KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

SearchAsia Reviews

Updated Aug 30, 2021

Found 48 of over 78 reviews

4.1
Pros
  • "Fun environment to work in, all the perms here are friendly and approachable(in 7 reviews)

• "The people here are generally very nice to work with, especially since it is a team based environment(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "the official working hours are from 830-6pm, i will change your timesheet accordingly(in 5 reviews)

• "To truly enjoy this job, you have to enjoy a people-oriented, high energy and competitive work culture(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

In all honesty

Aug 30, 2021 - Senior Specialist Recruiter in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Many fresh grads dream of a job at a large company with a well-known brand name, so did I when i was a fresh graduate from NUS. I stumbled onto this job after my grad trip, unknown to me at that point that one can actually have a career here as a Recruiter. Not your average job? I agree. Being a person who is super practical and hands-on, I enjoyed the advantages of working closely with senior-level managers and potentially gaining a firsthand view of many aspects of running a business from the CEO himself. Starting off as a junior recruiter, we gained exposure more quickly to different functional areas of the business. I also find joy in taking on new tasks in addition to our official roles, such as interacting with customers or initiating a social media account. And since you have the opportunity to work in multiple functional areas, you can gain exposure to the business and senior management, setting you up for leadership or entrepreneurial roles in the future. Choose a large company, and you think you may have endless opportunities for advancement but you may have to try very hard to be noticed at all. Hard work may not be enough to help you get ahead. You may even feel like a cog in a meaningless wheel. Work for a medium-sized company, and there is this greater sense of community and the chance to develop deep relationships. While these may not become personal relationships, it does give you a deeper insight into the company and your coworkers, helping you to develop a keen sense of self-awareness and accountability. Surprisingly enough, there is no official definition of “large” or “small” business. Some metrics could be the company’s average annual revenue, profitablity or the average number of employees. There’s no one right answer for which is better. To each his/her own. It's just a matter of personal preference. The ownership is yours and gess what you dont need anyone's validation. Your career is not a circus. While any company can find themselves on the wrong side of the economy, especially during crisis (like Covid-19) this industry tends to be stable. The odds are pretty good that your position won’t suddenly disappear one morning :)

Cons

Working from home seemed to be good for a while but being able to meet and work alongside with familiar people in the office is even better because you get to take a genuine breather during lunch and take a walk to take your mind out of work, even for just a while. Can improve on the speed of the system over all if we were to continue this hybrid working culture.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A Vibrant Workplace to Work

Aug 23, 2021 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) Company Culture - I enjoyed working in a team-oriented working environment where we work hard and play hard together. We also celebrate each other's successes and motivate one another throughout setbacks faced. 2) Job Purpose - Working here in SearchAsia has given me a purpose whereby my job is not to merely bridge the recruitment gap but to ensure the talent we secure is a perfect fit for the team. I could also meetup with new people (clients and candidates) and hone my communication skills as well as gain more experiences in understanding the market today.

Cons

1) Working hours - Although the company has a fixed working hours, we tend to work beyond the timing as our job is flexible.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to start

Jun 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Learn a lot about recruitment - Friendly colleagues

Cons

- No cons as I had an great experience working there

4. 1.0

Elitist company

Jul 9, 2021 - Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Located at a prime location and on a quarterly basis, we will go to the various hotels for the company's get together session.

Cons

Elitist, strict, makes us pay the company when we want to leave.

5. 2.0

Okay

Jun 18, 2021 - Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good colleagues in the team

Cons

Not so good corporate culture

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Work Hard Play Hard

May 24, 2021 - Specialist Recruiter in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Recognized quarterly for your achievements - Great Mentors and Leaders - Exposure to full cycle of recruitment, good platform for fresh graduates to learn about recruitment - career growth opportunities as you progress in the job

Cons

- Sales Environment, need to have the sales mindset

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

We are like a family!

Apr 14, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

SearchAsia encourages teamwork and cross-functional collaboration, you will not feel alone even when dealing with the toughest clients and candidates. The nature of the job helps you hone your communication and interpersonal skills, you also learn faster when you work with clients and senior candidates, definitely a plus because you need these skills anywhere. Leaders here want you to succeed, and they put their heart into training and coaching their members. Yes, the job is challenging as we are doing sales, but with the team structure and dedicated leaders here, your journey with SearchAsia will be an enjoyable and rewarding one!

Cons

No significant cons. This is for people who are self-motivated and loves working in a team, and if you are not, this company is just not suitable for you, it does not mean that it is a bad company.

8. 1.0

Rubbish Company

Dec 8, 2020 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to learn, grow and know more about the industry

Cons

6 month probation, very bad management

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Growth opportunities to build your career

Sep 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leaders and seniors here do invest effort in coaching with real experiences and are sincere in grooming you and your career, especially since this role is always about dealing with people. They will also identify opportunities for you to take on regional scope and leading teams.

Cons

You need to put in consistent hard work and there's a steep learning curve

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Friendly workplace

Mar 31, 2020 - Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

- colleagues are very nice, a lot of laughter in office - annual DnD is something we always look forward to as a team, and we really always work so hard to put up the best performance!

Cons

- steep learning curve, takes a while to really get the hang of the job

2 people found this review helpful