ServiceSource (Virginia) Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "management"

Current Employee - Management in Oakton, VA
    Current Employee - Management in Oakton, VA

I have been working at ServiceSource (Virginia) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training programs, job advancement opportunities. Love the people I work with. Very good benefits!

Cons

Don't have any at this time.

2. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Oakton, VA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Oakton, VA

I have been working at ServiceSource (Virginia) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Outstanding mission and commitment to people with disabilities

Cons

It helps if you share that commitment.

3. "Rehab. Specialist"

I worked at ServiceSource (Virginia) full-time

Pros

Great place to work, good benefits, treated with respect.

Cons

Strict hours, could offer a bit more flexible of schedule

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

4. "Shift Leader"

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Shift Leader in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at ServiceSource (Virginia) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to learn new things and work with people with disabilities. Gives me a chance to work with soldiers to whom I have the highest level of respect.

Cons

The only draw back of this position is the non availability of hours, due to the deployment of soldiers.

Advice to Management

When layoffs occur, I know you want to ensure time to your long term employees, but it is important to retain the new employees as well.

5. "The potential is there but training is needed."

I worked at ServiceSource (Virginia) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great mission. Nice co-workers. The facility is nice.

Cons

The low pay does not justify the level of stress you receive from working with the company. There is a lot of work without the time to complete it during the work week because you are constantly given more work or you are addressing some issue at the work site. Some employees take their work home over the weekend so they will not be reprimanded for not meeting deadlines.

The morale is pretty low for some of the employees that work directly with the population being serviced because they feel like management is not listening to or addressing their concerns. A lot of the staff feel like they are baby sitting individuals with developmental disabilities.

The training is lacking and you are expected to automatically know how their way of doing things without being properly trained. These factors contribute to the high turnover rates in certain positions.

Advice to Management

Training needs to be overhauled. There needs to be more training that includes practicums that allow for new employees to practice how to complete forms and service plans. The "training" is currently a few days long that include a few videos or online trainings where all you have to do is complete a quiz at the end. There are no real trainings that show new employees how to complete forms properly that go beyond an hour long and their is no practice on completing the forms properly. I have never worked in a program like this where the training was less than six weeks and no on the job training. Until a new training is put in place the turnover will continue to be high.

"Miserable"

Current Employee - Case Manager
    Current Employee - Case Manager

I have been working at ServiceSource (Virginia) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our is team is young, fun and dedicated to supporting individuals on our caseload. I enjoy the people I work with, and the office is up to date and a pleasant environment. However, we are never in the office!

Cons

I do not feel heard, supported or appreciated for the insane amount of work I do for this company. Management has said you are meant to feel "woefully inadequate" for the entire first year of your position here, even if you are exceeding expectations. That is unacceptable.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people! We need support, just as we spend our days supporting way too large of a caseload!

7. "VRC"

Current Employee - Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at ServiceSource (Virginia) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Their retirement account is wonderful. The amount of vacation time and sick time accrued over each paycheck period is also more than I have ever accrued in other jobs.

Cons

The cost of health insurance is higher than most employers I have worked for in the past.

Advice to Management

NA

8. "Case Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakton, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakton, VA

I have been working at ServiceSource (Virginia) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rewarding work with individuals with disabilities
    Great company moral and team work

Cons

No bonuses
    No cost of living raises

"Needs improvment"

Pros

Great benefits and a family feel.

Cons

No room for growth and VP's and Managers new more training.

Advice to Management

Stop crushing the people under you!

"Great company, with a questionable corporate culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakton, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakton, VA

Pros

Compensation and benefits are great. 100% supporter of the disabled community.

Cons

Old dogs don't like new tricks. New dogs don't stand a chance. My way, no highway option.

Advice to Management

Training. Training. Training. Professional development training is needed in this organization. This must be top fed and periodically checked to ensure compliance. When the cat's away the mice do what the hell they want. #accountability