Summit Promotions Reviews | Glassdoor

Summit Promotions Reviews

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tim Bullard

1. "Great Opportunity to start your own business or make a good income."

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Woburn, MA

I worked at Summit Promotions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Got to travel around the nation to help out different markets. I got to go to the Dallas conference and network with great professionals in the marketing field. They also have great clientele such as Verizon and Home Depot.

Cons

Its not your typical 9-5 job but the hours are very flexible.

Advice to Management

Continue doing a great job!

"Was lied to about everything at my interview."

Former Employee - Promotional Manager in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Promotional Manager in Woburn, MA

I worked at Summit Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some very nice people in this program. As long as you want to work here you will get hired. If you stick it out for long enough you'll get promoted just from the horrible turnover rate.

Cons

I knew that this would be a hard sales job and I was ok with that. However, at my interview I was told that I would be working 40 hour work weeks. In fact, I was working over 48 hours a week. If your group goal isn't met by the time you're supposed to leave you have to stay until the group meets the goal or it just gets too late. They call this "extra mile". Since you are paid commission you are not paid overtime. It looks like you're making more money that way anyway but it actually evens out to about minimum wage for all hours you worked.
    They also lied to me about the ammount of money I would be making. It's minimum wage vs commission. They told me I would be making 70 dollars for each appointment I make. The truth is if the appointment is cancelled, never happens, or just never gets confirmed you don't make any money off working with that customer. This happens quite often that I would say that nobody on any given week gets 100% of their leads to go through. They don't really give you a lot of information on the product you're selling. I was told I was giving customers a free consultation for cabinet refacing and a script I was told never to stray from. After doing some research for customer testimonials, I found that you're actually having customers give permission to allow a door to door salesperson into their house.

And the worst thing is, I left the company over a month ago and they have yet to pay me a single dollar. They haven't even tried to give me my money I have been calling and they said they would mail my check out two weeks ago, and I still haven't seen it.

Advice to Management

Don't overwork your employees. If you're going to work them so many hours at least give them health insurance and benefits. Also, if you paid me on time I never would have written this review in the first place and would have respected you a lot more.

"Don't believe anything they say, they will mislead you!! I fell for it, and now I'm screwed. Scam company!"

Former Employee - "Promotional Manager" Entry Level in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - "Promotional Manager" Entry Level in Boston, MA

I worked at Summit Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Managers and some co-workers were nice. You will learn sales/marketing strategies, and how to deal with the public.

Cons

Long hours, not what you first agree to, wayyy too much driving, they dont pay you for weeks, so your on your own!

Advice to Management

Don't lie to the new hires... if they apply for an assistant manager position, thats what they should be trained for... not entry level with no pay. I started work in October and didnt see my checks until January after I quit!! absolutely ridiculous.

5. "I LOVE MY JOB!"

Current Employee - Leader in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Leader in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Summit Promotions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about Summit Promotions is the Atmosphere! Every single person that works there is more than friendly, they make you feel like you've known them forever! That is the main thing that stuck me! The opportunity to grow is there! I've seen 5 people get promoted right in front of me in 2 weeks! Its unbelievable! The chance to build yourself to the point where you can teach and train others, you feel so important, all in such a short amount of time!

Cons

Its just to much fun, that I forget its a job!

6. "Unreal, one of a kind!"

Former Employee - Leader in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Leader in Woburn, MA

I worked at Summit Promotions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Summit promotions is truly an amazing place to call work. From the energetic, helpful, friendly and sincere secretary Danielle, to the innovative and creative leaders and lets not forget the welcoming, genuine and motivating owner Hernan. Anyone who has the privilege to work for this company is truly lucky. With so many opportunities to grow within the company constantly, (and quickly!) nothing beats Summit. I strongly recommend this as the best of the best if you're interested in building your own business.

Cons

Sad to leave your team when you advance within the company.

Advice to Management

So easy to advance! A great place to build your career!

7. "Love the atmosphere!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Summit Promotions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

young, fun environment! The manager, Hernan, is EXTREMELY friendly and I appreciate his "open-door" policy. Coming from a retail background working at the Burlington mall, I never saw an opportunity to make a career out of it. After working with Summit Promotions I'm finally excited to use my degree towards something promising!

Cons

The location of the building is not ideal... I'd prefer to be closer to the city but at least we don't have to sit through traffic to get to work!!