Rokt Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 60 reviews

4.4
Rokt CEO Bruce Buchanan
Bruce Buchanan
Pros
  • "One of the highlights, the Global End of Quarter, which provides a great opportunity to connect with employees from the other offices(in 6 reviews)

• "Super smart group of people who work hard and play hard(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Maintaining a healthy work-life balance can be tricky(in 5 reviews)

• "Growing so fast, across so many markets has created growing pains(in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Working for Rokt is like winning the Jackpot!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Rokt full-time for less than a year

Pros

Who wouldn't like to get up in the morning and be excited to go to work? This is how I and many of my co-workers feel at Rokt. The work is challenging (it can even be overwhelming at first) and requires you step out of your comfort zone, but you see an immediate impact of your work in the company, which is very rewarding. The culture is amazing. The people are really fun to work with and help each-other out to... solve the challenges together. There are no egos. The whole company feels like a big supportive family. The management invests a lot in its Rokt'stars. The company is moving fast and decisions are made quickly. Financial results and the high growth show that Rokt is on a very positive and promising path. One of the highlights, the Global End of Quarter, which provides a great opportunity to connect with employees from the other offices. Which company sends all of their 170 employees for almost a week to Thailand? As one of our values states, you gotta enjoy the ride!

Cons

Maintaining a healthy work-life balance can be tricky. But Rokt is very flexible and even allows employees to take longer time off (e.g. for traveling).

Rokt2019-02-09

February 12, 2019People Operations Manager

Thanks for your review! We’re thrilled to hear you are enjoying the culture and work environment at Rokt. We work hard to create a collaborative team environment with no egos and invest in our biggest asset: our people. We’re also glad you enjoy our yearly global gatherings in exciting destinations across the world. This is also something we heavily invest in to ensure our Rokt’stars are able to spend time together under one roof and learn from each other. Last but not least, we recognize that a healthy work-life balance is vital to keeping our teams fueled and strong, so we do offer flexibility to take time off whenever it’s needed. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you grow with us!

2. "Amazing company with fantastic benefits"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Rokt full-time for less than a year

Pros

The whole team is incredible to work with. Everyone is super welcoming and very smart. The product suite is strong as well, which is a huge plus for anyone who is product driven. There is a good work/life balance, hours aren't too long even with occasional meetings later in the day with the Australian team. At Rokt you'll get great opportunities to push yourself, pick up new skills, access to senior... leadership, and lots of travel! Couldn't recommend it enough!

Cons

Nothing I can think of right now.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Love the increased focus on benefits, little things like lunches go a long way!

Rokt2019-01-21

January 22, 2019People Operations Manager

Thanks for your review! We’re happy to hear you’re enjoying the benefits and work environment at Rokt, and find the team welcoming and smart. We pride ourselves on having a very strong and collaborative environment. We’re also pleased to hear your comments with regard to our product, as our commitment to our customers is one of our core business values; we see our continuing development of our product offering as critical to this. We’re glad to have you on board and look forward to seeing you grow with us!

3. "Incredible opportunity as a recent graduate"

Current Employee - Operations Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Rokt full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Incredible growth opportunity; Rokt has no direct competition and is solving a problem with massive potential. If you're interested in staying outside of your comfort zone and being challenged constantly, this is the place to be. - Fun and engaging work environment. I genuinely enjoy coming into work each and every day and being surrounded by such an intelligent group of people. - While everyone takes their work... seriously, the company truly lives its values, one of which is to 'enjoy the ride.' Spending a week together at EOQ in Australia is just one example of how much the company values its people and its culture.

Cons

- Work/life balance can be tricky to manage. There will always be more to do, so making sure to take time for yourself is crucial

Rokt2018-12-11

December 11, 2018People Operations Manager

Thanks for your review! We’re happy to hear you enjoy the engaging work environment at Rokt, and find your work here challenging and interesting. This is important to us and something we work very hard to create, as we truly believe our people are our greatest asset. We’re also pleased to hear your comments with regard to our product, as our commitment to our customers is one of our core business values; we see our continuing development of our product offering as critical to this. We hope you enjoy the end of year event in Australia, and we look forward to seeing you grow with us!

"Don't be fooled...you won't be rokin for long.."

I have been working at Rokt full-time for more than a year

Pros

They send you on a free trip to Australia. That is the extent of positive attributes for Rokt. The glam & glitz of Rokt is a complete facade. A complete dog and pony show.

Cons

The product makes people's online shopping experience worse. The entire concept is exactly what brands are trying to steer away from, as it annoys customers by slowing their checkout process. This company is very reliant on two clients. Without them, the company would not function. Zero room for upward mobility Incompetent Management. Let me repeat this. Incompetent management. Poor Salary Constant firings... without warning. Revolving door. Office politics are at an all-time high Very immature & young co-workers who are living paycheck to paycheck, This is a disingenuous group of people from Management all the way to the top. As someone in sales, you are merely a number with a very small window of time to sell in the product. Be very careful when choosing to take a job offer at Rokt.

Advice to Management

Too far gone at this point. They should be working at Jiffy Lube in Idaho.

Rokt2018-12-26

January 7, 2019People Operations Manager

Thank you for your candid feedback – we’re really sorry to hear that you’ve had a less than amazing experience at Rokt, and to be quite frank were shocked to see that it was written by a current employee as your experience is so counter what we hear day-to-day at Rokt. As with any business, we know we have improvements to make - to ensure we’re keeping on top of these, we carry out engagement and people manager surveys regularly and so we were surprised to see that many of the concerns you detailed are new to us while many of the facts included are mostly inaccurate. Our engagement scores are at a record high and have shown steady increase over the past 6 years which has happened because we actively respond to, and action all feedback (even the negative ones on here!). All of us at Rokt want this to continue to be a great place to work. Without going through every point (as our other reviews and success speaks for itself) - we have over 2000 clients, our salary compensation is in the top quartile for all start-ups, turnover is below industry average and as a company growing at more than 70% YOY our management and board are made up of some of the most successful and competent business people from around the globe. Yes our employees enjoy free trips overseas (not just to Australia!) but that's only one of the many benefits we offer our teams - we spend a lot of time and money investing in our people through training, share schemes, social allowances, office lunches, healthcare etc to ensure we're creating the best possible workplace and culture. Aside from being very proud of our people and the culture we’ve created, we’re incredibly proud of the Rokt product and the extensive improvements it is making to transactions across the board. The whole concept behind Rokt is to ensure that brands give consumers a more relevant transaction experience. On average we remove 50% of the steps, ads and messages you would otherwise see during a transaction. For brands this means higher conversion rate, more value in each transaction and a personalized 1:1 shopping experience. Don’t just take it from us though - there’s plenty of great case studies and references on our website that detail just how much technical expertise and value we bring to our clients! Regardless, your feedback is incredibly important to us and we ask you please to give us the opportunity to have this conversation face to face and work through your concerns together. Anyone in the leadership or people team would be more than happy to have a direct and confidential discussion at any time. It is our priority to ensure our whole team, including you, feels valued in the organization, and enjoys coming to work every day.

5. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Rokt full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great culture - Work hard and Play hard - Smart people that care - A lot of room to grow - Global company with a lot of interactions with different markets - Product market fit - Technology is always getting updated with valuable features - Senior management is very transparent - Great snacks and beer fridge is always full - Huge investment in culture - entire company goes to Sydney - Great office... space with amazing roof - Business Analytics team that helps sales look a lot smarter! - We celebrate wins and highlight everyone's contributions - Diversity is important throughout the company - In terms of sales, a ton of potential to make $$$

Cons

- It's a sink or swim sales culture. If you're not prepared to roll your sleeves up and hustle you're likely not going to last long.

Advice to Management

As we continue to scale, keep investing and improving the onboarding process.

Rokt2018-08-29

August 31, 2018SVP Finance & People

Thanks for your review! We’re happy to hear you enjoy our culture and the benefits package we offer. We’re also pleased to hear your comments with regard to product fit, as our commitment to our customers is one of our core business values; we see our continuing development of our product offering as critical to this. As a business, Rokt is rewarded for performance outcomes, and as such, we also target our sales staff on clear performance outcomes for our clients, which ensure fair compensation for results achieved. At Rokt, we aim to balance the creation of a performance culture, that is lead by always doing the right thing by our customers and making fair, data lead decisions. We thank you again for your comments and wish you all the best on your continuing Rokt ride!

"Abysmal work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Rokt full-time for more than a year

Pros

Never have I ever in all my working career witnessed such a bunch of cowboys operate in the business world. Wyatt Earp would be turning in his grave now if he saw these Rokt renegades chasing revenue the way they do. Once you scratch beneath the veneer of "coolness" that Rokt try valiantly to exude (que TV screens in the office with slides of Beyonce which read "So Sassy") you'll soon discover an operational... circus. It's every person for themselves here with the CEO driving employees to work long, hard hours with little upside. Favoritism is rife. There is little cohesion in the sales team, and team members are often thrown under the proverbial bus by their superiors including the CRO who is sadly inept when it comes to the sales function. His predecessor was much better and a far more amiable person. He got canned because he wasn't machiaviallian enough. Like a previous employee said, there is no evidence of there being an HR department. The basic value proposition of the Rokt product is solid, but to date the company has invested dimes and nickles in augmenting it's frontend making it a struggle to use for both account managers and the burgeoning group of self serve clients. A campaign function should take 10 minutes to complete on a normal ad platform can take more than hour on Rokt's platforms. It's no wonder the account managers always looked so stressed and never had any time to attend to my requests. The company's vision to expand and grow cross a multitude of sectors is utopian. The reality is that Rokt provides the enabling technology for ticketing websites to make money from travel companies, and for travel companies to get leads from ticketing sites.

Cons

The Rokt clique. Make sure you get in with the cool kids early on, otherwise you're doomed regardless of how good you at your job

Advice to Management

Stop trying to cover up poor management, low employee morale, and blatant favoritism. Address these issues head on and purge the company of the backbiting, lies, blame-gaming, and deviousness that are so prevalent at Rokt. Focus on creating and ACTUALLY instilling a set of values that all employees can benefit from.

Rokt2018-08-24

August 28, 2018People Operations Manager

Thanks for your honest feedback. It’s difficult to have an effective discussion on some of the issues you bring up when we are not able to talk to you in person, but we will do our best to address the points you have raised. We take our company culture and management very seriously, and believe it sets us apart from other companies. In fact, hiring for cultural fit and ‘no ego’ is a key part of the hiring process for every new role. We also carry out quarterly pulse surveys to ensure teams have a chance to voice their ideas and concerns anonymously, and results (which do not mirror your commentary) are directly incorporated into our project planning for the next period. The results of all surveys to date have been constructive and on the whole very positive - and most importantly has continued to show improvement over time We are a data led organization. This not only ties into our core belief around best practices in marketing and e-commerce, but also into how we conduct ourselves internally. All our rewards and incentives are based on actual measurable outcomes. It is disappointing to hear you experienced something other than this at Rokt. We’ve established processes to protect against favoritism, to name one: our performance reviews happen twice a year and involve an evaluation of your achievement against numeric KPIs as well as input from the whole leadership team on your broader potential and contribution. This is intended to ensure that development and performance appraisals involve a wide range of input rather than a single manager’s perspective. We recognize that we have had some failures in our recruiting in for the NY business development team. Over the last 12 months we have invested a lot of time into getting this right - including a significant increase in the level of the team. This is not a simple product and we are often dealing with a range of senior executives in our clients - this can be challenging task! This has meant higher turnover with a few members of our NY BD teams and we take responsibility for getting this wrong! At Rokt we are growing fast, which means we are also hiring fast. Like any company bringing on so many new people, we don't always get it right. When this happens we always have honest, adult conversations and plan together on the best exit plan. There will always be conversations prior to making a decision of this nature, with no exception, and we always give our employees a genuine chance to improve performance and support them to succeed. Re your comments about product and clients: yes we have a very ambitious product vision and we are not apologetic about it. We believe every ecommerce can achieve better outcomes on customer experience, value and conversion rate - taking away the 25 things in a checkout experience that are not relevant to you and improving profitability by 100%. When we talk to our customers this is something they are very interested in. Our track record of growth speaks for itself - with compound growth rates of 80% year-on-year for the past 3 years. As to industry sectors - yes we are very strong in travel and ticketing, but our biggest transaction volume category is retail. You will be happy to know that we agree that our campaign setup tools can be better. Over the last 12 months we have invested around $10M in a complete overhaul of our campaign, user and ecommerce checkout management tools. This is expected to launch next month and we are targeting a setup time of less than 10 mins for a new campaign. However we also recognize that achieving performance and insight is also important and so speed/simplicity needs to be balanced with the functionality - new bidding tools, incrementality and audience insights - are all examples of product enhancements over the last 12 months. At Rokt, we are deliberate about making great investments in time, energy and resources to foster an outstanding work environment. This is important to us, as we truly believe our people are our greatest asset. For this reason, we are disappointed to hear your opinions of our culture. We will take your feedback as a trigger to continue improving our internal processes for all Rokt team members to feel valued and enjoy coming to work every day.

7. "Account Manager"

I have been working at Rokt full-time

Pros

Great culture, awesome product and managers that are not overbearing. If you are consciousness, curious and willing to work hard you will get ahead. Great benefits including global EOQ in Australia, medical and dental, open plan fun office and interesting and challenging work.

Cons

Provide weekly meals and uber home if you work late. Need to be able to QA products before they go live.

Rokt2018-07-16

July 18, 2018People Operations Manager

Thanks for your review! We’re happy to hear you enjoy our culture and the benefits package we offer. We also like to hear that you find your work here challenging and interesting - this is important to us! We also thank you for your feedback regarding additional benefits for consideration, and internal procedures that can be optimized. We take note of all suggestions and discuss them regularly with the senior leadership team. Thank you again for your valuable input, and for being a part of Rokt!

"Rokt is the Cat's Pajama's. The Holy Grail. The Real Deal."

Current Employee - New Business Manager - Finance/Retail in New York, NY

I have been working at Rokt full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at ROKT is the best professional work experience I have had in my 10 years out of school. I had no idea what I was getting into, but looking back, I am surely thankful I made the decision to join this company. I have never worked for a company that puts such a genuine value on it's employees happiness and professional growth. Rokt naturally builds an international family of fiercely loyal, truly... innovative, relentlessly funny and tremendously hardworking Roktstar's from all around the globe. It elicits a safe, fun, positive and rewarding place to spend your time, making Rokt feel like more of a passionate hobby, than a job. This company is buttoned up, with a unified and clear vision on it's go to market strategy. Everyone from NYC to London to Tokyo is fully aligned on the companies priorities and objectives. On an international level, Rokt continues to rapidly innovate and drive success for it's clients due to it's high level of training, commitment to it's clients, efficient communication and transparency. Our CEO, Bruce, is sincere, generous, humble, down-to-earth, completely ego-less and brilliant. He is like hanging out with the Dalai Lama on the reg. which is the best perk of all. At Rokt, you feel comfortable and you can be yourself. There is no petty politics or small talk. The Leadership (Exec) Team opens themselves up to you right away without any barriers to entry. You feel genuinely valued and you will play an equally impactful role in Rokt's successful journey to bettering the e-commerce space.

Cons

Seriously, none. I sat here for 5 minutes trying to think of one.

Advice to Management

Leadership is on point. Keep doing your thing. Keep your focus where it always has been - on the people and the product. Management at Rokt has their heads and hearts in the right place. This company has a very bright future due to it's Management Team.

Rokt2017-12-17

January 8, 2018People and Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for your kind words! We are glad you are happy here and finding joy in what we do. Bruce, our CEO, particularly loved/giggled at your Dalai Lama comment, so thank you for this huge compliment to him also! We hope you continue to enjoy your Rokt journey.

9. "I was sold on day one and don't regret it"

Current Employee - SDR in New York, NY

I have been working at Rokt full-time for less than a year

Pros

You pave your own paths. Everyone is there to support you in achieving your goals. Vibrant culture, close/diverse workforce (internationally) and skilled management. Rokt is pioneering in the space, so you have the chance to develop new markets. Rokt invests in you as an employee and everyone is there to improve you as a person and cares about you. Time is dedicated into planning office parties and EOQ in a foreign... country...can't complain.

Cons

The rooftop (which is amazing(!) btw) now requires access cards. Hopefully that will change by Spring.

Advice to Management

EOQ in Australia is going to be awesome. Don't stop innovating!! :)

Rokt2017-11-19

November 27, 2017People and Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We are glad you appreciate the culture here at Rokt and how much we value our staff. We enjoy planning these global events and getting everyone together to celebrate the year but also align as we head into another big year. See you at the event in December and thank you for taking the time to add your review!

"Collaborative, Meaningful, Hard-Working, and Fun place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Rokt full-time for less than a year

Pros

Aside from the amazing product, the culture that this company embodies is like no other I have been a part of, it is truly amazing. The interview process in itself was the most genuine and comfortable interview process I have been through in my career. It shows the emphasis they put on the people. From a sales perspective, there is so much opportunity for growth within the organization. And they actually WANT... you to grow and WANT you to make more money. I've been apart of some of the top-rated startups in NYC, and ROKT 100% takes the cake. I am genuinely happy here and am passionate about what I'm doing and the impact I want to have on the business. Can one ask for more than that? Beautiful office, great perks, amazing rooftop, and even better people.

Cons

Need more dogs in the office!!!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and growing this culture, this company has an amazing future ahead of them.

Rokt2017-09-19

September 24, 2017People and Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad you had a great interview process and are enjoying the ROKT experience so far! We are so happy you have already noted our commitment to growing our teams - it is a key focus for us that we keep developing our people and give them exciting opportunities. We will continue to focus on this and thank you for your enthusiasm. Keep it up!

Found 60 reviews