TAL Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
TAL Group Managing Partner and Founder Imad Lakkis
Imad Lakkis

1. "Good experience overall"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at TAL Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Location is awesome and is a Yonge competitive environment.

Also there is a multicultural environment with a good number of women representation.

Owners are not as bullies as described in other reviews. They joke a lot yes and their sense of humor let's say is obscure but very FUN.

They are very close to all employees. If you are very sensitive probably is not the company for you.

They make jokes but allows other people to joke with them as well. They won't be offended.

Cons

Salaries are not the best

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees needs. Tal Group can be way better if you do. There's a lot of talent on the company

2. "Great name is stand behind!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at TAL Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great company culture
    - You get help from every member on this team
    - Honesty
    - In regards to the actual work TAL does, TAL is amazing in IT recruitment and finds those niche talent that even the bigger sized recruitment agencies can't.
    - Monthly raffles
    - Monthly Lunches / Weekly treats
    - Coffee machine
    - Very respected name in the industry
    - Great location (heart of Downtown Toronto)

Cons

I'm not even saying this because I'm a current employee but there is no Con's I can think of. My teammates are amazing and helpful. I have a great manager/boss that is fair and wants to see you succeed. We have an amazing marketing manager that not only helps our showcase our company/jobs the proper way but holds great company outings. The only Con I can think of is that I live a bit far from work, so in the winter is brutal.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing because it's working. You know when you wake up in the morning and it doesn't even feel like work, it's a good sign.

"One of the best companies ever worked at"

I have been working at TAL Group full-time

Pros

- location
    - numerous positions to work on on an ongoing basis
    - the team works extremely well together and supports each other
    - many fun activities as mentioned in other reviews
    - Management team truly cares about their staff
    - If you're a performer, you income potential in limetless

Cons

Need to grow the team size to cover the number of open positions.

DON'T believe the fake negative reviews from envious none-performs, staff or competition.

Advice to Management

Keep building on the the amazing team in place and lets go for another record year!

"Marketing & Communications Manager"

Current Employee - Communications Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Communications Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at TAL Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

THE TEAM
    Of TAL Group's team, approximately 20% have been with the company for 5+ years. While relatively small (25-30 people), TAL's team functions very similarly to a family. Everyone is supportive to one another, and enthusiastic about new initiatives. Personally, it reminds me a lot of 'The Office' - the directors are kind, personalities unique & fantastic memories made over time. (I've now been with the company for 3 years)

LOCATION
    Ideal and very central - TAL Group's HQ is located at the corner of King & Yonge.

WORK-LIFE BALANCE
    Fair. While the project line-up can be challenging and assignments may have quick turnovers, leadership is extremely understanding and sensitive to personal obligations. Should you require a flexible schedule or time off, both directors are understanding and compassionate.

CULTURE & BENEFITS
    Fantastic. Despite being a smaller organization, this company offers fantastic health & medical benefits, monthly team lunches, quarterly outings (including bowling, ping pong tournaments, Go Karting, etc.) and competitive holiday bonuses.

SUMMARY
    Prior to being with TAL Group, I worked for a number of Fortune 500 organizations whose culture couldn't compare. This small company is a gem in the city and those who work here know they are lucky to be part of its team.

Cons

Challenging workload at times - but that is to be expected of any growing organization.

Advice to Management

Thanks for being fantastic directors!

"Terrible owners and managers"

I worked at TAL Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

easy to get to, some very fun, helpful people working there that don't realize how many other places are so much better.

Cons

Bosses and managers are absolute bullies and threatening. Not a good place to work at all.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves and go to management school to understand how to treat people. And understand that your employees are, in fact ..... PEOPLE

"Worst Agency to work at ever"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at TAL Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

location is easily accessible by subway

Cons

- poor management that have no clue about the industry
    - management treats recruiters like slaves while account managers don't do their jobs and get praise
    - book of business outdated. Losing most of their clients for being incompetent
    - new rules and policies get put in place daily to reward mediocrity while handcuffing recruiters
    - Shady management bordering on sexual harassment

Overall, this place is a complete zoo with recruiters stealing each other's candidates, account managers that have no idea what they are doing, and a pair of senior managers that have no business running a company. In today's business, successful companies realize that they are only as strong as their staff. This company doesn't care about their staff or anything else but their wallets.

Also, don't read the positive reviews of this company on here. They were written internally to minimize the effect of the bad reviews which are all true.

Advice to Management

Bullying employees doesn't work in 2016. Get your act together and start looking at the top for all your troubles. Also leading by example wouldn't hurt.

"Worked there 10 years ago in a building that resembles Syria."

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Director of Sales in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I worked at TAL Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

Spent 2 years @ Tal Group, got along with the owners quite well. Went to Canadas Wonderland for a staff day, was a great time.

Cons

Pay structure was a joke, low base if any, commissions were not substantial enought to motivate hard work to succeed. The office was terrible, no AC in the summers + the biggest reason I left was the on going kindergarten class in recruitment sales between the middle manager and everyone else. It got to the point I resented Monday mornings because it was a full 5 days till the next weekend. Backstabbing, yelling, insulting, and theft of accounts made sure the turnover was an ever revolving door. It has been 8 years since I left and by the looks of many people that have worked there ... it seems nothing has changed.

Advice to Management

If the 2 of them have not figured it out by now, I choose not to waste my time with advice.

Apr 21, 2016 – Online Brand Ambassador

Thank you for this constructive feedback. Our ongoing commitment is to the happiness of our employees, and these remarks have been duly noted. Wishing you all the best in your job search and wherever ... More

9. "An Excellent Agency!"

Former Employee - IT Resource Specialist in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - IT Resource Specialist in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at TAL Group full-time

Pros

• Energetic, Motivated management team
    • Excellent location, downtown financial district, very close to King Station and Union Station
    • Excellent mentorship, ongoing support, training and development
    • Work hard play hard team
    • Good Autonomy in the workplace
    • Fantastic culture with monthly themed team lunches and prize raffles
    • Access to excellent resources, best practices and recruitment strategies
    • Fantastic companies from small start ups, consulting companies and high profile fortune 500 companies
    • Great potential to make lots of money

Cons

Hard to think of any at the moment. I highly respect the team at Tal Group.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, solid clients and motivating your recruiters to be better at what they do! Thank You!

Apr 21, 2016 – Online Brand Ambassador

We very much appreciate your honest feedback. Your suggested areas of improvement will be discussed at our monthly meeting. Happy to hear you enjoyed our monthly team events and wishing you all the ... More

10. "Best place I ve ever worked"

Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at TAL Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is one of the best in the business; you will learn, grow, evolve and advance with the company. Below are few of the reasons why

-Excellent mentorship from Upper Management
    -Opportunity to learn tech
    -Access to tons of clients from San Fran based start ups to fortune 500
    -Lots of money to be made
    -Exceptional and on going training program
    -Monthly catered food and prize raffle
    - Access to all resources to help the recruiters succeed (Linkedin recruiter, Monster, Indeed,Talentbin etc)
    -People love coming to work here

Cons

-None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Apr 21, 2016 – Online Brand Ambassador

Thank you for your feedback! It is lovely to hear your experience with TAL Group was so positive and your thoughts have been duly noted. Wherever your career next takes you, we wish you the best of ... More

11. "Great compnay!"

I have been working at TAL Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work, really enjoy working with my colleagues, challenging assignments in a positive work environment. Very knowledgeable upper management and open to work with, great knowledge-base portal, great communication, good location (downtown right next to the subway), good benefits, monthly events and lunches are a lot of fun.

Cons

Due to competitive industry, recruitment can stressful. Fast paced environment, tight deadlines.

Advice to Management

Good job!

Oct 30, 2015 – Online Brand Ambassador

Thank you so much for this honest feedback! We will pass it onto senior management for discussion in our monthly meeting.