

All of the management there

"Good and bad - but not balanced"

Pros

The brightest and best talent, mostly autonomous work setting, Mac laptop and iPhone, unlimited vacation and sick time, modern office, vehicle wrap program with paid gas, free coffee and beverages, and awesome holiday parties

Cons

Unclear goals and milestones, lack of transparency from management, monotonous work, constant fires to be put out (for technology), constant change for business offering (but lack of reasoning), lackluster products, overworked employees, work/life balance is out of whack, and an unapproachable CEO who micromanages EVERYTHING

Advice to Management

Encourage vulnerability, risk, innovation. These are all values we were supposed to hold but rarely enacted. Leadership that uses fear and intimidation has led to a stagnant, no-risk environment where bright, talented people feel afraid to speak up and share new ideas. Axe the useless company meetings and start sharing valuable company insights without blaming the sales team for lack of growth.

"no communication, no work-life balance"

Pros

Modern office setting, "start up" feel, great location
    Get to use latest technology, access to whatever tools you might need
    Unlimited vacation/sick time
    Free drinks and coffee are a nice touch
    Leadership training
    Ability to (mostly) make your own decisions and use best judgement
    Very little meetings
    Growth opportunities are there if you stick around, if not, it's a fair stepping stone to the next place

Cons

No communication, everything is secretive, no transparency
    Since everyone (mostly) makes their own decisions, there is no general schedule of when things are needed or completed, no official project launches, etc.
    Leadership training is intense and isn't everyone's cup of tea (it's presented as optional), but if you decline you are singled out and treated differently.
    Even though there is unlimited PTO, the expectation is that you never use it. I was literally told to try and never take a vacation on my first day. Basically you are married to this place, and family/personal life comes second.
    CEO is not exactly approachable, have to choose your words very carefully.
    Turnover is very high

Advice to Management

Communicate more, stop treating everything as a need to know.
    Get over the expectation that every employee needs to put the company over their health and family. Actually encourage vacations, family time, and personal health to retain employees.

"Culture of Intimidation and Fear"

I worked at Recruiting.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

$500 Vehicle Wrap program, unlimited PTO, free beverage cooler and coffee.

Cons

Don't allow the Hiring Managers or Recruiters to 'woo' you with tales of a "fast growing, 15-year-old startup". Recruiting.com was launched out of desperation, nothing more than a reincarnation of another failing company, Jobing.com (who cut their dedicated sales team late in 2015 - it is now all ecommerce). The existing sales reps were transitioned to other teams. The company has hovered between 50-60 employees for the last 3 years, unable to gain traction due to the company's resistance to embrace change in response to data and feedback from current or previous employees.

Unfortunately, an organization of such small size is subject to the will of the CEO. He has a stronghold on every minute detail. His impact is pervasive and fosters an environment of intimidation and fear. Aaron gets away with behaving like an insolent child as there is no safe haven or HR team to report to. Additionally, this behavior is allowed due to the failings of middle and upper management, who refuse to stand up for what is right.

For fear of retaliation, I was unable to disclose this information to a trusted source while I was employed. Below I've outlined examples of disturbing behavior I observed/was subjected to:

-Physical Misconduct: At a company dinner, Aaron grabbed an employees arm during a heated discussion.

-Verbal Intimidation: At the same event, Aaron told employees that their salaries were a waste of company money, questioning why he should be paying them.

-Physical Intimidation: On two separate occasions, Aaron punched nearby structures when employees gave notice.

-Discrimination: Aaron has made comments to/about homosexual employees regarding his negative feelings about their sexual orientation & lifestyle.

-Discrimination: Aaron has made comments to myself and other employees about our age & marital status and his negative opinions regarding the two.

-Verbal intimidation: Aaron will use profanity, yelling and derogatory comments when dealing with the termination/resignation of employees.

Hopefully the above information has illustrated my reasons for leaving and I do not stand alone. In my short time, I watched droves of employees (entry to VP-level) walk out the door. Read the reviews and listen to your gut. I chose to believe that the negative reviews were just disgruntled employees - I was wrong. *Note*: Jobing.com, Recruiting.com, Hire Story & Recruiting Ventures are all one company operating out of one office. Read the reviews on them as well.

Advice to Management

Find someone else to run your company.

"Do not work here. Miserable employees, horrendous management"

I worked at Recruiting.com full-time

Pros

A sleek, modern office with a refrigerator full of free caffeinated beverages.

Cons

When you start working at Recruiting.com, it seems very exciting. It has a beautiful and modern office and is sold to be an up-and-coming, startup-esque, genuinely cool place to work with tons of opportunity.

You soon begin to notice how toxic the environment is and how miserable nearly every person who works there is. Here are a few of the reasons:

The turnover rate is through the roof. They boast people who have been there 10+ years, when in reality only two handfuls of employees have worked there that long and the vast majority of the other 40+ members of the staff have worked there 6 months or less. People are fired (at the random discretion of the CEO) or voluntarily leave quite frequently.

There is little option to be social and build relationships with coworkers and peers. The CEO expects you to want to be there 24/7. He sits in his glass office watching the comings-and-goings of employees all day long and has been known to make comments about people not being dedicated enough because they leave when the work day is over at 5pm. Work related and sponsored events to build relationships with coworkers hardly ever happen, and never during a work day because of this mentality.

Autonomy is something they sell heavily and do not follow through on. Every detail of everything is micromanaged. They also claim to be transparent, yet most people who work there have zero idea of the company’s next goals other then very generalized buzzword corporate-speak that doesn’t have anything to do with actual goals or how the company is performing in numbers, everything is a big secret.

Management consists of the people who have worked there for 10+ years and are very close to the CEO. These managers are the writers of nearly every positive review you will read about this company, so read with caution. There is no safe space here to report any discomfort, disagreement or dissent without fear of being fired. It’s an HR company without a safety net, and where the only person you can report things to is the CEO himself.

The CEO is by far the most pressing issue at this company. He micromanages every detail of the company, rules by intimidation and consistently acts like an immature bully. He fires people at will and is verbally abusive and aggressive with employees out of what can best be described as an incessant need to feel important. He finds favorites, usually younger attractive female employees, and gives them preference. The company would be in a much better position to be run by someone who is actually open to new ideas and pushback, rather than new ideas and pushback that align exactly with the way he already thinks. He has an “open door policy” yet hardly ever walks outside of his office to speak with his employees, give them feedback or praise, or say two words to them. Yet employees are blamed for not taking advantage of the open door policy and speaking with him.

I do not recommend working for this company. It could be great if changes were made with management, but they never will be as long as the CEO stays in his position. A great deal of truth stretching takes place during the interview process. I highly recommend looking at Glassdoor reviews for Jobing.com as well, which is the same company in the same office.

At Recruiting.com, employees are always the ones blamed for not “taking advantage of the enormous opportunity” the company offers or not “stepping up to the plate.” But looking at the HUGE turnover rate and how many very smart, very talented people leave this company, it’s clear it’s the management who deserves the blame.

Advice to Management

Stop buying into everything the CEO says. Stand up to him, the employees are miserable and you need to stand up for them. They are talented people, coach them and stop micromanaging them.

"Phenomenal Opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Recruiting.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A startup with a vision and action plan that is taking off at full stride. The recruiting software is top notch and definitely a product I am proud to represent to clients and the community. Culture is key here, and protected from the very beginning of the interview process. If you're a self-motivator and thrive off of challenging yourself to do better every day, this is a great fit. Your efforts and ideas are valued and have an impact on the entire company.

Cons

No complaints here. If you require hand holding or are looking for a punch card job, this is not the opportunity for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the phenomenal clarity of your mission and stellar, positive work environment you've cultivated.