Silverback Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 4, 2018

3.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The Possibilities Are Endless"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

I have been working at Silverback Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place has shown me that hardwork, reliability, and dedication pays off, as long as that you need to focus on your work and no one else.
    They acknowledge and recognize your efforts and want you to succeed here.
    Constructive criticism is a number one priority here, meaning no question is a dumb question.
    Opportunities for advancement!

Cons

Small restroom
    Strictness to policies are not followed

2. "Team Lead"

Pros

Great place to work. Lots of room to move up in the company.

Cons

It is a call center.

Advice to Management

Provide better benefits.

3. "Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Washington, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Washington, MO

I worked at Silverback Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Day shift hours, commission, no physical product to sell.

Cons

Cold calls, difficult to sell

"I made a lot of motivating friends in my group that helped me get to my goals."

Former Employee - Telephone Sales Representative in Washington, MO
    Former Employee - Telephone Sales Representative in Washington, MO

I worked at Silverback Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

having group teams got you close to your teammates to get competitive against each other. It made it more exciting being close with your group

Cons

Unfortunately stopped working there when I was told I had to work a full shift with no lunch break cus of a snow day. And eat lunch in between calls.

Advice to Management

Don't be too hard on us :)

"Great place to gain experience in telemarketing"

Former Employee - TSR in Washington, MO
    Former Employee - TSR in Washington, MO

I worked at Silverback Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very helpful and supportive staff, Plenty of opportunity to learn the position and quality of call guidelines good hours.

Cons

Too many calls per agent, per day sometimes. Dialer too fast sometimes. low pay and low pay structure. limited opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Pay your top people more if you would like to keep them. Change the pay structure to make lead generation more enticing.

6. "No"

Pros

Lax dress code,
    Gym on site

Cons

Job hired for was not the job they wanted, decided to cut my pay.

7. "They Lied in the Interview, Terrible Work"

Current Employee - Education Specialist in Rexburg, ID
    Current Employee - Education Specialist in Rexburg, ID

I have been working at Silverback Network (Less than a year)

Pros

Pizza on Fridays, and my coworkers are fairly decent. They play music too which provides some background noise. You get 3 sick days a month, which is a nice benefit.

Cons

I was told I would be doing customer service, not making cold calls. You have to clock out whenever you want to do something that isn't related to calling and if anyone is at all like me, you need a lot of break time to survive this job. Not a lot of opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

Let your employees take paid breaks. Talk with our marketing partners about a way to filter through people we call so we actually get people who want to hear about options for school

8. "Decent job, bad benefits"

Current Employee - Telesales Agent in Washington, MO
    Current Employee - Telesales Agent in Washington, MO

I have been working at Silverback Network part-time

Pros

Very fun people to work with. Casual office. Fun incentives and good support from co-workers. Not really "sales", so you don't have to force people to spend money they don't have.

Cons

Most customers can't seem to read, they can't see that "requesting the info" from a college isn't a requirement of searching for a job, or the survey, and instead of clicking "skip offer" they like to yell at us... Somehow breaking federal laws and OSHA requirements regarding breaks. You have to clock out to take a short break (although it is medically suggested to take a 5 minute break for every 2 hours staring at a computer screen) and to use the bathroom. According to FLSA, if you allow 5min-20min breaks they are supposed to be paid. And according to OSHA and FLSA they cannot force you to clock out to use the restroom.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to take paid breaks, whether it be to use the restroom, get a drink, smoke, stretch legs... whatever it is. Just put in measures to ensure that they don't take advantage of it. Let them switch to "personal", but mandate that if adds up to more than however many minutes a day is fair, then the excess would be unpaid. For example, 2 15 minute breaks for an 8 hour shift, and allow 5 minutes to use the restroom, and then 1 15 minute break and 5 minutes to use the restroom on 5 hour days. If anyone exceeds 20 minutes on 5 hour days or 35 minutes on 8 hour days, then dock them the extra time (if they take 30 minutes of break on a 5 hour day, they get docked 10 minutes of pay)...

9. "You need to be the right person for the Job."

Current Employee - Call Center Agent
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent

I have been working at Silverback Network part-time

Pros

Great options for hours if you are part time. The training is very thorough, and the environment and management are very friendly and upbeat.

Cons

Starting base pay is 8$ an hour. Which is less than the local McDonalds. You don't get commission until you pass certain quality assurance marks and the QA department will "fail" a call even if you got the recommendations and then you don't' get the commission. The WORST part of the entire thing is that you are staying in ONE area for the majority of your shift. You can take personal time when ever you need it and you get your lunch break, but other than that it is your cubical and your headset. Call after Call trying to get recommendations. The majority of people WILL hang up on you and it honestly is mentally and emotionally exhausting. So, that being said if you are ok with staying in one place all day it's a great opportunity with great training. If you like to move around and have various tasks throughout your shift this is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

Allow workers to do SOMETHING while between calls. Anything to diversify. Incentive games are great, but on slow days when recos are hard to come by a person needs something to keep their brain from going into autopilot or just frying out.

"Telesales Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, MO

I have been working at Silverback Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management, great sales experience, opportunity to become a team lead, lots of help from management, phone communications, great opportunity to learn about sales compliance. Great hours. Good sales environment.

Cons

can be hard to get into rhythm of sales scripting. Slightly demanding in terms of acquiring sales every day. Can be a little distracting with a busy environment.