That's Nice Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
That's Nice Managing Director Nigel Walker
Nigel Walker

"Friendly & Fast Paced Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in New York, NY

Pros

-Plenty of opportunities to learn and grow
    -Open office environment, so communication with other departments is easy
    -Company is constantly growing
    -Fast paced atmosphere, time management is a skill that is taught quickly
    -Friendly employees, make themselves available to help
    -Easily accessed in the city

Cons

-Jobs may not be described as clearly as some may like
    -Not enough staff, so jobs continuously pile up on peoples shoulders

Advice to Management

-Hire more staff

"Excellent opportunity, people and working enviornment."

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at That's Nice full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

That's Nice Company provides a very nice environment for the employees to work. Everyone here is very friendly and helpful from the first day I started to work here. The best part is everyone works as a team. Excellent communication is provided by each department to finishing each project. The founder and all the managing Directors and partners are very nice to the all the employees here. All because of this, that is why That’s Nice is keeping growing.

Cons

Just started to work here . No cons for now.

"Growing and Thriving Agency"

Current Employee - Writer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Writer in New York, NY

I have been working at That's Nice full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is friendly and although so many employees have been here for years, there is a welcoming spirit for new people joining the company. There is a true appreciation for hard work and people are measured by their efforts and contributions.
    Numerous opportunities for career growth and development.
    Management is supportive of work/life balance.

Cons

It takes a little time to get to know everyone and understand processes and procedures.
    There are people joining the company in various capacities all around the world.
    Don't always know what everyone is up to.

Advice to Management

Employees appreciate the open communication.

"Client Relationship Director"

Current Employee - Client Relationship Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Relationship Director in New York, NY

Pros

The culture created by the founder, Managing Director and partners are very collaborative with the entire staff. Everyone has a "clients-come-first mentality" with lots of positive energy. Agency continues to grow and create new products for clients.

Cons

None! Keep doing what we are doing! Managing Director and partners teach & groom younger professionals "the right way", everyone is passionate toward the customers which makes the company successful.

Advice to Management

Keep it rolling! A great work atmosphere! Managing Director & partners continue to hire the "right people" and we continue grow and stay true to our customers.

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Research Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Research Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at That's Nice full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are very friendly, there is a lot of room for growth. If you are a dedicated employee you will succeed here. If you show interest in a certain area the management and staff will work with you - this is definitely a perk when working in an agency of this size and indicative of the company culture at That's Nice -- there is accountability and kindness from senior level staff. This is truly a wonderful environment that is defined by both engaging work and a strong sense of in-office community.

Cons

There could be more company events and more perks, such as lunch each week and a dedicated after-work social event, which would help strengthen relationships among staff.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. This is a fast growing agency that is breaking ground across the marketplace - I am excited to be a part of it all!

"Great Place to Start"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at That's Nice full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great office with very cool design. They teach you about marketing and let you interact with customers right away. Very little office politics or games. Management care about results.

Cons

They probably could structure things more. The office is fine for go-getters, but people who aren't self-motivated struggle. It's a good spot for hard working young people, but laziness won't last long.

Advice to Management

I don't understand some of the negative reviews- seriously "I didn't know I had to pay taxes" that kind of speaks for itself. They really should find a way to tell the real story.

"Great learning experience"

Former Employee - Market Research Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Market Research Intern in New York, NY

I worked at That's Nice (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly and flexible environment. Good learning place as the company is very supportive and encouraging.

Cons

Less number of perks and team lunches.

"Great to work with the best!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at That's Nice full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Undoubtably the best agency in the Biotech and Pharma space so it's a great experience to work there and they really have the best clients and projects to work on. People are really nice.

Cons

Usual agency cons with any successful agency which is people are super creative and passionate so it's sometimes stressful working to deadlines.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting the good people to develop and reward them, and build out better succession planning as you are likely to be on this growth spurt for a while

"Nice Opportunity"

Current Employee - Database Research Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Database Research Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

That's Nice is a fast pace company with outstanding ability to gain insight into their clients' relevant issues. The insight enables sales followed by effective and efficient delivery. The company possesses significant growth opportunities within existing agency business as well as adjacent market research business. The team of That's Nice is professional, open to outside opinions and eager to improve.

Cons

Fast growth of the company requires high degree of flexibility from it's employees and contractors. Processes are continuously catching up to growing business. It is however characteristic for companies that are rapidly growing.

Advice to Management

More decisive investment in process and infrastructure will relieve pressure caused by growth.

"Bringing Life back to the Life Sciences"

Current Employee - Director in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Director in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at That's Nice (Less than a year)

Pros

Undeniably, That's Nice is one of the strongest creative agencies in the Life Sciences market. Organizations flock to this team because they know this team will bring a very fresh perspective to the table. The solutions that are dreamed up pump out a grand set of powerful deliverables that truly set brands apart and drum up big, big opportunities for everyone.

Short list of "Pros":

- Focused on the life sciences and thus have built up great expertise on a varity of subjects -- team just knows the market really well and how to navigate the space
    - Highly creative team generates second-to-none deliverables across a wide array of channels
    - Powerful approach to marketing with research at the forefront of all deliverables
    - Always coming up with new ideas and approaches that keep the output fresh, inviting and engaging
    - Team bubbles over with energy -- visit with them at any trade show and you will see what's meant here
    - Simply the best mojo in the business

Cons

Top line issues:

- Unfortunately, every agency struggles with team communication and transparency. This is an area that can be improved across the board. Systems are in place to improve, but more can be done.
    - Traffic management needs to be re-examined. The team gets hammered at various times of the year. The workload could be better managed.
    - Timelines need to be more realistic -- but overall, we need to do a better job following a consistent process in managing our projects.

Advice to Management

I rated the organization with 4-Stars because, honestly, there's always room for improvement.

Awareness of work style
    We need to hold ourselves accountable to course-correct and modify our approach as needed to assure that we’re leading from a position of strength and respectability.

Get to know the teams
    We need to invest more time to understand how our teams are wired to think and what’s required to motivate them to excel beyond what is expected from them.

Clearly define roles and responsibilities
    This is an easy one. Not everyone should or can be expected to do everything all the time. A great team compliments each other’s strengths and differences. At this time, it’s clear we need to scale the team in order not to overload or overwhelm our current talent.

Be proactive, provide feedback
    We need to take more time to provide feedback — both good and bad — to everyone on the team. We can learn a lot from our experience, but these case studies need to be shared more often. And, of course, good feedback should be a two-way street.

Acknowledge and Reward
    The organization needs to acknowledge our strengths and our weaknesses. We must also reward our team through out the year — not once a year - or just when most convenient. If the team or an individual does well, we can all find ways to celebrate their achievements and learn from their success.

Always Celebrate Success
    It’s important to all of us to take the time to live in the moment and recognize what allowed us to cross the finish line. All too often, we make way too much noise around issues and spend little to no time on celebrating what makes us a great team.