SimplePractice Reviews | Glassdoor

SimplePractice Reviews

Updated Dec 6, 2019

4.8
SimplePractice CEO Howard Spector (no image)
Howard Spector
  1. Featured Review

"Highly engaged workers, plenty of room to grow"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SimplePractice full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love how challenged, excited, and passionate I am about working here. At previous companies I'd eventually get bored or complacent, but the level of enthusiasm here (from the founders to the new hires) is contagious. Our company mission keeps me motivated, and I can leave work every day knowing I'm doing something that makes the world a better place.

Cons

We're constantly growing, and the rapid changes have been difficult to adapt to at times.

SimplePractice2019-12-07
  2. "Great Place to grow and develop!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Associate

I have been working at SimplePractice full-time for less than a year

Pros

SimplePractice is one of the best work environments I've ever experienced. I feel that all my coworkers are reliable people and get their work done. I have felt so supported throughout my training and learning. I'm encouraged to speak my ideas and contribute to helping SimplePractice expand as a company. There is room to grow in the company because the company is still expanding and developing. This makes for a very exciting and adaptive work environment.

Cons

So far, none. This has been a great experience.

SimplePractice2019-08-07
  3. "Great culture, interesting challenges, and meaningful work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SimplePractice full-time for less than a year

Pros

SimplePractice values autonomy and freedom. Great engineering culture where "we don't ship sh**" (plaque on wall as you walk in) and heavy emphasis on excellent work. Lots of growth opportunities for all levels of the engineering org. Interesting engineering problems dealing with scale at the moment.

Cons

There is a lot of interesting work to be done as the company continues to scale.

SimplePractice2019-08-06
  4. "Creative Ideas, Project Ownership and Amazing Colleagues!"

Current Employee - Social Media Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SimplePractice full-time for less than a year

Pros

- It's clear that SimplePractice only hires the best! Everyone is incredibly friendly and intelligent here, and project ownership is encouraged. - Lunch is catered every Friday, which is a nice treat at the end of the week. - Leadership is very approachable, and down-to-earth. - Everyone has creative ideas, smart execution, and entrepreneurial drive. It's a great motivator in a growing start-up! - Social happy hours happen every month; colleagues are very close-knit and are always fun to hang out with. - Common area comes w/ a cool cafe vibe and some healthy snacks, refreshments. Kombucha on tap, variety of teas, coffee, etc. - Micro-managing doesn't exist in the office, which is amazing.

Cons

- A very fast-paced, startup environment. Employees with little startup experience may be vulnerable to burning out quickly.

5. "Freedom to Grow"

Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at SimplePractice full-time for more than a year

Pros

SimplePractice is a great place to work if you are self-motivated. New ideas and perspectives are always welcome regardless of career level. Great snacks and friendly employees.

Cons

Not a great place to work if you're looking for a company with neat corporate structure and an emphasis on process.

SimplePractice2019-08-06
  6. "Quite possibly the best place to work in the word"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SimplePractice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting and exciting work, amazing product, beautiful office. The leadership team (while mostly made up men) are really smart & hard-working. The work is fast-paced. We are the leader in our space, so it's really amazing to watch the company grow. It's definitely demanding work, but in a good way. Plus, the the CEO frequently asks for feedback its obvious he cares about the culture of the workplace. Since my first day, it was obvious that they focus on creating a culture of inclusiveness and belonging for all employees. Plus, there are amazing snacks, lunch on Fridays, beer on tap, all the other perks of working at a winning tech company.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that sometimes it's hard to focus with the current office layout because I get distracted easily. This isn't really a con though because we have "no meetings/heads down" 2 days a week to focus on deep work and the company provides Bose headphones. I really can't think of any others...

SimplePractice2019-07-16
  7. "A company that does well at doing good"

Current Employee - Associate Product Owner in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SimplePractice full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Fantastic product that actually helps people doing good work. - Company full of friendly, competent, intelligent, unique people. - Competitive salaries and benefits. - Beautiful office - you feel taken care of here. - Not workaholics - you're expected to do your work but also take care of yourself and have a social life.

Cons

- Open office floor plan can be stressful and distracting. - Change is a constant, you have to be able to pivot quickly.

SimplePractice2019-06-28

"Excellent place to add your value"

I have been working at SimplePractice full-time for more than a year

Pros

SimplePractice not only provides flexibility and control to their customers, but also to their employees. There is no higher metric out there currently for measuring a company's success than that of employee happiness. Happy employees = Happy customers. There's not just one reason SimplePractice is the top EHR platform out there, but many: Advancement is merit-based, ideas are listened to and assessed equally, quality is a driving force across the board, the "why" is actively thought of and shared, regular feedback is given, and colleagues are a pleasure to work with. Of course there are also perks (snacks, alcohol, outings, great benefits, etc.), but they certainly don't begin to scratch the surface of how important is to work somewhere where you can be your best self each day (and strive to be even better the next).

Cons

This professional environment isn't one in which everyone can flourish. You need to absolutely be able to embrace change and innovation. We move quickly because our customers are at the forefront of all of our decisions, and you need to be able to keep up. While everything moves astonishingly fast, all decisions are made carefully and logically, nothing ever feels like a surprise. If you're focused on growth and improvement and armed with critical thinking skills, you should definitely be up for this unique, but incredibly rewarding challenge.

SimplePractice2018-11-14
  9. "Simply amazing"

I have been working at SimplePractice full-time

Pros

Great environment, great people, wonderful environment to learn, grow, and get stuff done.

Cons

Sometimes there isn't any La Croix. I need my hairspray flavored bubbly water!

SimplePractice2018-04-11
  10. "Great job!"

Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at SimplePractice for more than a year

Pros

- Good Atmosphere and team - Good dev process with reviews and CI - You can participate in feature/design discussions and your voice matters

Cons

Haven't found any meaningful cons so far

SimplePractice2018-03-18

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 17 reviews