TempWorks Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
David Dourgarian

1. "Very happy with my experience there"

Former Employee - Software in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Software in Eagan, MN

I worked at TempWorks Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was paid well and had a lot of opportunities to further my education and work with modern technology.

Cons

It is a small / family company so there are some things that come with that, that bother some people.

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Support Technician in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Support Technician in Eagan, MN

I have been working at TempWorks Software full-time

Pros

Great environment, well led. Company benefits include 4% 401k matching as well as tuition reimbursement. Lots of possibility to move up.

Cons

Turn over can be high. If you don't perform well they are known to let you go. Job industry is very deadline driven and deals with the ever present year end.

Advice to Management

Be a little more transparent with management decisions and deliberations. Don't keep things too much on the "need to know" basis because the decisions then look rash from an outside perspective.

3. "TempWorks - you'll love your job"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Eau Claire, WI
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Eau Claire, WI

I worked at TempWorks Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Web Development team is nothing short of amazing. All team members are extremely knowledgable about many current technologies and are passionate about shipping the best software solutions to their vast customer base. Tempworks is a great place for professional growth and opportunity.

Cons

No cons... point blank, Tempworks is a great company.

Advice to Management

Many accolades for fostering such a great place to work

5. "Fun and Challenging Job, Great People"

Current Employee - Software Analyst in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Software Analyst in Eagan, MN

I have been working at TempWorks Software full-time

Pros

Fun and collaborative atmosphere, pleasant and encouraging management that helps point employees in the right direction and listens to employee ideas.

Cons

Year-end crunch can be a bit stressful, but the comraderie of your peers and management helps a lot.

Advice to Management

Keep up the high standards and high morale that have gotten your support team to the wonderful place of teamwork and efficiency that it is in now.

6. "Great company to start career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at TempWorks Software (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of room for growth in the beginning, never time to get bored. Fantastic benefits if you're single. Fun company culture.

Cons

Hectic work\life balance, too tight deadlines. They went through some growing pains like most companies this size. Business practices sometimes questionable.

Advice to Management

Keep on your path and you're destined to be a great company. Build policy and stick to it.

7. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Software Analyst in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Software Analyst in Eagan, MN

I have been working at TempWorks Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome company to work for - management is extremely helpful and always willing to answer questions. This position can be a gateway for many other opportunities throughout the company.

Cons

The industry itself can be stressful (payroll processing)

Advice to Management

Keep hiring quality employees

8. "Tempworks was the best thing that could've happened for my career"

Former Employee - Senior Support Analyst in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Support Analyst in Eagan, MN

I worked at TempWorks Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is full of helpful, friendly employees and extremely supportive management. I grew as a a person and as a career woman. There is so much opportunity to learn new programming languages and tools. I walked in with 0 programming experience but a ton of drive. I left with a intermediate knowledge of SQL.

When you work at Tempworks, you join a family that wants you to be the best you can be. The formal training is brief however, your coworkers are always there. Management does a wonderful job of creating and maintaining a team environment. It's a challenging environment that caters to all learners and personalities. I cannot stress enough how incredible this company is to work for. They help provide a wonderful work/life balance and are very understanding of the fact that sometimes your personal life interrupts your work life.

My experience in support was amazing. I came in intimidated, however I was quickly welcomed by a friendly management team that I could tell right away wanted me to be the best I could. Even though employees are put through a 2 week corporate training to start with, it doesn't start their. I felt well supported by both my co workers and all of the documented processes my entire team contributed to. I had the wonderful opportunity to eventually pass on the knowledge of our payroll/staff management system to both new employees and our customers. This is a skill that will help you for the rest of the career.

Tempworks is an incredibly strong team with each department being a sub-team. While one department can be under a great amount of stress, another with help pick up the slack and pull everyone through. While in Support, I quickly picked up taxes (rules, regulations and the basics). This landed me on the Year End Team that helped clients close out fiscal years. Being on the team was really an experience. I saw every department come together and power through a very stressful time. Regardless of the pressure, everyone was still laughing and everything was very well managed. This kind of performance not only shows how strong you and your teammates are, but how strong your leaders are.

After a solid experience at Tempworks, my skills helped me move on to a International Corporation. My ties to Tempworks are still strong, I still meet with my co-wokers and have made life long best friends. I have become a stronger person, furthered my programming skills and provided connections with clients all across the country. I am forever grateful for Tempworks.

Cons

Year End can be stressful and getting everyone on the same page when it comes to government regulations involving payroll is something that could be worked on.

Advice to Management

At times I felt over worked, under paid and a tad under appreciated. I feel if management scheduled more one on ones or found a way to recognize employees for their handy work a bit more, moral would greatly improve.

"Innovation at every turn with the ability to recognize internal talent"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Eagan, MN

I have been working at TempWorks Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My journey at Tempworks started in the payroll processing department. I worked there for a few months and during this time I focused on learning payroll, taxes, our software, and other key areas of Tempworks while shadowing coworkers and management. I learned from the beginning that Tempworks is a fast paced, results driven environment which I love. Every day here is unique with something new to learn. After a few months, my hard work and due diligence in the payroll department was recognized by management and they decided to offer me an opportunity to move to another position within the company.

The knowledge I have acquired has allowed me to succeed and I can say that the position Tempworks gave me was priceless. The skills I have obtained at Tempworks will be invaluable to me for the rest of my career. The management certainly has an eye for talent and they recognize when an employee goes above and beyond their normal job duties. Our hard work is noticed by Tempworks at all times. Our management team is always looking for ways to better the company, its employees, and its products we provide to our customers. Our CEO and COO are always striving to incorporate real changes to solve big problems in the staffing software industry. Also I can tell you that I have never met such a smart and talented CEO. He consistently has all employee’s best interests in mind when making important decisions. He is a leader here at Tempwoks on a day to day basis. You would be hard pressed to find an employee here that disagrees with this logic.

In the 3 years I have worked here we have doubled and nearly tripled in size, which has led to more hiring and acquisition of more customers. You are assured that you work at a great company when many of the new employees are referrals from current Tempworks employees. Another major reason Tempworks is growing so rapidly is due to the positive work culture. From the free snacks, coffee, and soda, to the overall family feeling at Tempworks, my desire is to continue working here because it has become my second home.

I also wanted to comment on the 1-star reviews on this website, they are simply disgruntled employees who refused to perform their job even to the minimal standards and completely lacked any semblance of a work ethic.

Cons

I would like more company gatherings outside of the day to day operations as i really enjoy getting to know the new faces at Tempworks.

Advice to Management

Continue to look for new ways to expand our company and keep up the hard work!

10. "A company that cares about you and wants to see you succeed."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I have been working at TempWorks Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I first started with the company, I was given the opportunity to broaden my skill set and be challenged in ways I never had been before. The company took a chance on me which I was very grateful for. Since my first day, I have been able to learn a lot of things and become a much more valuable employee. I have always felt supported by my management team throughout my time here and when things seemed to become too overwhelming, management was always willing to discuss this with me and find a way to make it more manageable.

The company has a very relaxed atmosphere that allows you to dress very casually and organize your workplace to meet your comfort needs. The break room offers complimentary pop, coffee, and snacks which has saved me on more than one occasion when I have forgotten to bring a lunch to work. On top of that, the company caters lunch many times throughout the year to say "thanks" and they also throw several company parties/happy hours that allow everyone to get to know each other better and relax after a long day at work.

I have (and would continue) referred several friends to this company. This a company that will reward you if you put in the effort and work. There have been several company changes for the better while I have been employed here, which shows the management team's dedication to making this company great! The staff here is stellar and I have made a lot of great friends along the way. It's wonderful to finally have a job I don't dread coming to everyday.

Cons

Nothing major to report in this area. I think the company has taken great strides to continually monitor employee and customer happiness and make the necessary changes to make sure everyone is getting what they need.

11. "Great experience for those who never want to be bored"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Eagan, MN

I have been working at TempWorks Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At this company, nobody will hold you back from being as good as you are. As a software developer you can make your own decisions about how to write code, and deliver on that practically red-tape free. The place has a nice, relaxed work environment, and I don't think I could find better colleagues than I have right now. They are great people who are really excellent at their jobs.

Cons

TempWorks is a very intense environment, and work life balance can be difficult to maintain. The company also will not baby you. You are on your own to succeed or fail.

Advice to Management

Work harder on working together.