KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technology Navigators Reviews

Updated Oct 11, 2021

Found 21 of over 25 reviews

3.9
Technology Navigators Managing Director Allen Goldsmith (no image)
Allen Goldsmith
  1. 5.0

Technical Writer

Apr 8, 2020 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very nice recruiters. Always available for follow up. Client was amazing and professional. I felt valued even though it was a short-term contract.

Cons

No cons, but this is 5 word minimum

1 person found this review helpful

Recruitment Marketing Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback! We're happy to hear your experience with Technology Navigators and the end-client was great all-around. Looking forward to working together again when the timing is right!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great opportunity

Oct 11, 2021 - Lead Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Several jobs to work, great people, a lot of opportunity

Cons

Process is somewhat broken but working to make it better

Recruitment Marketing Manager

Thank you for your recent review! We are always working to improve processes and procedures, so we truly value and appreciate your feedback. If you have any specific recommendations, please feel to reach out to us directly -- recruiting@technologynavigators.com.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Employee Review

May 4, 2020 - Technical Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Central Office Location - Beer Fridge - Small Team - Uncapped Commission - Quarterly team building

Cons

- No 401k matching - No growth - PTO does not roll over

2 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Marketing Manager

Although we hate to see a less than stellar outlook on your experience with us, we do appreciate your feedback. Our panoramic view of Austin is certainly easy on the eyes and the strong team culture we've created throughout the years is something we truly value. As we continue to grow our company, we look forward to providing employees with more great benefits and building on the incentives currently in place. Although we don't offer PTO rollover, we happily pay out our employees for unused PTO days at the end of each year -- but we highly encourage everyone to take time to live life outside of the office! Our team has always exercised flexibility towards tailoring roles to meet employees' career goals as it aligns with current market needs, and we will continue to do so for years to come. Wishing you the best in your next venture!

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fabulous company!

Sep 6, 2019 - Software Development Engineer In Test in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

reliable, trustworthy, skilled, professional, caring! I worked with Technology Navigators for nearly three years. They interviewed me and got to know me and what I truly wanted in my career. They placed me as an SDET at my dream job. My paychecks were managed, vacation times, medical leave, etc. I never had a problem reaching out to them. My calls were always taken immediately by the friendly staff. I was included in company holiday parties and always felt apart of the team. My salary was great. My client extended an offer to me and I accepted it, which is the only reason why I left Tech Nav. I would definitely contact them again for any future career changes. 5 stars all around!

Cons

I really enjoyed working with them and have nothing negative to say.

2 people found this review helpful

Sourcing Specialist, Internal Recruiter

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experiences with us! It was a pleasure to be able to work together and we wish you all the best!

5. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Jun 4, 2019 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun happy hours Beer fridge Great culture People who care Paid cell phone Flexible schedules Management really cares and wants you to succeed. Training

Cons

There wasn’t too many cons of working here.

1 person found this review helpful

Sourcing Specialist, Internal Recruiter

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us! Here at Technology Navigators, we truly value each and every employee, both internal and external, so we're pleased to hear you enjoyed your tenure with us. Best wishes!!

6. 4.0

Top Notch Training

Dec 29, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are looking to kick off your career in recruiting, or simply work with some of the most skilled recruiters in the industry than this is the place you want to work. The Market Manager has over 30 years of experience, and his old school methodologies will take your career to the next level. His lessons are tough and in your face, sometimes they make no sense at first, but if you have tough skin and are willing to learn you will succeed in any recruiting firm you work for. Recruiting is not for everyone, it takes tough skin, grit, and the ability to persist through tough times, but what you learn here will prepare you for the tough but (Financially) rewarding career ahead of you. The client base that Tech Nav works with is by far one of the best in the industry, they have developed relationships with some of the best software companies in Austin.

Cons

The cons I saw may not be relevant now as things change every year, and the company as a whole is consistently making changes to improve their systems and processes to retain top talent. No company is perfect, every company has its Pro's and Con's - but rest assured Tech Nav will at least train you to be successful.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

The real opportunity to make a difference for people

Jul 5, 2016 - Back Office Operations in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Commitment. TN is a pretty tight nit team of warriors for the good cause = helping people. We don’t really mess around when it comes to what we do because people are depending on us. Far beyond “just a number”, each person we work with is the life blood of what we do here. And we’re REALLY GOOD at what we do here! We honor the people we’re working for and each other, because we know above all else… we’re in this together. That kind of clear direction, team work, accountability and dedication makes me love the company I work for and my peers that help make it happen. We do so much more than just find people jobs. We connect them with the people they need to know to grow! The company also has some great perks like Beer Fridays, cool off sight Team Builds (like boat rides & zip lining), free onsite gym and some flexibility in work/life balance. We have sitting/standing desks, giant bean bags for our meeting space and a karaoke machine; all inside a beautifully naturally lit glass office overlooking Lake Austin and the 360 bridge. It’s a great space to do work in.

Cons

The Debbie Downers. Most of us are pretty gung-ho about what we do. Clear that each conversation is actually an opportunity to make a difference in someone else’s life. When our placements enjoy the place they work, life just works better and we want that for them just as much as we want that for ourselves. But every once in a while we will have a bad hire. Someone who is just in it for the ride, doesn’t perform, doesn’t participate, doesn’t connect, doesn’t want to be responsible for their part and essentially just goes around poisoning the water with ineffectiveness and negativity. Thank goodness they don’t last long, but I hate the impact it has on us all while they are here. Some may say it is high turnover, but in the big picture I see it more like a healthy pruning.

5 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0

SEE NON-EMPLOYEE REVIEWS FOR ACCURATE FEEDBACK

Jun 29, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

If I had to say something perhaps the view.

Cons

See notes from NONEMPLOYEES as my experience tends to match their feedback. There are ABJ Lists hanging in the conference room from 10 years ago showing the SAME REVENUE as what they tell candidates the company currently has. ZERO growth in 10 years. Disfunction in the leadership drives the stagnant nature of the business.

5 people found this review helpful

Operations Manager

In 2009/2010, when the economy declined, revenue dipped for us. As most businesses did, we reset and adjusted where necessary and have been on a consistent steady incline ever since. We started out the first quarter reaching the highest milestone in TN’s history. Our outlook is extremely bright moving into next year, we are hiring more staff and continuing to grow. Unfortunately when people don’t see things in a positive light, they won’t bring their A-game and end up leaving negative reviews. As leadership, we are always soliciting feedback from our staff and making changes for the better. While we do everything we can to keep to us all “above the line”, sometimes we have people join on that thrive on playing the blame game. With below the line behaviors, they don’t mix well and ultimately leave. Being and staying positive is really a choice, an empowering one, we encourage all our team to take on.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Finally...people who care!

Apr 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people here care about their job, their company and their team mates!

Cons

When management makes a hiring mistake and hires someone who turns out to care a lot less than they thought they would. They should fire faster if it turns out someone doesn't care about their job, company or team mates!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Place to Work

Apr 25, 2016 - Administrative Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a current employee of TN, I'm confident in knowing that my opinion matters to the management team, that I am respected and thought highly of, and that what matters to me outside of work is also just as important as what I bring to the company. It is honestly the first company I've worked for that provides absolute transparency, as well as usable support, in order to facilitate me being the best at what I do. I am more than compensated for my work, and thoroughly enjoy coming to work everyday.

Cons

Finding people their dream job is hard work, and at times can seem more like an altruistic endeavor. It requires a lot of time, energy and focus. This can be a hard for some people who are unable to put in the hours to see a job through. Even though we are always doing fun activities, there will be a times in which you will have to work just as hard in order to reach your goals. But I've never been asked to work beyond reason, devote more time than which I was compensated, or to accomplish tasks I was incapable of completing.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews