Ring Power Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 13, 2017

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Randal Ringhaver

1. "Heavy equipment technician 3"

Former Employee - Recreation Leader in Port Hueneme, CA
    Former Employee - Recreation Leader in Port Hueneme, CA

I worked at Ring Power full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers and environment to work in. Met and made a lot of good friends while working for this company.

Cons

Management is lacking, at least in my department in undercarriage. When you have a problem lead man and he or she makes the work environment hostile because he/she is unhappy with his/her life and takes that out on their employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, when you have one than more people complain about a lead man then you need to step up and make a change quick because it hurts the morale when we feel like we are not heard or we feel ignored.

2. "Very unprofessional, no training for employees and the management is a joke!"

Former Employee - Welder in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Welder in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Ring Power full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

lots of mechanical work and welding.

Cons

dealing with the heat and the project managers. Will not train employees. The employees will have to train you for your job title.

Advice to Management

The management needs a safety and training program for employees. This company will not train you about your work whatsoever.

3. "Sales"

I have been working at Ring Power full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Company.. family atmosphere, potential to advance with hard work!!

Cons

Sometimes it may be more "who" you know and not "what" you know..

5. "Do Not Recommend the Lift Truck Division"

I worked at Ring Power full-time

Pros

Salary was good and most of the technicians were great to work with. The facility in Riverview is impressive and they did have a few BBQs in the 7 months I worked there.

Cons

My manager was out of work constantly. At about 3 months on the job, he left me in the office by myself for multiple days without fully training me on how to do my job. And speaking of training, there was barely anything that resembled this. In fact, at one point I sat down with my manager and asked him "I don't feel like I know what I am doing. Is there any training you can give me?" His response to this was "I've given you all the training, there is no more." My training consisted of an 8 page print out of screen shots from the system they use with some spots highlighted...that was about it. I was there for seven months before I was told that we were supposed to have a four-hour response time or the first hour is free. This was just about impossible to achieve because there were not enough technicians to cover all the calls. During my time at Ring Power, we had three technicians leave. When the replacements were hired, I asked my manager if there was an onboarding schedule for new hires. Apparently not, because he told me that was something we could work on developing in the new year. We had two new guys starting and no plan as to how they were to be trained!! There was little teamwork between the sales side and the service side. Salesmen were constantly dispatching technicians to calls and taking them away from jobs that were already scheduled. Growth was also an issue. The sales staff was seeking and signing up new clients, but no new technicians to cover these clients were being hired. This created an even bigger gap in the time that we received a call and the time a call was covered. Again, going back to the four-hour response that was impossible to achieve. The technicians did not have all the tools that were needed to cover all the calls. It was a common thing for a tech to be dispatched to a call, arrive at a customer's location, look at the lift truck and say "I don't have the software (or cable) for this kind of truck," and leave. The lift truck division at my location was with a few other divisions (Heavy Equipment, Marine, Power Systems etc…), this made lift truck like the “redheaded stepchild” of the facility. Every division should be treated equally as this can affect performance and quality of work. My position was a revolving door, I was the 7th or 8th person in my spot in about 5 years. Overall my experience at Ring Power was horrible and my take away was I now know what I do not want from a company.

Advice to Management

Training, training, training...it is provided to the technicians but not to management. Look into managerial training and provide it!

6. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

Pros

Excellent culture with good quality people working their. The pay was fair for having low experience and my manager was very professional. It was a great experience all around. If circumstances would have been different I would have stayed, but had to leave for other than work reasons.

Cons

There were no real cons. It was a authentically a good company.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and keep diversifying from core strengths.

7. "Good company to work for"

I have been working at Ring Power full-time

Pros

They promote from within and generally take care of their employees. Salary and benefits package is competitive with other like businesses in the area.

Cons

While they are very loyal to employees, sometimes they are too loyal and keep dead wood around because the employees have been there for a long time.

Advice to Management

You need to look at your current employees performance and where you see them not producing, you need to do something about it and not just turn a blind eye because they are in the "in crowd".

"Good Ol Boys, Inc."

I worked at Ring Power full-time

Pros

None if you are not a white male good ol boy.

Cons

Discriminates against women, and there are different rules for hourly workers. Salaried workers (mainly white males) have different rules applied to them. i.e., hourly workers can be fired if more than one minute late more than 3x in a month. Managers rarely came in on time. Career opportunities for women in the HQ are non-existent. They operate like they are still in the 50's: Women are secretaries, men are the bosses. Worst company I have ever worked for. Was lied to regarding my career path, was blatantly denied opportunities to apply for jobs that I was qualified for, was treated like a secretary and was verbally abused by my male coworkers.

Advice to Management

Stop breaking the law and fix the systemic sexual discrimination that runs rampant through your corporate culture. Stop rewarding your good ol boy cohorts with perks and promotions while you deny the same opportunities for everyone else. Get into the 21st century and lose the oppressive corporate policies that treat hourly employees like parolees.

9. "VP & GM"

Pros

good people, solid financially, plenty of teamwork

Cons

limited upward mobility for some employees

10. "great people oriented, customer driven company. very professional top notch company."

Pros

Ring promotes career development and has great benefits and a decent retirement plan. Management truly is concerned about the customer's welfare and success. Their motto "under promise and over deliver"

Cons

I can't see any cons about this company

11. "Pros outweight the cons, would recommend as a top Florida employer"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator

I worked at Ring Power full-time

Pros

Local office in Riverview is in a great location.
    Great benefits, training opportunities, and pay is decent.
    Plenty of support and mentoring offered.
    Corporate offers opportunties for charitable contributions.
    Provides large non-work functions for departments to intermingle.

Cons

Employees consist of a lot of non-team players.
    Company policy was only enforced on a select few.
    Difficult to obtain raise.
    Work/ Life balence is not fully implemented.

Advice to Management

None, recent inquires have me believing that the companyt has weeded out many of its previous issues.