Resourcing Life Science Reviews | Glassdoor

Resourcing Life Science Managing Director Nathan Dawes
Nathan Dawes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Direct Care Worker"

Pros

It was an awesome job good people and pay

Cons

Management is the worse, pay isnt to good starting off

Advice to Management

They suck

2. "Great place & support"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Resourcing Life Science full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

New office in a central part of London, air con and brand new kitchen.

I make enough commision and can buy my own milk and water and fruit as I prefer organic milk and special water from Fiji, as the company provides Evian water and I dont like the taste.

Training has allowed me to have a lot of forwards and in a very short term provide the right people for the clients. The people who underperform naturally move out as they cant keep up with the demanding requirements.

Cons

They dont have offices in USA or abroad yet as I would like to relocate. Home based isnt an option to work here.

Advice to Management

Hire people who want to succeed and continue to do what you are doing.

"where the hell starts... I would have given 0 stars but unfortunately I can't."

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Resourcing Life Science full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing lasts forever, even hell.

Cons

The business is shady in general. They have a few other companies registered in order to poach candidates from their own clients. Tell me, who does that?

They force employees, or should I say 'suggest'?, to use different names and fake LinkedIn profiles.

There is only cold calling involved, to the point that people get really upset at you for contacting them day in and day out for months sometimes.

The commission structure is unclear and it's like chasing a unicorn. You know it probably doesn't exist but you try your best anyway to catch it.

You are being controlled every step of the way. Every click, every word, every conversation is monitored closely.

You never get to eat lunch with your colleagues. There is an unspoken rule which says that talking to each other is forbidden and interacting with your peers is a crime of some sort.

And on top of it all you are expected to come in earlier than your starting time to prepare for the meeting which starts every day bang on 8:30am. If you don't, the owner will look at you like you killed someone on your way in.

The office is in the basement so it's usually pretty cold there and there is no staff kitchen. No milk, coffee or tea are provided, not even water. Not that it matters as making a cuppa outside of your assigned break is not well seen.

No team outings, no last Fridays, no company parties. Nothing. Sometimes they propose a beer or glass of wine to you. That's pretty much it.

To sum up, it's a glorified prison. Only the strongest will survive but why would you even try if there are so many great companies out there you could be working for instead?

Advice to Management

Get a grip. Revise the structure. Start trusting people.
    Not everyone out there is to rob you or to lie to you.
    Get benefits in. Understand that people are a core of your business. Value them.
    Don't you see that employees start and leave soon after? Sometimes it takes a few weeks and sometimes a day but in the end they always leave.
    You hurt people emotionally. You don't let them develop naturally. You put your own templates on human personalities. It's all wrong.
    Money can't be the only driving force. Your company is truly an example of hell.

"Do not accept any proposal from them"

Pros

NO ONE!!! There is any pros to get a job from them.

Cons

Stressfull place. No any relation with your colleague. No any sprint for work better. Is not allowed to have a chat with your colleague. The new staff is not presented to the team. It's orrible!!!!

Advice to Management

Do not illude the people

"No humanity found here"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Resourcing Life Science full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just used this place to build up my experience in recruitment, they are so desperate that they will hire anyone, after they let their best consultants go.

Location is central.

Cons

After all I've seen in this place, I don't even know from where to start. I did see racism, discrimination with minorities, previous employees harassment, registering companies (where actually no one works, and everything is controlled by the managers at the Resourcing life-science's office) just to be able to use them with candidates as they have special clauses in their contract with the clients that don't allow them to headhunt people from the mentioned clients, and last but not least creating fakes candidates e-mail accounts to send them to the clients to keep in touch on their behalf (none of them suspect a thing).

When you enter this place, everything looks fine, but give yourselves a month and everything will come up. You will see how they will change their behavior and start treating you like a machine.
    I saw people being called "money makers" and people falling a sick, with depression. Forget a nice lunch with your colleagues, you will all have different lunchtimes just because they are afraid that you will talk about them.

My advice is: WALK OUT FROM THERE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

P.S.: THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS COMMISSION IS THE CURRENT ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR (BESIDES THE OTHER 2 MANAGERS)

Advice to Management

Stop working in recruitment, shut down your business and dedicate yourselves to something else (like cycling, etc).

"Think twice.. this is the entrance of hell!"

I worked at Resourcing Life Science full-time

Pros

Location, people that i worked with (if there is anyone still there).

Cons

The worst company ever. I dont advise to accept any offer from them as they just care about the money and placements. They make you feel less than a human. They are very manipulative and they do not allow you to speak to any of your collegues. You are not even allow to have lunch with your collegues if they can see you have a good relationship with them.
    They effect your personality negatively and they do not provide any training that would be useful.

Advice to Management

Be human! This environment is the most disgusting place i have ever experienced. Talk to people like they are human and create a friendly, positive atmosphere. Let them to have lunch together and speak with each other. Nothing good comes from fear and its very easy to tell you are scared and you are not good enough. Dont give up on people...improve them!!! Make them feel special and believe in them as they are the most valuable part of the company and not just "money makers".

7. "Great place to start again."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Resourcing Life Science full-time

Pros

Industry leading training
    Support from Staff
    Great chance to make money from your first day.
    Really nice team of people.
    Very Honest work place.
    Weekly Staff Reviews

Cons

Have to be very motivated to make the Big money.
    Extra language is very helpful but not vital.

Advice to Management

Keep Training and supporting the team.

8. "Excellent team environment"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

There is an excellent team environment and all members including the senior team and helpful and approachable. All the team make a massive effort to accommodate new people.
    There is a very strong focus on customer delivery which leaves a good feeling that things are being done right and for the right reasons. (This is contrary to my previous recruitment experiences).
    Hot desks and a very good market to recruit into
    Very strong commission

Cons

Extra hours necessary at times
    Office is quite a commute
    It‘s a very busy environment

Advice to Management

Resist the desire to hire too quickly

9. "Excellent training"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Resourcing Life Science full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good training, one of the best out there. Most of the team members are strong.

Cons

Far from my house
    People with weak English struggle to understand training guide and take longer to succeed

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"The worst working experience ever"

Former Employee - Intern in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Intern in London, England (UK)

I worked at Resourcing Life Science (Less than a year)

Pros

Location
    Relationship with other interns

Cons

Manager's behaviour makes people feel very unconfortable, a lot of humiliations.
    No room for creativity, every step you make is checked by the company. If they are in the bad mood, better shut up, do your job and run home without a word.
    No permission for eating and having luch break with colleaugues, no room for talking NEVER.
    A lot of humiliations I would like to underline, slaves treatment...they don't evaluate people at all.
    They shout on you even for small mistakes, in front of all the colleagues instead of letting you understand what you've done wrong.

Advice to Management

You'd better treat people as human being. If you hire interns (not payed) to teach them a job, you are supposed to TEACH! and interns are not supposed to know everything from the very first day!