Search Solution Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Jeremy J. Gnozzo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I loved working for Jeremy Gnozzo, Ashley Goldberg, and Eric Fehr (in 5 reviews)

• If you have questions there is always someone available (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • My experience here started early as an unpaid intern, where I picked up on unusual behavior from CEO, Jeremy Gnozzo and his associates (in 9 reviews)

• Long hours but anything worth while is worth investing your time into (in 5 reviews)

1. "SSG- One of a kind!"

I have been working at Search Solution Group full-time

Pros

SSG is the ideal place for dedicated professionals looking to take their skills to the next level. This is not your typical 9-5 job. If you are driven, have a strong work ethic, enjoy healthy competition, learning new skills, and have the courage to stick it out through the natural learning curve...SSG is the place for you! You will have the opportunity to work with and learn from the best in the business. It's a tough job, but that's what makes it so fun and rewarding. This company is growing and the opportunity to learn and move up is truly there if you are willing to give your best everyday.

Cons

If you're looking for a job where the bare minimum is the norm...SSG is NOT the place for you! If you're the type of person who doesn't like a challenge...SSG is NOT the place for you!

Advice to Management

Thank you for creating such a dynamic work environment and maintaining your commitment to excellence!

""Your success is their success.""

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Search Solution Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wow- This place is great. I've never worked in a place that has been so supportive. Management wants you to succeed here. The CEO is an excellent motivator and always strives to provide a positive and productive atmosphere. The directors work with you, offer their help, provide real life examples, and push you. The encouragement has been incredible and everyone is so approachable. If you have questions there is always someone available. They live by the motto "if you don't know, ask"! They encourage transparency and asking questions. They are realistic with you, and provide you with great feedback and constructive criticism. It's great to work on a team that values you and wants you to succeed. They value growth, and you have to put in work and always keep teaching yourself. Your success is their success, and they go above and beyond to give you all the avenues to succeed. .

Cons

Hours are long and you're expected to work at home. I wouldn't call this a "con" since they were transparent about it during the interview process.

Advice to Management

More training for new hires.

Jul 31, 2017 – Director of Strategy

Thank you for the great feedback, executive recruitment is hard work but can come with big rewards!

3. "I love going to work."

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Search Solution Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working at SSG Baltimore because my voice and opinions are valued, we are asked for ideas, we are heard and encouraged. At SSG Baltimore, my managing partner cares about my (and my colleagues) success. He wants to see us reach our goals and more. It is rare to find a manager who is self-less and passionate about the success of his employees and the business, before himself. We are not only welcomed, but encouraged to be ourselves. The culture is positive and tight knit. We work hard together and know how to laugh. I enjoy waking up to come to work. I get to come to a place where I know I am making a difference in the company and in the lives of our candidates/clients.

Cons

This industry is tough. There are ups and downs, but this is also what makes it fun. You never know what can happen. You can lose a deal one day and the next one could fall from the sky. This is the nature of the business. As for SSG Baltimore, I see no major cons. The work life balance is all what you make it.

Advice to Management

Keeping being awesome.

Jul 31, 2017 – Director of Strategy

Thank you for the great feedback!

4. "Great place to work if you're prepared to work hard"

I have been working at Search Solution Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Good earnings potential
    -Good leadership
    -Team approach, people support eachother and want others to be successful
    -Company outings/activities/prizes for achieving individual and team goals

Cons

You will be required to follow specific procedures, and regularly submit reports and have your numbers/goals tracked, etc. Some people like those things because it keeps them focused and holds them accountable, others view it as micromanagement. It's all about your personal viewpoint.

Advice to Management

You are doing a good job.

5. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Search Solution Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Baltimore office has a very open, friendly, and fun culture. We are dog friendly and LOVE to celebrate any and every accomplishment (including banging a gong when we close a sale)! Our team loves to attend all the hot industry conferences, training's, and fun science networking events.

Cons

Not the company for you if you are not a motivated and driven person.

6. "Great place to work, if you are willing to work hard."

I have been working at Search Solution Group full-time

Pros

Unlimited earning potential. FUN team. Room to learn and advance within a growing INC 5000 company.

Cons

If you are not willing to work hard and have a positive attitude, this company is not for you.

Thank you!

"Executive Recruiter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Search Solution Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Highly passionate people, unlimted earning potential.

Cons

If you don't have a strong work ethic, it will be hard to keep up.

Advice to Management

Encourage!

Mar 20, 2017

We appreciate your feedback

8. "Executive Recruiter"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter

I have been working at Search Solution Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Snacks, coworkers are pretty cool

Cons

Micromanaged, trash talked, constant feeling of anxiety, hard to be positive when there is so much pressure on you..the list goes on. There is a reason why people leave. Good part is that my coworkers are fun. No work life balance. Work 24/7

"Would Not Recommend to Anyone"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Search Solution Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any...

Cons

There are very long hours expected. You are expected to be there at 7:30 am and the end time is supposed to be 5:30 pm, but anyone who leaves then, is frowned on for "slacking" and "not being dedicated". Working from home is not optional, you're log ins are tracked and you are expected to not only stay late to show how dedicated you are, but it's expected to work from home every night, as well as the weekends. PTO is a joke, you won't be able to put your phone down because of the emails and calls you will get strongly suggesting you prioritize work that day, even tho you are off. You are extremely micromanaged here, and when you don't do everything to their standards for the day/week, you are sent group emails that have cuss words in them and all caps to imply they are yelling at you, for all the others to see who were CC'd on the message. There is no constructive criticism offered, only scoldings. Groups who want to go eat lunch together are looked down on, managers and the CEO have trash talked people who do this and called them "bad influences". So apparently, working through lunch is also encouraged when you are already expected to be there around 10 hours and work from home. Let's go back to the subject of trash talking...it happens, a lot here. Very negative atmosphere. Jobs to work on will be cut back when you don't perform at their standards, but then more candidates are expected to be found to "prove yourself". Basically, when you upset them, they start to push you out the door and then blame it on performance so they can fire you, while they control how many jobs you can work on. Let's talk about pay, because that's what keeps the lights on right? Commission is RARELY paid on time. SSG does not enforce payments from the companies they place people in. So you could wait for you're check from that placement for over two months at times. The benefits are very sub par compared to most companies. I could go on and on....but let's just leave it at that.

Mar 20, 2017 – Director of Strategy

We are sorry that you did not have an ideal experience and will take the feedback into consideration. We continually strive to create a strong team environment and to improve our support and... More

"One of CLT's Best Places to Work"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Working for this company has been one of the best experiences of my life. It is a family-type atmosphere full of leaders who genuinely care about you. The support I have received in every area of my life while being here has been incredible. This support system of encouragement and positive environment trickle down from the character of the CEO, Jeremy Gnozzo. Jeremy is the type of CEO that puts his heart into building his team up. He selflessly works to see each individual employee succeeds, and will creatively work with his employees to create the best environment for their success.

Cons

Recruiting/ Headhunting is a tough job. It takes someone who isn't afraid to work hard and give it their all. The only con comes if you only want a 9-5 job in which you go home and leave all your work at the office. If you'e willing to work hard here, you will be successful.

Oct 6, 2016 – Director of Strategy

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your warm feedback!