The Intuitive Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Matt Sileno

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company"

I worked at The Intuitive Group part-time

Pros

Nice work environment and a lot of place to grow

Cons

Not fit for entry level

2. "Waste of my time and resources."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Vienna, VA

I worked at The Intuitive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros. No pros. No pros.

Cons

Regular door-to-door sales. No job culture. Employees come and go. Completely unnecessary early meetings at some dining place.
    All sales are based on lie. Also, something is wrong with pay period, they withhold it as long as they can. The way they try to brainwash you is ridiculous. There are so much more cons, I just don't want to waste my time again.
    Do not work with this scam company ever!

Advice to Management

Guys, please tell during the interview what the job is really about.

3. "To say the experience was dreadful would be an understatement."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Vienna, VA

I worked at The Intuitive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At the very least, if you happen to be offered a second interview, go spend the day with the individual Sileno will introduce to you. Chances are that the "certified" corporate trainer will take you out to lunch and be very friendly, which is always enticing.

Cons

Job postings from this company boast a fun, positive environment. Instead, individuals can expect berating for dress and the slightest amount of tardiness, a minimum 50-hour work week without overtime (or really any monetary value to your time, considering it's on a commission-only based business model), blatant favoritism, absolutely no compensation for what you'll spend on travelling, and a manager who thinks it's appropriate to lead meetings with the language of a drunk college student (e.g. "F" bombs) while holding associates to perpetually Christian standards for language and discourse. It's simply best to just state that women should not expect to feel welcome or even safe here; for a very minor example, women are expected to wear stilettos for hours on end, all to promote management's "ideal image.". When asked about the insurance plans that are advertised for employees, answers were not given. Simply stated, it would be ill-advised to spend more than six hours near this company.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach, without exception. The worst quality in any leader isn't cowardice, nor is it irresponsibility; it is hypocrisy.

4. "Working for this company was the worst experience."

I worked at The Intuitive Group full-time

Pros

None. Avoid this company if you care at all about ethics.

Cons

The Intuitive Group is an unethical and sexist company.

They illegally withhold pay from their employees.
    They promote a hostile work environment.
    They require women to wear heels in the office (women do not sign an agreement, but management likes to see women in heels and made this a requirement that they enforce).
    They have zero ethics and hire young and naive employees and work them into the ground, and withhold their pay.
    They have an incredibly high employee turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Be ethical.

5. "Fantastic growth both professionally and even personally."

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Vienna, VA

I have been working at The Intuitive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Of all the previous work experience I have acquired in my 7 years in the workforce, I am able to apply all the skills in one workplace. There is a lot of fun to be and here, and there is something to be said about the relationships you build that this company focuses on. This is what we call true teamwork. I am constantly aspiring to achieve more.

Cons

Finding out about your weaknesses is not always fun. The Intuitive Group doesn't shy away from being brutally honest. However in the end, this is what forces one to get better. The long hours are the only "con" I can think of, but this is with any job that invests in building a future and to move up quickly.

Advice to Management

Matt Sileno is the pinnacle of encouragement. Matt, as long as you continue to provide the resources for my success, I will continue to put my best foot forward daily and in the future.

"Great Management Training Program"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Vienna, VA

I worked at The Intuitive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was with The Intuitive Group for several months, until my family decided to move. During that time, I was very blessed to work with Matt and his team. They were thoughtful and friendly, hard work and hard play. The training that was provided helped me succeed while with the company, and gave me the confidence to become successful in my current job.

Cons

The Intuitive Group's only location currently is only in Vienna!

Advice to Management

Great Management Training