Technology Navigators Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Robert Taylor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"The real opportunity to make a difference for people"

Current Employee - Back Office Operations in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Back Office Operations in Austin, TX

I have been working at Technology Navigators full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Commitment. TN is a pretty tight nit team of warriors for the good cause = helping people. We don’t really mess around when it comes to what we do because people are depending on us. Far beyond “just a number”, each person we work with is the life blood of what we do here. And we’re REALLY GOOD at what we do here! We honor the people we’re working for and each other, because we know above all else… we’re in this together. That kind of clear direction, team work, accountability and dedication makes me love the company I work for and my peers that help make it happen. We do so much more than just find people jobs. We connect them with the people they need to know to grow!

The company also has some great perks like Beer Fridays, cool off sight Team Builds (like boat rides & zip lining), free onsite gym and some flexibility in work/life balance. We have sitting/standing desks, giant bean bags for our meeting space and a karaoke machine; all inside a beautifully naturally lit glass office overlooking Lake Austin and the 360 bridge. It’s a great space to do work in.

Cons

The Debbie Downers. Most of us are pretty gung-ho about what we do. Clear that each conversation is actually an opportunity to make a difference in someone else’s life. When our placements enjoy the place they work, life just works better and we want that for them just as much as we want that for ourselves. But every once in a while we will have a bad hire. Someone who is just in it for the ride, doesn’t perform, doesn’t participate, doesn’t connect, doesn’t want to be responsible for their part and essentially just goes around poisoning the water with ineffectiveness and negativity. Thank goodness they don’t last long, but I hate the impact it has on us all while they are here. Some may say it is high turnover, but in the big picture I see it more like a healthy pruning.

Advice to Management

It’s impossible to acknowledge people too much. Keep up the good work!
    Keep on searching for the best of the best!
    Stay positive!

"SEE NON-EMPLOYEE REVIEWS FOR ACCURATE FEEDBACK"

Pros

If I had to say something perhaps the view.

Cons

See notes from NONEMPLOYEES as my experience tends to match their feedback.

There are ABJ Lists hanging in the conference room from 10 years ago showing the SAME REVENUE as what they tell candidates the company currently has. ZERO growth in 10 years. Disfunction in the leadership drives the stagnant nature of the business.

Advice to Management

Advice? Laughable. If I talked to a wall it would listen better than management.

Jul 5, 2016 – Operations Manager

In 2009/2010, when the economy declined, revenue dipped for us. As most businesses did, we reset and adjusted where necessary and have been on a consistent steady incline ever since. We started out... More

3. "Finally...people who care!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Technology Navigators full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people here care about their job, their company and their team mates!

Cons

When management makes a hiring mistake and hires someone who turns out to care a lot less than they thought they would. They should fire faster if it turns out someone doesn't care about their job, company or team mates!

Advice to Management

Make hiring your number one skill as a leadership team and fire fast if you make a mistake! We love our culture of caring!

4. "Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Technology Navigators full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a current employee of TN, I'm confident in knowing that my opinion matters to the management team, that I am respected and thought highly of, and that what matters to me outside of work is also just as important as what I bring to the company. It is honestly the first company I've worked for that provides absolute transparency, as well as usable support, in order to facilitate me being the best at what I do. I am more than compensated for my work, and thoroughly enjoy coming to work everyday.

Cons

Finding people their dream job is hard work, and at times can seem more like an altruistic endeavor. It requires a lot of time, energy and focus. This can be a hard for some people who are unable to put in the hours to see a job through. Even though we are always doing fun activities, there will be a times in which you will have to work just as hard in order to reach your goals. But I've never been asked to work beyond reason, devote more time than which I was compensated, or to accomplish tasks I was incapable of completing.

"Great small local business with some insecurity issues"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Technology Navigators (Less than a year)

Pros

Externally: fair to candidates and customers / Internally: clientele, the view, beer fridge.

Cons

Improper handling of clientele (too much reliance on relationship vs effort); micro-management; turnover.

Advice to Management

Only hire introverts that like to keep quiet and just work.

Apr 25, 2016 – Operations Manager

Technology Navigators prides itself on being a relationship oriented business. Relationships with our clients and candidates is our priority and one of our core values. This will never change. We... More

6. "Terrible work experience"

Former Employee - Business Analyst Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Business Analyst Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Technology Navigators (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely not one single thing.

Cons

Terrible management. Terrible work conditions. Physical location of 'office' was called the dungeon by entire company.

Feb 15, 2016 – Operations Manager

This post is about a former client’s office our team member worked for - not Technology Navigators.

Technology Navigators is located in the cliffs above the 360 bridge with a stunning... More

"Fun culture, high turnover..."

I worked at Technology Navigators full-time

Pros

People are fun and full of energy. Great customer base and candidate pool. Beer fridge Friday's are always fun. Good culture in general.

Cons

Have a tendency to walk employees out because they do not fit the mold despite performance. Lots of turnover.

8. "Tech Nav"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX

I worked at Technology Navigators full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a great pay structure and opportunity to make a great living. Great culture and team building and open management policy. They have a great book of business and really strive to be the best. They live what they preach and enforce the vision with an iron fist.

Cons

The only con to working here is that you are never really sure if you will be here from day to day. They keep you always on edge and worry about your job security. You might get told that you are growing and on track one day and the next day you are told that there is chatter and you might want to pick up your game. Truth be told I loved it there and learned a lot from the management. I felt that I was part of the team. I would love to grow my skills in the next year or two and go back and kill it. I know I had the skills and the passion. Just didn't have the room to spread my wings and do it my way to succeed.

Advice to Management

The only advice is to the market manager. You are a great leader and motivator. You just need to let your employees develop there own style and use there natural talents to grow. LET YOUR PROCESS GO some and be fluid with each individuals own styles and strengths. Shout out to my team there and I will be a major competitor to yall. I am going to make it my mission to beat you in every way during my career. Hope all is well and will see you on the battlefield. WAZ UP MY MAN NEWT!!!!!

Oct 13, 2015 – Operations Manager

Great feedback! Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together. We're always looking to grow as individuals, as teams and as a company - feedback like this is how we do just that... More

9. "Great place to grow."

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX

I worked at Technology Navigators full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked there for about a year and and half after moving to Austin. If you're looking for a smaller company with room to grow this is a great option for you. The company provides an excellent environment to enhance not only your professional growth - but your personal growth, as well. The team is always very motivated. Healthy-competitive environment. Enjoyed the team challenges and outside education. Fun and encouraging management team - willing to be flexible with you in order to provide you with the most beneficial work schedule. You are provided the ability to examine new tools and pursue outside education, collaborative work environment, diverse client base - gives you the opportunity to provide services to a variety of companies from smaller start ups larger enterprise organizations.

Cons

Consistency. Getting to offices off 360 are tough in morning and afternoon traffic.

Advice to Management

The management is very motivated to grow the company and continues to. In the short time that I was there - the changes were noticeable. They are doing a great job.

10. "Complete Cluster"

Pros

If you're remotely competent, you look like a rockstar.

Cons

Everyone there is a mess. There are a lot of power struggles and promises not being fulfilled. This is completely a 7:45-5:30 job and they WILL look at you funny if you take a lunch.

Advice to Management

Try and create a culture and stop hiring these outside consultants to do it for you.

Oct 30, 2014 – Operations Manager

When we interview potential employees, we speak about one of our core values “Dedication”. We work hard (as most successful people do) and we play hard. While our business hours are 8am - 5pm... More