Ring Power Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Randal Ringhaver

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Company to work for!"

Pros

Great benifits, challenging, friendly, carring, will work with you in a time of need.

Cons

There is really no cons to working at RingPower

Advice to Management

It depends what position you hold at first and how much you are needed at your current position. But also could be the good old boys club and who you know.

"Field service."

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Ring Power full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. Depends on how strong your knee pads are.

Cons

There are to many managers and people involved in trying to do damage control for company image. It looks good on the outside like a stale donut but inside if you to a bite you would spit it out. I moved from a very good CAT company here and found out how dysfunctional this company truly is. If you decide to work for a low paying stab in your back company, this is the one. If you like being overworked and beyond underpaid, this is the one. Low tool management and training. If you have little education and willing to work for scraps this is the company for you.

Advice to Management

Change your program. One day it will cone back to bite you. The men or women that fix your machines are what your company truly runs on. The good ol'boy system is truly outdated. So, wake up.

"Great Company"

I have been working at Ring Power full-time

Pros

Wonderful company to work for. Great team environment.

Cons

No cons to mention at this time.

4. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Ring Power full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome company to work for

Cons

I have no complaints about this company

5. "Sales"

I have been working at Ring Power full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Company.. family atmosphere, potential to advance with hard work!!

Cons

Sometimes it may be more "who" you know and not "what" you know..

"Hostile work environment"

Former Employee - Cat Rental Store Technician in Palm Bay, FL
    Former Employee - Cat Rental Store Technician in Palm Bay, FL

I worked at Ring Power full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company sponsored semi annual and annual cook outs, great training opportunities if chosen to attend. Uniforms provided, steel toe boots cost offset, although low. Safety glasses paid for. $500 tool allowance reimbursement after spending $750

Cons

Teamwork is apparently a core value, but actually working in a team environment is discouraged and frowned upon and looked at negatively.
    Pay is low and not commensurate with work rendered. Annual pay increases are minimal and rarely keep pace with inflation.
    Shop is very hot (120F), very little is done to help keep employees cool. Had to purchase my own equipment to keep cool after existing equipment broke/was not replaced in a timely fashion.
    Difficult to go to medical appointments due to work hour scheduled during premium working week hours. use of sick time frowned upon. Vacation is usual option for doctors appointments.
    Specialized tools are not readily available, or if they are, are worn out/broken. Takes lots of persuading to get new needed items.
    technicians who should have been disciplined for hostile behavior towards others have been allowed to continue negative behavior, sometimes creating a dangerous working environment by throwing tools, threatening violence and being highly unpredictable.
    lead technician assume employees are mind readers and becomes unhappy when "telepathy" fails.
    Continually looking over shoulders and criticism of work done by others.
    Shop is cluttered, dirty, disorganized
    Lots of unhealthy pairing and bonding in way of clichés, leading to an "us vs them" workplace hostile environment.
    Had to use a lot of personal hardware to meet deadlines due to hardware not readily available. Each nut, bolt, washer must be ordered and not kept on a working stock basis for company owned rental equipment.
    Lots of egos to deal with, warehouse workers hate their jobs so much they take it out on technicians by being argumentative, sarcastic, condescending and deceitful.
    Too many unhealthy behavior to be an effective workplace for sane people.
    Do not work for this dysfunctional company.

Advice to Management

Create an effective team orientated work environment, break up unhealthy pairing and bonding, fight for better annual wage increases.

"Do Not Recommend the Lift Truck Division"

I worked at Ring Power full-time

Pros

Salary was good and most of the technicians were great to work with. The facility in Riverview is impressive and they did have a few BBQs in the 7 months I worked there.

Cons

My manager was out of work constantly. At about 3 months on the job, he left me in the office by myself for multiple days without fully training me on how to do my job. And speaking of training, there was barely anything that resembled this. In fact, at one point I sat down with my manager and asked him "I don't feel like I know what I am doing. Is there any training you can give me?" His response to this was "I've given you all the training, there is no more." My training consisted of an 8 page print out of screen shots from the system they use with some spots highlighted...that was about it. I was there for seven months before I was told that we were supposed to have a four-hour response time or the first hour is free. This was just about impossible to achieve because there were not enough technicians to cover all the calls. During my time at Ring Power, we had three technicians leave. When the replacements were hired, I asked my manager if there was an onboarding schedule for new hires. Apparently not, because he told me that was something we could work on developing in the new year. We had two new guys starting and no plan as to how they were to be trained!! There was little teamwork between the sales side and the service side. Salesmen were constantly dispatching technicians to calls and taking them away from jobs that were already scheduled. Growth was also an issue. The sales staff was seeking and signing up new clients, but no new technicians to cover these clients were being hired. This created an even bigger gap in the time that we received a call and the time a call was covered. Again, going back to the four-hour response that was impossible to achieve. The technicians did not have all the tools that were needed to cover all the calls. It was a common thing for a tech to be dispatched to a call, arrive at a customer's location, look at the lift truck and say "I don't have the software (or cable) for this kind of truck," and leave. The lift truck division at my location was with a few other divisions (Heavy Equipment, Marine, Power Systems etc…), this made lift truck like the “redheaded stepchild” of the facility. Every division should be treated equally as this can affect performance and quality of work. My position was a revolving door, I was the 7th or 8th person in my spot in about 5 years. Overall my experience at Ring Power was horrible and my take away was I now know what I do not want from a company.

Advice to Management

Training, training, training...it is provided to the technicians but not to management. Look into managerial training and provide it!

8. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

Pros

Excellent culture with good quality people working their. The pay was fair for having low experience and my manager was very professional. It was a great experience all around. If circumstances would have been different I would have stayed, but had to leave for other than work reasons.

Cons

There were no real cons. It was a authentically a good company.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and keep diversifying from core strengths.

"Good company to work for"

I have been working at Ring Power full-time

Pros

They promote from within and generally take care of their employees. Salary and benefits package is competitive with other like businesses in the area.

Cons

While they are very loyal to employees, sometimes they are too loyal and keep dead wood around because the employees have been there for a long time.

Advice to Management

You need to look at your current employees performance and where you see them not producing, you need to do something about it and not just turn a blind eye because they are in the "in crowd".

"Good Ol Boys, Inc."

I worked at Ring Power full-time

Pros

None if you are not a white male good ol boy.

Cons

Discriminates against women, and there are different rules for hourly workers. Salaried workers (mainly white males) have different rules applied to them. i.e., hourly workers can be fired if more than one minute late more than 3x in a month. Managers rarely came in on time. Career opportunities for women in the HQ are non-existent. They operate like they are still in the 50's: Women are secretaries, men are the bosses. Worst company I have ever worked for. Was lied to regarding my career path, was blatantly denied opportunities to apply for jobs that I was qualified for, was treated like a secretary and was verbally abused by my male coworkers.

Advice to Management

Stop breaking the law and fix the systemic sexual discrimination that runs rampant through your corporate culture. Stop rewarding your good ol boy cohorts with perks and promotions while you deny the same opportunities for everyone else. Get into the 21st century and lose the oppressive corporate policies that treat hourly employees like parolees.