Seneca Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 31, 2017

4.4
Joe Wire

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company on the rise! Great time to join!"

Current Employee - Lead Recruiter in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Lead Recruiter in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Seneca Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment! Open line of communication to everyone in the company up to the CEO's. REAL open door policy where ides and concerns can be shared. Not afraid to listen to employees to better processes and open to suggestions. Comp is fair and no cap on commissions. Advancement opportunities. Everyone is held accountable. True team feeling. Have a lot more to offer than other staffing agencies. Monthly dinners and happy hours to celebrate goals (when they're hit). Yearly top producer trip! Mexico this year!

Cons

No cons. Great place to work!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. "Cyber Security Analyst Sr. - Federal Agency"

Current Contractor - Cyber Security Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Contractor - Cyber Security Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Seneca Resources as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff are really very nice and fast to get the responses to questions within same day or next. Benefit packages are pretty good.

Cons

Vision package could be better.

Advice to Management

None

3. "Partner"

I have been working at Seneca Resources full-time

Pros

Professional growth, development, great team and true collaboration sums up my 6 years here thus far with Seneca.

Cons

Work hard play hard is our mantra. If you do not work well is a metrics/performance driven environment then the culture here may not work.

4. "Uncapped Growth"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Seneca Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*The team and work environment is fun! *Very little micromanagement *Management cares about your career- our leadership team works to coach the people who have the drive *growing company allows for lots of room for career growth and room for financial growth

Cons

*not really a con- but anyone who joins should be expecting a fast paced work environment
    *again, not really a con- but this is not a 9-5, this company has goals for continued success and only wants individuals who share the drive and motivation.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! This team has so much potential!

"High Energy"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Reston, VA

Pros

Great tight knight group of recruiters, account managers, and upper management. Competitive pay and awesome compensation structure.

Cons

Its busy - not really a con but, if you are not ready for the best to be expected of you. Might not be for you.

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Reston, VA

I worked at Seneca Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is very close from CEO to recruiter to Outsourced Consultant, Training is very hands on some of the best in the DMV area, the salary was competitive as well.

Cons

Nothing to really complain about, great group of people with a great group of CEO'S

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you are doing great company with great opportunities

"Analyst I-Land Administration"

Current Employee - Analyst I in Orchard Park, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst I in Orchard Park, NY

I have been working at Seneca Resources (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, friendly staff workers, some nice perks-bonuses, game tickets,

Cons

Micromanagement by middle managers and too many bosses per employee. Management needs to be aware of whole workload and urgency of tasks.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be aware of whole workload and urgency of tasks and realize the entire workload from other managers.

"Engineer"

Pros

Great place to work at.

Cons

NO CONS TO DATE YET.

"Good Company on the Grow"

Pros

Small company on the Grow. Ability to move around and grow within the company. Competitive salary and bonus structure and great working environment. Strong emphasis on production and meeting goals/ metrics. Ability to communicate and be mentored by management staff including CEO and Founder. Management offers a lot of resources to sales/ recruiters

Cons

If you are not production or big picture driven wont be a good environment for you. Work hard play hard environment

"Good pay, good work experience and lifestyle."

Former Employee - Engineering Tech in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Engineering Tech in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Seneca Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got pretty darn good pay for the job I was doing -- some geeky computer stuff to support operations analysis. Management was focused on professionalizing internal processes as the organization grew from a mom-and-pop into a major. Moving from "get it done" to "get it done right," and from "just figure it out" to "best practice." Good situation for somebody with vision and organizational discipline.

Definitely no-nonsense and mission-focused; as long as I stayed in touch and my work supported management's plan, I got some latitude to explore and develop on my own. Paid overtime. Wanted us to be on the job and focused when we were there, but get home on time and only pull overtime occasionally when there was a clear reason. Coworkers were very accessible when I needed help, which you always do when you're new.

I left due to personal reasons, and it was an incredibly difficult choice. I would have very much enjoyed staying, and I think I could have had good career growth there.

Also, their coffee machine has a million options and is kept well-stocked.

Cons

It's a cubicle farm. That's OK because the coworkers are decent folks. Just FYI. It's not a colorful, bicycles-hanging-from-the-ceiling, morale factory -- it's a disciplined approach. But they do take care of you.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your smart people and your Ph.D. managers, and look to your field offices across disciplines -- drilling, pipelines, etc., to find ways to make their technology work together where permitted by regulations ... and to do as much as you can to streamline the public information sharing across units where required by regulation. The more you can do to get information out of individuals' heads and file cabinets and onto shared systems, the more flexible you'll be to buy, sell, uproot and move operation units as shale resource priorities shift.