SelectRemedy Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tom Bickes
1 Rating

"Disappointing experience, and extremely long hours for the whole staff.."

Former Employee - Management in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Management in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at SelectRemedy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Financial incentives are good if you've the stamina to work ongoing in a 24/7 workday environment.

Cons

Too lean in staff, little direction from management, no onboarding or formal training. Burn out in short period of time of staff. Colleagues are too busy to mentor when you need that support upon coming on board. Lots of turnover in staff with churn and burn culture.

Advice to Management

Too many webinars , no time to view them because work day is 24/7. Little interaction or training from direct supervisor. Corporate is responsive and helpful to questions.

SelectRemedy Response

Mar 6, 2015 – New Media Specialist

Thank you for your honest feedback about your experience working with SelectRemedy. We've had talented Collagues concerned about a "churn and burn" culture that drives away talent. As you may have ... More

2. "Personnel Supervisor"

Former Employee - Personnel Supervisor in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Personnel Supervisor in Aurora, IL

I worked at SelectRemedy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great bonus structure, out-of-state trip opportunities, company cell phone

Cons

SelectRemdy has horrible management, high turnover (hardly anyone lasts a year, even management), bare minimum training, and an unprofessional work environment. They overwork their employees and are highly metrics driven to a fault.

3. "Bad Benefits, Great Opportunity to Get Job Experience & Your Foot in the Door w/ Some Companies"

Current Employee - Temporary Data Entry Operator in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Temporary Data Entry Operator in Oakland, CA

I have been working at SelectRemedy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can get your foot in the door to some companies who are hard to get with.

You get exposed to a lot of different work environments.

Cons

Unattractive benefits.

Large discrepancy between what the client is paying SelectRemedy per hour and what the worker gets to keep.

When you first sign up, you are instructed to contact your account manager to to see if any work is available, but most times when I email them I do not get a courtesy reply back.

Most jobs are only temporary, for 3 months, then you'll be unemployed for about 2 months before another assignment can be found for you. The process will repeat over and over with only minor differences in the amount of months you will work causing havoc on your finances.

Advice to Management

Teach account managers to be responsive to the workers asking for work. Give the employee a bigger cut since they are the ones doing the work. Either take away the benefits are make them better.

5. "No real problems that I can think of."

Former Employee - QA Clerk in Saint Charles, IL
    Former Employee - QA Clerk in Saint Charles, IL

I worked at SelectRemedy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Temporary employment agency so there are usually a variety of different jobs you can choose from on any given day.

Cons

There are no medical benefits, dental benefits, or vacation time that I recall. There maybe have been something after a year though.

Advice to Management

none

SelectRemedy Response

Mar 6, 2015 – New Media Specialist

Thank you contributing your feedback. We wanted to let you know that our Associates are eligible for health and dental benefits. We recently rolled out all new ACA-compliant health insurance plans ... More

"No clue what they're doing"

I worked at SelectRemedy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent base pay with a lot of bonus potential
    Good opportunity to get experience in staffing world
    People have good intentions

Cons

Corporate clearly would prefer status over advancement, they demand innovation and development but focus 100% on bottom line numbers. The sales goals in place, while attainable, are not designed for someone who has not worked in the industry before - as in definitely more geared toward people with pre existing contacts within territory.

The corporate culture is lost at best. They throw an extravagant corporate party once a year that everyone talks about that is less inspiring than the book "the giver". The morals that are preached are contradicted heavily as shortly after their most recent merger the president was fired for stealing 2.7M from the company. He was the corporate official that every new official ranted and raved about his high level of integrity and sound morals.

Select offers the worst commission scale in the industry, heavily loading the top 3-5 achievers with extremely large bonuses.

Advice to Management

Learn the difference between management and leadership

Understand that the corporate cookie cutter model that is in place cannot survive for all markets, which is why the market share for Chicago is so low, even as the largest light industrial agency. Examine local economics and understand that a lot of the kind of accounts that corporate wants to target as a "quality account" take a longer sales cycle as they require more. To keep a sales staff on long enough to close that business. There's a reason that there hasnt been a stable sales rep in the Aurora office since 2012, I suggest that gets figured out before any other hiring decisions are made.

"People are not valued."

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Compensation and benefits were pretty good with Select Remedy.

Cons

"Turn and burn" atmosphere. People are not valued and treated as if they are easily replaceable. The high turnover rate was alarming and thus created an extremely tense and uncomfortable work environment.

Advice to Management

Mentor, coach and groom associates for success. Show people they mean something to the organization and don't just treat them like a number. Be honest, and have good business ethics. Great employees don't grow on trees, so when you decide to just "fire" people left and right, remember what you are losing. The best leaders are those you WANT to succeed for them.

8. "An interesting company to work for"

I worked at SelectRemedy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall, I enjoyed the job assignments this company offered me. Those assignments allowed me to learn a great deal.

Cons

Unfortunately, if your local branch office can't help you are stuck playing 'phone-tag' with their corporate office (in California, I believe).

Advice to Management

Couldn't you allow your personnel supervisors to provide employment and unemployment verification information instead of forwarding the request to corporate?