TempWorks Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
David Dourgarian

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "It’s not just a job!"

I have been working at TempWorks Software full-time

Pros

I have been at TempWorks for quite some time. I still learn something new every day. TempWorks is like a huge family. Everyone cares, respects and does whatever they can to help their coworkers. Sometimes it can seem like survival of the fittest, but that means you get to work with the smartest, most talented people. You learn best by working with people smarter than you! I cannot picture myself working anywhere else! I hope to have a very long career at TempWorks.

Cons

It gets busy. When it does get busy there could be extra hours. The extra hours are not required but most employees want to do whatever they can to be sure customers are taken care of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the forward progress. TempWorks has the best, most flexible software available. Keep expanding the possibilities for 3rd party integrations so customers can integrate other packages to stay ahead of their competitors.

2. "Wasn't Going to Review, but Too Many False Positives (Trust me and ignore the positive reviews)"

I worked at TempWorks Software full-time

Pros

Great software solution. Great staff (outside of management)

Cons

Gregg, I'm assuming your are writing the "company response", and honestly, I wouldn't have written this review if I wasn't bothered/concerned by your responses; not sure if it is turning a blind eye or truly not knowing the dysfunction of the organization. The software is absolutely fabulous and I never would have left the organization except the management team is absolutely awful. One of the reviews wrote it best, if you are a smoker, enjoy gossip, and are good at kissing butt you will be fine. In fact, make sure to introduce yourself to Mari right away. The fact that this organization has allowed someone like Mari to stay in a COO role is absolutely absurd. Personally, I have been with a few companies, Tempworks is the only one that I would adamantly tell people NOT to work for.
    *Low Pay
    *Preach competitiveness and creating "successful" former employees but they did nothing to actually make those people successful
    *Little to no training (which they brag about..."we find competitive employees that figure things out and are succesful". That's great, doesn't mean you couldn't supply some training to help them on their way)

Finally, Gregg, please do not respond to this message by saying: "I am sorry you had a negative experience at TempWorks. We've made sure to conduct exit interviews for employees who leave and take any constructive criticism to our executive team". Just do something about it.

Advice to Management

Nothing you can do to improve these people. Melanie is the lone positive person within the management group.

3. "Out of touch with employees and business"

Former Employee - Software Analyst in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Software Analyst in Eagan, MN

I worked at TempWorks Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Snacks & Soda. Some fun activities. People are generally pleasant.

Cons

No additional pay or consideration for on-call phone. Only way to move forward is to "jump into the shark tank" and swim, with little to no help. Training is minimal. They tend not to fix things technically, only offer "Band-Aid" solutions.

Advice to Management

Keep in touch with your employees. Consider how your business decisions effects your clients, and your staff.

"Overall not bad but..."

Current Employee - Support Technician in Eagan, MN

I have been working at TempWorks Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great place to start a career in I.T. There is room for some advancement but not much unless you are an expert in SQL (parameters, variables and formulas).
    Free snacks and pop/coffee are a nice perk. You get to know some of the regular customers that call in and some of them are pretty entertaining. There are several coworkers that become friends outside of work and several that even knew each other prior to working here.
    They have a voluntary OT (during the holiday season) where they'll actually pay you to work OT instead of forcing you (without pay).
    They almost always promote from within and they are growing (but that also leads to growing pains and lots of changes). They are flexible with starting times, ranging from 7-9 and now offer 2 floating holidays as well. PTO almost doubles after year 1.
    It's a pretty nerdy place to work as most people are into video or board games and Star Wars/Trek.
    There usually are a couple company outings that are fun, but you mostly just hang out with your coworkers that you like and don't mingle much with anyone else.
    Insurance is pretty much the same as everywhere : $65/employee, $100/spouse, $300/family (all are per check which is every other week); and a deductible of about $6,000.
    There is a reward system where coworkers can 'thank you' for helping; and you can get gift cards, pizza party or even time off; however, it's not used as much as it could be.
    The main goal of Support is to close tickets and answer calls; that's mostly what they look at.

Cons

There is very little training, so you have to ask a lot of questions since it's a fairly complicated software. If you want to learn, then you have to do it on your own time; outside of work. The Support roles are more Customer Service than SQL.
    If you get a promotion you have to work in your new role for 3 months before getting a raise; and they don't back pay. If you don't 'remind' them, then you never would get a raise.
    You don't always get the help you need and are expected to figure a lot of things out on your own. Some of the customers are down right rude and can be degrading at times.
    You are not allowed time off during late December to February due to their busy season. Having the On Call phone (3-4 weeks a year) can be nerve racking .
    Although they say you are salary, you have to use PTO if you even take 1 hour off and don't get paid for working overtime. You don't work much OT but you'll never work less than 40 hours either.
    The new dress code is a little extreme (no colored hair, no hats or large tattoos or piercings).
    Don't expect upper management to know your name or really talk to you (they usually avoid eye contact all together) and are clicky.

Advice to Management

The customer is NOT always right, management should back their employees instead of throwing them under the bus. I don't think you'd have as high turnover if you actually trained the employees like you do your customers (webinars and shadowing aren't adequate).
    You should have a better testing environment, that actually works, instead of what you have now (which is fairly broken).
    We shouldn't have to work 3 months in a new position before getting a raise; you're a multi-million dollar company and that's just being cheap (by trying to have someone take on more work without more pay).

5. "Software Analyst"

Pros

Great coworkers, lower management, good introductory career in IT

Cons

Upper management conflicts and difficult to read, stressful work, lack of guidance

Advice to Management

Provide more employee feedback, maintain a better sense of management at the upper level, less dysfunction

6. "Enjoy coming to Work!"

I have been working at TempWorks Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere. Lots of little things that never experienced at other companies. Management very aware of work/life balance, very accommodating in that regard.

Cons

Work in a smaller department, which requires some travel. There are times where management isn't available...nothing major.

Advice to Management

Maybe a little more structure.

7. "Very happy with my experience there"

Former Employee - Software in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Software in Eagan, MN

I worked at TempWorks Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was paid well and had a lot of opportunities to further my education and work with modern technology.

Cons

It is a small / family company so there are some things that come with that, that bother some people.

"Great company to work for"

I have been working at TempWorks Software full-time

Pros

Great environment, well led. Company benefits include 4% 401k matching as well as tuition reimbursement. Lots of possibility to move up.

Cons

Turn over can be high. If you don't perform well they are known to let you go. Job industry is very deadline driven and deals with the ever present year end.

Advice to Management

Be a little more transparent with management decisions and deliberations. Don't keep things too much on the "need to know" basis because the decisions then look rash from an outside perspective.

9. "TempWorks - you'll love your job"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Eau Claire, WI
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Eau Claire, WI

I worked at TempWorks Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Web Development team is nothing short of amazing. All team members are extremely knowledgable about many current technologies and are passionate about shipping the best software solutions to their vast customer base. Tempworks is a great place for professional growth and opportunity.

Cons

No cons... point blank, Tempworks is a great company.

Advice to Management

Many accolades for fostering such a great place to work

10. "Great company to start career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at TempWorks Software (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of room for growth in the beginning, never time to get bored. Fantastic benefits if you're single. Fun company culture.

Cons

Hectic work\life balance, too tight deadlines. They went through some growing pains like most companies this size. Business practices sometimes questionable.

Advice to Management

Keep on your path and you're destined to be a great company. Build policy and stick to it.