TAL Group Reviews | Glassdoor

TAL Group Managing Partner and Founder Imad Lakkis
Imad Lakkis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. ""Great culture!""

Current Employee - Pharmacy Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at TAL Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work at Tal Group full-time

Great place to kick start a sales or recruitment career. Earning potential is unlimited. You will learn a lot about recruiting. I.T. and Pharmacy recruitment is well managed. You will be speaking with people on the phone and in-person all day long so your communication skills will get very strong. Great opportunity for networking as you will meet people from all different companies and learn about what it's like to work at all these different businesses. Management has an open door concept. Help from management is always there if you need it. Very easy to get promoted within the company if you are good. Management keeps it fun and the Marketing keeps it fun in the office with monthly team lunches and raffles. Its very uplifting to work for a company that appreciates its employees once a month.

Cons

Very fast-paced environment. Priorities can change on a dime depending on the needs of clients and where the biggest opportunities lie.You need to work with urgency at all times. Everything always needs to be done yesterday.

Advice to Management

Keep the interaction with the employees daily. Its nice to see management work hard and play hard at the same time.

2. "Technical Recruiter"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at TAL Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great location and lots of jobs to work on. You can get some good experience if you're junior and want to learn more about IT

Cons

There is a lot of micromanagement even though they don't think so. A lot of pressure to hit your numbers and sometimes that affects the real focus which is to fill jobs.

Advice to Management

Try to listen more to your employees and learn how to trust them, you won't regret it. Offer more opportunities for career advancement.

3. "A Fun, Young, Tech-Savvy Company"

I have been working at TAL Group full-time

Pros

Monthly functions, room to grow, on all social media means, work with some of the best clients.

Cons

No matter your position, it can get quite stressful.

"Good experience overall"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at TAL Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Location is awesome and is a Yonge competitive environment.

Also there is a multicultural environment with a good number of women representation.

Owners are not as bullies as described in other reviews. They joke a lot yes and their sense of humor let's say is obscure but very FUN.

They are very close to all employees. If you are very sensitive probably is not the company for you.

They make jokes but allows other people to joke with them as well. They won't be offended.

Cons

Salaries are not the best

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees needs. Tal Group can be way better if you do. There's a lot of talent on the company

5. "Great name is stand behind!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at TAL Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great company culture
    - You get help from every member on this team
    - Honesty
    - In regards to the actual work TAL does, TAL is amazing in IT recruitment and finds those niche talent that even the bigger sized recruitment agencies can't.
    - Monthly raffles
    - Monthly Lunches / Weekly treats
    - Coffee machine
    - Very respected name in the industry
    - Great location (heart of Downtown Toronto)

Cons

I'm not even saying this because I'm a current employee but there is no Con's I can think of. My teammates are amazing and helpful. I have a great manager/boss that is fair and wants to see you succeed. We have an amazing marketing manager that not only helps our showcase our company/jobs the proper way but holds great company outings. The only Con I can think of is that I live a bit far from work, so in the winter is brutal.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing because it's working. You know when you wake up in the morning and it doesn't even feel like work, it's a good sign.

"One of the best companies ever worked at"

I have been working at TAL Group full-time

Pros

- location
    - numerous positions to work on on an ongoing basis
    - the team works extremely well together and supports each other
    - many fun activities as mentioned in other reviews
    - Management team truly cares about their staff
    - If you're a performer, you income potential in limetless

Cons

Need to grow the team size to cover the number of open positions.

DON'T believe the fake negative reviews from envious none-performs, staff or competition.

Advice to Management

Keep building on the the amazing team in place and lets go for another record year!

"Marketing & Communications Manager"

Current Employee - Communications Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Communications Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at TAL Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

THE TEAM
    Of TAL Group's team, approximately 20% have been with the company for 5+ years. While relatively small (25-30 people), TAL's team functions very similarly to a family. Everyone is supportive to one another, and enthusiastic about new initiatives. Personally, it reminds me a lot of 'The Office' - the directors are kind, personalities unique & fantastic memories made over time. (I've now been with the company for 3 years)

LOCATION
    Ideal and very central - TAL Group's HQ is located at the corner of King & Yonge.

WORK-LIFE BALANCE
    Fair. While the project line-up can be challenging and assignments may have quick turnovers, leadership is extremely understanding and sensitive to personal obligations. Should you require a flexible schedule or time off, both directors are understanding and compassionate.

CULTURE & BENEFITS
    Fantastic. Despite being a smaller organization, this company offers fantastic health & medical benefits, monthly team lunches, quarterly outings (including bowling, ping pong tournaments, Go Karting, etc.) and competitive holiday bonuses.

SUMMARY
    Prior to being with TAL Group, I worked for a number of Fortune 500 organizations whose culture couldn't compare. This small company is a gem in the city and those who work here know they are lucky to be part of its team.

Cons

Challenging workload at times - but that is to be expected of any growing organization.

Advice to Management

Thanks for being fantastic directors!

"Terrible owners and managers"

I worked at TAL Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

easy to get to, some very fun, helpful people working there that don't realize how many other places are so much better.

Cons

Bosses and managers are absolute bullies and threatening. Not a good place to work at all.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves and go to management school to understand how to treat people. And understand that your employees are, in fact ..... PEOPLE

"Worst Agency to work at ever"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at TAL Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

location is easily accessible by subway

Cons

- poor management that have no clue about the industry
    - management treats recruiters like slaves while account managers don't do their jobs and get praise
    - book of business outdated. Losing most of their clients for being incompetent
    - new rules and policies get put in place daily to reward mediocrity while handcuffing recruiters
    - Shady management bordering on sexual harassment

Overall, this place is a complete zoo with recruiters stealing each other's candidates, account managers that have no idea what they are doing, and a pair of senior managers that have no business running a company. In today's business, successful companies realize that they are only as strong as their staff. This company doesn't care about their staff or anything else but their wallets.

Also, don't read the positive reviews of this company on here. They were written internally to minimize the effect of the bad reviews which are all true.

Advice to Management

Bullying employees doesn't work in 2016. Get your act together and start looking at the top for all your troubles. Also leading by example wouldn't hurt.

"Worked there 10 years ago in a building that resembles Syria."

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Director of Sales in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I worked at TAL Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

Spent 2 years @ Tal Group, got along with the owners quite well. Went to Canadas Wonderland for a staff day, was a great time.

Cons

Pay structure was a joke, low base if any, commissions were not substantial enought to motivate hard work to succeed. The office was terrible, no AC in the summers + the biggest reason I left was the on going kindergarten class in recruitment sales between the middle manager and everyone else. It got to the point I resented Monday mornings because it was a full 5 days till the next weekend. Backstabbing, yelling, insulting, and theft of accounts made sure the turnover was an ever revolving door. It has been 8 years since I left and by the looks of many people that have worked there ... it seems nothing has changed.

Advice to Management

If the 2 of them have not figured it out by now, I choose not to waste my time with advice.

TAL Group Response

Apr 21, 2016 – Online Brand Ambassador

Thank you for this constructive feedback. Our ongoing commitment is to the happiness of our employees, and these remarks have been duly noted. Wishing you all the best in your job search and wherever... More