Cover image for The Job Window

3.7
The Job Window CEO Al Bessada
Al Bessada

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I learned a lot and everyone is friendly(in 4 reviews)
  • "This company has so much growth opportunity that any new grad should welcome this opportunity.(in 3 reviews)
  • "I like how the managers are always asking where I see myself going in terms of a career path at their company and how they continue to develop my role to accommodate the things I've said I really enjoy doing or want to be more involved in.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Bought by management available at anytime.(in 3 reviews)
  • "The work environment is friendly, motivating and supportive.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "pay is base or commission, however it is difficult to make commission depending on the market you are provided(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Tennis Operations Manager/Buyer

Jan 9, 2018 - Tennis Operations Manager/Buyer in Delray Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Room to Grow Positive atmosphere Competitive Salary Treated with respect Managers do not micro-manage Amazing employee benefits

Cons

zero-other than working on holidays.

1 person found this review helpful

Upper Management

Very glad you feel like you have room to take your career in a positive direction

2. 1.0

It is a scam

Jan 21, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing. It is all non-sense.

Cons

They lie, it's all commission. The 4/5 star reviews on this page are all faked by the managers that work there. This is door knocking & selling.

206 people found this review helpful

Upper Management

There is no selling with Job Window. We are sorry you had a negative experience with the job you took through one of our ads.

3. Join the The Job Window team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0

Pyramid scheme

Apr 29, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The atmosphere of the company was great. Upper management was very friendly and highly motivational.

Cons

Where do I start? The hours aren't desirable 8:45-7 M-Sat. The pay was appealing in the interview, but once you begin working you actually make about half than what they make it seem you will earn, on top of that it took three weeks to see a fairly decent pay check. Once you factor in travel time into your check, you're basically getting paid minimum wage. I made more money as a part time sales associate. Overall the company seems like a good place to work for initially, but its just a facade.

147 people found this review helpful

Upper Management

We don't work on Saturdays at Job Window. You must be talking about a job you found through one of our ads. It is unfortunate you had a negative experience.

5. 1.0

Job Window is SCAM

Feb 22, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

NONE there is NOTHING good about this company. They lure people in thinking that they are about to get entry level jobs!

Cons

This career site is a RIP OFF! All it does is HIRE ANYONE who applys to walks around in Sams Club trying to get people to buy shittttt. Oh and it 100% commission!

167 people found this review helpful

Upper Management

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Your thoughts are important to us as we grow our business and strive to improve.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

It's an MLM scam

Nov 30, 2021 - Entry Level Marketing Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

It will give you the experience and knowledge in how to spot these scams. They are all over the place. These companies are colloquially known as Devil Corps.

Cons

You will not advance and if you do you will not make anything close to what they're promising. They will separate you from friends and family, mentally drain you then brainwash you with the "opportunity". 72-80 hour work weeks, only guaranteed pay for less than half of that. The rest is the brainwashing process with morning meetings (atmosphere), throwdown Thursdays and incessant catch phrases designed to manipulate you.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Awesome

Aug 9, 2021 - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is always something new to do when working here. And I love my co-workers

Cons

none that i can think of the job window is a great place to work

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Account Representative

Apr 17, 2019 - Account Representative in Richmond Hill, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are some of the best I've ever known. The team is always helpful, supportive and understanding and it makes coming into work a fun and enjoyable experience on a daily basis. It doesn't feel like "work". I like how the managers are always asking where I see myself going in terms of a career path at their company and how they continue to develop my role to accommodate the things I've said I really enjoy doing or want to be more involved in.

Cons

Can't say there's anything to complain about so far.

Upper Management

We are so happy to know you too! Looking forward to seeing where your role takes you.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Talent & Acquisition Specialist

Nov 30, 2018 -  in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smaller sized company so huge opportunity to standout. Merit based growth opportunities. Your voice gets heard and you actually have a chance to make an impact on the direction the business takes. Lots of one on one interaction with management team for training. Team building activities and bonuses plus some really fun outings including trips overseas (when you get to bring a guest).

Cons

The company adapts quickly to changes in the marketplace and/or new opportunities for business so be ready to be flexible. It's not a large sized company so there's less red tape to go through when changing processes or introducing new sources of business or business plans. It's hard work and can be stressful and a lot of hours at times depending on the recruitment cycle for the clients you're working with or the time of year. The health benefits package offered is pretty average.

1 person found this review helpful

Upper Management

We are glad you feel like you have the opportunity to stand out. One on one interaction with our people is how we all grow and learn. Hope to see you on our next overseas trip!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Magememnt

Jun 30, 2018 - Senior Supervisor in Milan
    Business Outlook

Pros

I like this job

Cons

Need to get a chance to show my self

Upper Management

Let us know what direction you'd like to take your career and we can talk about how you can get there.

11. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

All the reviews are not true

Mar 16, 2018 - Paralegal in Markham, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free coffee and free snacks

Cons

In a nutshell, if the "team leaders" don't like you, they will find any excuses in the book to make your life in that workplace a living HELL! For example, Aleah had threatened one of my colleagues for a "written warning or something worse" if her team member doesn't improve her retention. Another team leader, when she's in a bad mood will spurts out things like " I can get you fired coz I feel like it and just say you have a bad attitude." They are incompetent, little high school girls who does not know how to dress and act professionally. Constantly late, take 2 hour lunches and hates when you are prettier and smarter than they are. In terms of work itself, they will teach you how to lie to get someone an interview for your "market." Also, how to "scan" resumes usually meaning being discriminatory to age and/or race. Al, the owner, is nice but does not really know what goes on in that place.

10 people found this review helpful

Upper Management

We’re sorry to hear that your time at The Job Window wasn’t what you had hoped for. We take your negative experience to heart as we do our best to ensure a positive working environment for all staff and management team members. The Job Window is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse working environment and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or fashion sense. We have worked persistently over the past 3 years to improve our business model and internal structure to alleviate the concerns you mentioned by ensuring all of our staff members are knowledgeable and informed about what their job performance requirements are, how to achieve those results, how their performance is being measured by both our supervisory & management teams on an ongoing basis and the steps that will be taken if those results aren’t achieved. In rare cases, when performance concerns continue to occur on a frequent basis, our HR manager will be informed by the employee’s direct supervisor/manager to initiate progressive disciplinary action. This would include a verbal warning and a written warning should results fail to improve after that point. This process is started, delivered and monitored by our HR manager directly to ensure each employee is given absolutely all necessary training/coaching to improve results before any further disciplinary action is taken. A supervisor/manager does not have the authority to dismiss an employee for any reason. We have also worked very hard to empower and encourage our employees to freely give opinions via review sites, the internet/social media outlets, directly to our HR manager, our owner/CEO, or to their direct supervisors/managers that they work with about what is working and what isn’t in our workplace – whether it’s work flow processes, supervisory/management team members, or how much they just love the free coffee & snacks - their feedback is integral to the growth of our business and we wouldn’t be where we are today without it. I’m happy to say that we’ve had absolutely no staff turnover in more than 2 years as a result of the improvements we’ve made with their help. We thank you and all of your hard work and patience during the start-up years of our business, we would not be who we are today without you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Reviews
</>Embed

The Job Window Reviews FAQs

The Job Window has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 35 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at The Job Window to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, The Job Window employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at The Job Window. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

66% of The Job Window employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Job Window 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at The Job Window to be benefits, career development, management and the cons to be compensation .