SearchAsia Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Associate Consultant"

I worked at SearchAsia part-time

Pros

Work closely with a mentor who is willing to teach a lot of things.
    Competitive environment.
    Friendly and warm colleagues who are sincere in building up their networks.

Cons

May not be paid very well as a part timer.

2. "Fun, collaborative and energetic environment to work in!"

I have been working at SearchAsia full-time

Pros

- People are friendly and willing to help, they generally emphasize on teamwork a lot, so it creates a collaborative environment.
    - Flat structure, very bottom-up approach. Focus on merit-based, so if you work hard, you will get recognized and people are genuine to share the joy with you.
    - Has a lot of fun events throughout the year that will allow you to mix around with people who are not from your team and bond with your colleagues

Cons

- Generally no cons but being in a sales environment it may be competitive sometimes, but this generates healthy competition which will encourage people to strive harder and watch yourself grow together with the company!

3. "Good teamwork and conducive environment"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at SearchAsia full-time

Pros

-Opportunity for fresh graduates to get corporate sales experience
    -Good incentive scheme
    -Collaborative and hardworking colleagues
    -Mentorship scheme
    -Regular training sessions (in-house)

Cons

-Can have more informal bonding sessions
    -Bigger office and meeting rooms

Advice to Management

-Can do more to improve staff welfare

5. "Being here 3 years and counting..."

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at SearchAsia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was a mid-career hire and am thankful for the opportunity to join a company who values me for my work experiences and not on the database or clients that I could bring over. I came over with zero baggage and kept an open mind to get my hands dirty to start everything from scratch. It wasn't easy but with a collaborative team environment and understanding management, I have been here for more than 3 years and counting and still enjoy coming to work every day!

Cons

This is a performance-based environment and you have to be prepared to put in the hard work! The good news is that whether you a rookie or experienced consultant, it is a level playing field for all.

"Good Learning Experience and Exposure to the Industry"

Pros

- Mentor willing to take time to coach and explain the big picture
    - Team mates who are very driven and supportive
    - Given the opportunity to prove myself and have a direct hand in the full range of recruiting work, from securing new client agreements and maintaining relations with existing clients to shortlisting and profiling candidates

Cons

- Highly competitive sales environment lends the tendency toward hard selling and occasional breakdown of teamwork and team spiritedness
    - Internship allowance lower than market rate internship pay for undergraduates (temporary workers earn more per month although the workload is comparable, if not more on interns)

Apr 5, 2016 – HR Manager

Hi! Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to know that you have gained valuable exposure in the industry and fostered great relationships with your co-workers. Internships are for undergrads ... More

7. "Supportive team-centric environment"

I have been working at SearchAsia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are keen on doing recruitment, this is a place which can give you great exposure to the industry. SearchAsia has been around for a long time and it has tons of resources that can help you. It is not the kind of company that gives you nothing but expect you to bring in revenue for them.

The environment is fun and people work well together. The company encourages teamwork and hence you are not on your own unlike other sales job i.e insurance or property whereby the nature of their job is more individualistic.

Cons

It can be stressful when your results are not up to expectations. However, sales is full of ups and downs and you just have to learn to know how to manage it.

Mar 8, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback!

8. "A mixed-bag that favours people with initiative and drive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at SearchAsia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Progress is determined by your own achievements. People with drive and initiative will thrive. Team-based environment ensures support is there. Unless you come from a smaller team, then lesser support. Ultimately, in a sales-oriented organization, your own results determines your experience here.

Cons

Most of the employees start off as fresh graduates. It takes time for fresh employees to awaken to the realities of the working world and catch up to what is really needed of them to deliver. This issue is magnified when weak mentoring from some leaders result in mediocre results.

Advice to Management

Better communication from the management will help to put to rest unfounded fears from the employees.

9. "Great place to work with awesome people!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at SearchAsia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had a couple of Jobs before this, so I will put this objectively. The colleagues around here are great to work with, friendly, hardworking people who make going to work enjoyable. After all, we spend easily 10-12 hours daily together.

I worked in Global MNCs before joining SearchAsia, culturally its very different, but the people around made it easier to blend in and grow on the job.

Targets are clear and career progression is good. Strong results are recognized and well rewarded.

Best thing for me is the team based culture and the fact that the company is growing and very vibrant.

Many opportunities to take roles of responsibility.

open environment with hardly any politics. (compared to my previous place)- (also not sure where previous politicking comment came from)

I highly recommend joining this place with open eyes and open mind

Cons

Overall no significant cons, in any job there are are always things that people will dislike.

Office equipment/ Furniture is slightly dated and need upgrading. I personally think that some of the processes internally can be more standardised.

Advice to Management

Having things done in a more systematic way might help, especially in relation to administrative stuff.

Jan 17, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for the review. We value and consider all feedback and we will continue to find ways to improve. Thank you for your ongoing contribution and feedback!

10. "great workplace that deserves more positive press"

I worked at SearchAsia full-time

Pros

pragmatic, to the point colleagues, who are at work to do real work.

truly a team in which you help each other. dont have to waste time dealing with politics.

the set up has it that you get team members with different personalities, which makes work life more fun.

encouraging and helping colleagues.

your boss doesnt do micro management. they hire you cos they trust you right? plus he has real work to do!!!

you work independently and at the same time could get help when necessary.

i seem to have emphasized a lot on the people- after all work is same same everywhere, what your colleagues are like DO matter!!!

trust me I have worked in enough places to know it’s good here. I wouldn’t have left had it not been personal reasons

Cons

I would say any work experience is what you make it to be. Sorry to sound old but every con could be a pro, and vice versa right?

Advice to Management

I do not know why there is quite a bit of not so good review online. But we all know not to believe 100% on the internet, and that there is a reason why we have brains yeah? SearchAsia and our sister firm RecruitExpress deserve some positive comments!!!

Jan 17, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for the review. We are committed to create a conducive and collaborative environment for all our employees and we are glad to hear some of your experiences. We wish you the best in ... More

11. "Experience in SearchAsia"

Pros

- Valuable exposure to recruitment industry
    - Exposure to different industries and different cultures
    - One-on-one mentorship
    - Opportunity to speak to senior management in clients' companies
    - Opportunity to further one's career int he company

Cons

There is always space for improvement, no matter how long one has been in the business.

Advice to Management

Nil

Jan 17, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for the review and we value your ongoing contribution!