Talentrust Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Kathleen Quinn Votaw

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great culture and caring environment"

Current Employee - Coordinatr in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Coordinatr in Denver, CO

I have been working at Talentrust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love my team and who I work with and for. Very fun and empowering.

Cons

Sometimes not enough resouces to get all the work done.

Advice to Management

Be open to resource discussions and what we need to do a good job

Apr 11, 2017 – COO

Great to see 5 stars and hear you are enjoying your team! Good feedback about resources and I appreciate the desire to always take great care of our clients. Resources is a constant balancing act... More

2. "Flexible"

Current Employee - Recruitment Services Manager in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Recruitment Services Manager in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Talentrust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment and flexible for working Mom's.

Cons

Company is growing and changing constantly and sometimes it can be confusing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and open communication.

Nov 29, 2016 – COO

It's great to hear that you appreciate the flexibility and that it works well for you and your family. Also, we certainly appreciate your comments about transparency and communication. Our goal is... More

"RUN WAY."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Talentrust (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing I can say at this time.

Cons

One of the worst career decisions I have ever made. The environment was toxic, the management was abrasive and Kathleen does not practice what she preaches. My advice would be to RUN! I was sold on a position and a "flexible" environment but once I was in the door it was apparent right away that I had been lied to. It took months for me to shake the feeling of disgust from the position and I was advise anyone to think twice before you accept.

Advice to Management

I would offer advice, however, I know that nothing will change. Blanketed answers such as "this environment doesn't work for everyone" don't fix the major internal issues that are going on. Wake up!

Nov 29, 2016 – COO

I'm always disappointed when it doesn't work out and clearly this was not a good match. We certainly aren't the perfect spot for everyone and welcome the feedback both positive and negative so we... More

"Small company with opportunities, but very disappointing overall experience"

Former Employee - Recruitment Services Manager in Denver, IA
    Former Employee - Recruitment Services Manager in Denver, IA

Pros

Solid company values
    Position is a remote position and working from home as advantages

Cons

Pay is extremely low
    Unmanageable work load
    There have been many problems with the Directors

Advice to Management

Hire Directors that are true leaders and can successfully manage their teams.
    Remind Directors that is is inappropriate to talk negatively about other employees and the executive team.
    Hire more employees overall so the clients will be happy with the service provided.

May 24, 2016 – COO

Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry not all of our leadership efforts are meeting your expectations. I never want anyone to feel as though others are engaging in gossip and I want you to know, I... More

"Experience has been very positive, much different from previous reviews."

Current Employee - Coordinator in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Denver, CO

I have been working at Talentrust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best thing about working for TalenTrust is that it is a small company that cares about its employees and is always finding ways to improve every aspect about the business.

After reading previous reviews it is obvious to me that the CEO as well as the entire leadership team has learned from past mistakes/experiences and is devoted to growth and learning of the organization and those in it. In addition, if the reviews from 2013 and prior are accurate as to what the culture was like then, it is obvious that the organization has listened to feedback and made a lot of changes since those ratings were relevant.

No two days are the same! That's the beauty of working with a small and growing company! The culture is always improving and always being monitored. This can make for an exciting and ever changing work environment, which can make some people feel like the organization lacks consistency. I can speak from experience to say that TalenTrust definitely does not lack consistency but has gained the ability to change with the market as well as with the feedback and needs of the employees.

Cons

With TalenTrust you will find what you normally would in a small, growing, disruptive organization. You will find a value placed on high character and a job that is demanding. Although not a negative aspect to me personally, the hours at TalenTrust can be long and the workload can be heavy. The job security and ownership of working for such a close knit group, who are all pulling for the same thing makes the long hours worth the time and future possibilities of working with this awesome group.

Advice to Management

Each member of the leadership/management team brings their own unique skills to the table but as a group you can't ask for a more caring and genuine group.

May 24, 2016 – COO

Thank you for your excitement about working for a small dynamic organization, it's one of my favorite things about the company as well! We're certainly not perfect but continue working every day to... More

6. "Innovative recruitment service company"

Current Employee - Recruitment Services Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Talentrust part-time (More than a year)

Pros

TalenTrust is a growing company which offers great growth and learning opportunities for it's staff. Working from home offers great flexibility, but can make it hard to shut down at times. TalenTrust has some great clients and it is fun to get immersed in their business cultures.

Cons

The work load can be a bit high so individuals need to be self motivated.

"Good for your resume - broken structure/process"

I have been working at Talentrust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing is better than working from home; when you have children or work far from a major city, this is a great opportunity. It looks good on your resume because of the hard work you do on a daily basis.

Cons

The requisition load is unrealistic and if you are not a Director, you are treated like an executive assistant; they hire people with years of recruiting experience who are much more qualified than the work they are given.

Advice to Management

Let everyone have a say in what happens instead of just the extremely tenured employees; hire enough workers to get the job done efficiently, instead of working the current employees to the bone.

"This was not a great experience. Kathleen and Eileen were not nice to the employees."

Former Employee - Director of Service Excellence in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Director of Service Excellence in Denver, CO

I worked at Talentrust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The co-workers were great the management not!

Cons

This was an experience that was a nightmare. Horrible management that spoke down to the employees. They do not share the truth with the clients and ask all of the Director's of Service Excellence to not share how many clients we actually service.

It was the biggest nightmare and highly recommend everyone to do their homework. The management has to be bi-polar. They yell, screech and are absolutely unprofessional. We worked around 75 hours a week and that still was not enough. This would be why there is such turnover.

Advice to Management

Treat people more professionally and do not lie to the clients.

9. "Rapidly growing, innovative company with lots of opportunity for the right professionals"

Current Employee - Operations in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Operations in Golden, CO

I have been working at Talentrust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The business model is truly innovative and compelling to employees and clients. The work environment is very flexible and allows teams a lot of autonomy to manage clients and deliverables. Expectations are high as the level of service expected by clients is nothing less than outstanding. For the person with the right attitude and aptitude to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment this is a great place to build a career with significant opportunities for growth.

Cons

The business is small and growing quickly so there are inherent uncertainties and modifications of strategy which is not uncommon for a business at this stage. This type of business is not for everyone. If you are unable to be flexible, innovative and adaptable to change you will not do well in this environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to care about your employees and focus on building a strong lasting culture that challenges employees to be their best and deliver great service to clients. Keep the communication open and transparent with both the good and the bad. Great visionary leadership. Provide increased opportunities for face to face interactions with team.

10. "High Growth company with lots of potential"

Current Employee - Specialist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Talentrust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great flexiblity and learning experience.

Cons

Heavy workload due to growth