ScriptSave Reviews | Glassdoor

Lori Bryant

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great environment"

I have been working at ScriptSave full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most companies say they care about their employee's work / life balance but few really do. ScriptSave is the exception. Their policies and culture support the concept that a good balance between work and family/ health/ fun will drive employee performance and create an environment where employees are motivated to do their best. ScriptSave has built an incredible team of hard working, intelligent, fun individuals. This makes work seem less like a four letter word and more like a challenge to look forward to each day.

Cons

The 15 pounds you will pack on from all the food at company sponsored lunches and events.

Advice to Management

Keep it up because it's working.

"Outlook is negative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at ScriptSave full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great culture, team, co workers. The org is creative and gives back to the community. Benefits are good, salary is okay.

Cons

We met our financial targets, in fact we beat them - however bonuses were not paid out. Since the company was acquired things have been going down hill. Why work so hard when management and our parent company dont recognize our value. Not sure about the outlook of this place.

Advice to Management

Transparency would be a start. Live up to your word and goto bat for us. It seems that some of the leadership is selling us out to the parent company.

3. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at ScriptSave full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have never worked for a company that demonstrates the degree of concern for its employees that ScriptSave does. Not only is the work interesting and meaningful, it is also challenging and allows employees the opportunities to stretch and grow professionally. I genuinely like all the people I work with. The leadership team is fully engaged and actively "walks their talk". Scriptsave has won many awards for its awesome culture and community involvement. I wouldn't have taken the time to write this review if I didn't feel so strongly about how wonderful this company is. The benefits are pretty good, the pay is very fair, and the environment (work hard, but have fun) is great. There is a sense of family and employees take a great deal of pride in pulling together to deliver outstanding service and products to our customers.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons, but all companies have the opportunity to get better. Scriptsave takes that seriously and always looks for ways to improve. As a small company, we are facing some growing pains as we adapt to a more complex business environment, so I think we have to stay aware that we are in a time of change.

Advice to Management

Continue to help us all focus on growing the business. Keep up the good work!

4. "A great company with great people!"

I have been working at ScriptSave full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel compelled to write a review of ScriptSave after seeing what was written on here. ScriptSave is a great company that treats its employees better than any company I've experienced. The talent at this company is exceptional...at ALL levels. Of course the company isn't perfect, but they try really hard to take care of the employees and show all of us that we are valued. The dedication of ScriptSave employees, again at all levels of the company, has continued to make ScriptSave successful. It's a great place to work! Competitive pay and great benefits, incredible extra benefits offered to employees (paid days off to volunteer, ability to work remotely, generous PTO, great bonuses, etc) , working for people that actually care about you and your family and doing creative and fun work that helps people save money on the medications they need. It doesn't get much better than that.

Cons

I guess the biggest "con" is working with the very small number of people that don't appreciate what ScriptSave does for them.

"This company promotes a culture to prospective employees that absolutely does not exist."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Pros

The benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Each individual in the management team has their own agenda. They do not work together for the benefit of the employees nor the company. There is an "inner circle" within management and even if these managers are incompetent they are protected and allowed to do whatever they please. This includes dehumanizing the people below them. People get into trouble for voicing their opinions. People are afraid that the management is going to use their power to fire them for personal reasons that does not have anything to do with work performance.

Advice to Management

Ms. Bryant needs to get her finger back on the pulse of the heartbeat of the company...the employees.

"Opportunity"

Pros

There have been many changes at SS but we are still standing strong. Our benefits have changed, but in some ways they are actually better. We are still being offered growth and training opportunities. That has not changed, we may be a smaller organization but we are still MIGHTY and the culture is still AWESOME!

Cons

Since being purchased by MI some of the processes take additional time but we still receive many perks, bonuses and opportunities to give back to the community.

Advice to Management

Continue offering growth, autonomy and training opportunities.

7. "Full time employee"

Pros

Good benefits, workers in the trenches are awesome people; smart and innovative.

Cons

Being bought by MedImpact. Worst thing that could have happened to this company.

Advice to Management

The company isn't going to be around much longer...brush up on your skills.

8. "A good place to work"

I worked at ScriptSave full-time

Pros

You get to work with an intelligent, bright group of people who work together for the betterment of the organization.

Cons

Communication isn't always what it needs to be to be a truly effective organization.

Advice to Management

Listen more

9. "ScriptSave is one of the best small companies in AZ"

Pros

Employees – the best team of passionate, committed people I’ve ever worked with - we care about each other and what we do every day. We work hard to drive the business…the flexible working environment is much appreciated.

Leadership team – The execs care about allemployees, the customers and the business. LB is a top-notch President – she knows the business and expects her team to deliver on their commitments, she holds people accountable and has tremendous integrity … every leadership team will have their quirks, but by far, I’d rather work with this team than any of the others I’ve experienced out there… you won’t find anyone who lies, is dishonest or disrespectful in this group….

Culture – we are a small company with a big heart… there is a genuine care and concern for all employees. We are given generous with pay, bonus, benefits for all levels… not many small companies invest in their employees the way ScriptSave’s invested in me…. I LOVE working here!

Cons

Sounds like the 1-Star rating folks down below are a little bitter and unhappy… my advice: life’s too short, we spend too much time together as a team and we have too much work to do to be distracted by negativity and people who complain just to complain or without a resolution…

Just a reminder if you are still working here - you aren’t being held captive, so make a choice… move on to where you will be happy or re-commit and engage to the mission of the business and the talented team you have around you… that’s your choice. I’m choosing to stick around and work with the awesome people who want to work here…

Advice to Management

This isn’t for just the senior leaders, but all managers. You all need to keep doing what you are doing – your actions speak will always louder than your words…. Continue to stay open to our feedback and ideas for improvement…. and we'll continue to work towards your vision of taking the company to the next level...

10. "Company poised for growth"

Pros

- Huge potential for growth - the outlook is positive.
    - Easy going day to day, yet challenging work material to keep stimulated.
    - Respect for work/life balance and a general sense of social responsibility. The company gives back...to its employees and to the community. As I have been here - this has been the strongest cultural trait I have felt.
    - Nimble organization going through a period of growth and maturity. It is clear from other reviews that there is a some dissatisfaction with the changes associated with growth and the process of maturing. In my opinion, those view may be short sighted - I see these changes as a positive.
    - Talent and creativity top down.
    - Compensation is stellar.

Cons

- Benefits are good - but could be better.
    - Organizational strategy could be better communicated to employees. One can piece it together for various conversations with executives - but it is apparent that it is not being communicated/distilled for consumption by all employees. The organization could benefit from a communication strategy that distills and feeds information through middle management.
    - Organizational structure could use some tuning.

Advice to Management

- Develop a communication strategy - define the strategy and direction of the org.
    - Recognize that there may be merit to some of the comments herein - evaluate your middle management and make adjustments as appropriate.
    - This is a great place to work - keep doing what you are doing.