KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Relativity Space Reviews

Updated May 17, 2022

Found 54 of over 60 reviews

4.3
Relativity Space CEO Tim Ellis (no image)
Tim Ellis

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

3D printing

Apr 26, 2022 - Shift Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really cool people to work with

Cons

Almost overboard on inclusion practices

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

3D printing tech

May 17, 2022 - 3D Printing Technician in Long Beach, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fixed hours Great culture Good pay

Cons

Start up growing pains Small facility

3. 5.0

Great

Mar 15, 2022 - Graduate Student In Aeronautics
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very Great place to work

Cons

None nothing bad to say here

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I thought we weren't SpaceX?

Jan 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Genuinely incredible people work here Great Mission Great Benefits Trying to change the industry for the better when it comes to DEI

Cons

Leadership is mainly SpaceX and it shows. Early in this company's inception, it was great, people were very engaged, our voices felt heard and we were able to action and implement key processes that helped us scale. As we hired more people from SX, it became everyone's job to bend over backwards to please these uptight grumpy people. They then hire their friends whom are also grumpy and think the same way they do. They don't care about diversity, consistently undermining our efforts by hiring their friends (that also tend to not be diverse), and their leadership styles are aggressive (fast track to the burn out train.)

16 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Do you wanna build a rockettt

Jan 30, 2022 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The most non ego driven environment I have ever been in. The people are exceptionally talented and full of energy.

Cons

Not all departments are on the same page as far as support. This would be easily fixed with more company transparency and cross training.

6. 5.0

Great Place to work!

Dec 30, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has an awesome vision, they care about their employees, and everyone is very good at their job!!

Cons

Getting to space is hard, but we are working it out.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not good

Jan 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Almost nothing is good here

Cons

Everything is bad here today

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Be careful about the culture you are creating

Nov 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very exciting product and everyone is passionate about seeing the end result. You can tell everyone cares and a lot of thought and hard work is put into what is being created. The PTO and leave policies compared to other start-ups are phenomenal here. The excitement in the Long Beach office can be felt so often, and they celebrate every milestone and win with pride.

Cons

The same people who preach out creating a strong inclusive culture are the first to turn around and gossip about other employees. People seem to be very comfortable gossiping as if it isn't a small company and word doesn't get around. Sometimes managers don't have manager experience, which would be fine if it meant they were excited to be managers and wanted to encourage growth - it appears that this isn't the case for all managers. Some clearly just want to do their job and have no desire to foster a good relationship with their team members, and probably are only managers because of joining the company early on.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0

It's fine

Nov 1, 2021 - Mechanical Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Relativity is working on incredibly technology. It's an exciting place to be. We may very well change the way manufacturing is done and I am not a person who buys into such start up hype. Rockets are cool! My coworkers are smart and capable. We are an extremely effective team and it's something I've never personally experienced until coming here. The office is great! The factory and food and everything is just awesome. Really has that start up feel mixed with futurism and rockets.

Cons

The culture is basically non-existent because the company tripled since covid began. It's just a bunch of people who gossip and drink. The gossip gets pretty malicious to be honest. Be careful. There are a lot of ex-SpaceX people here and there's a very, very weird attitude about SpaceX. We simultaneously want to be like them and not be like them. We like them as friendly competitors but we also harbor grudges. I came from another industry (automotive) so this attitude is very noticeable and very weird to me. Company is so obnoxious and arrogant about dei. The dei is fine, it's good, it's nice to see progress of course. But the company acts like they are the best, most progressive company every and really they're just alright at it. It's very odd to see and I roll my eyes at what I consider to be empty platitudes. The company is only focused on DEI when it comes to race. For example: transphobic memes get shared on the general chat and no one seems to care... It's just another way they are not really doing as well as they could on dei but they still act like they're literally industry leaders... lol... Company sets milestones that require teams to do insane hours but those milestones are completely arbitrary. Like, they just get made up by execs who don't really get what's happening on the ground so the goals are just kind of weird. We finish the milestones but for what? Scheduling is bad and intentionally set up to crunch. My boss and boss's boss both think it's stupid but don't care to fight it. I can't elaborate further.

11 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0

Nov 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great CEO Tons of exciting work to go around

Cons

Not a ton of cons just that they really need to focus on mission and not steer away from it

Viewing 1 - 10 of 54 Reviews

Relativity Space Reviews FAQs

Relativity Space has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 60 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Relativity Space to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Relativity Space employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Relativity Space. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

82% of Relativity Space employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Relativity Space 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Relativity Space to be career development, benefits, senior leadership and the cons to be workplace, diversity and inclusion, management.

Popular Careers with Relativity Space Job Seekers