KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 5 years

Tennis Operations Manager/Buyer

Jan 9, 2018 - Tennis Operations Manager/Buyer in Delray Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Room to Grow Positive atmosphere Competitive Salary Treated with respect Managers do not micro-manage Amazing employee benefits

Cons

zero-other than working on holidays.

1 person found this review helpful

Upper Management

Very glad you feel like you have room to take your career in a positive direction

2. 1.0

Pyramid scheme

Apr 29, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The atmosphere of the company was great. Upper management was very friendly and highly motivational.

Cons

Where do I start? The hours aren't desirable 8:45-7 M-Sat. The pay was appealing in the interview, but once you begin working you actually make about half than what they make it seem you will earn, on top of that it took three weeks to see a fairly decent pay check. Once you factor in travel time into your check, you're basically getting paid minimum wage. I made more money as a part time sales associate. Overall the company seems like a good place to work for initially, but its just a facade.

147 people found this review helpful

Upper Management

We don't work on Saturdays at Job Window. You must be talking about a job you found through one of our ads. It is unfortunate you had a negative experience.

3. 1.0

It is a scam

Jan 21, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing. It is all non-sense.

Cons

They lie, it's all commission. The 4/5 star reviews on this page are all faked by the managers that work there. This is door knocking & selling.

206 people found this review helpful

Upper Management

There is no selling with Job Window. We are sorry you had a negative experience with the job you took through one of our ads.

4. 1.0

Job Window is SCAM

Feb 22, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

NONE there is NOTHING good about this company. They lure people in thinking that they are about to get entry level jobs!

Cons

This career site is a RIP OFF! All it does is HIRE ANYONE who applys to walks around in Sams Club trying to get people to buy shittttt. Oh and it 100% commission!

167 people found this review helpful

Upper Management

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Your thoughts are important to us as we grow our business and strive to improve.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

It's an MLM scam

Nov 30, 2021 - Entry Level Marketing Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

It will give you the experience and knowledge in how to spot these scams. They are all over the place. These companies are colloquially known as Devil Corps.

Cons

You will not advance and if you do you will not make anything close to what they're promising. They will separate you from friends and family, mentally drain you then brainwash you with the "opportunity". 72-80 hour work weeks, only guaranteed pay for less than half of that. The rest is the brainwashing process with morning meetings (atmosphere), throwdown Thursdays and incessant catch phrases designed to manipulate you.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Awesome

Aug 9, 2021 - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is always something new to do when working here. And I love my co-workers

Cons

none that i can think of the job window is a great place to work

Be the first to find this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Job and loving the room for growth in the business

Apr 22, 2014 - Corporate Account Manager in Toronto
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been here since the start of Job window and there hasn't been a better place where I have worked. The corporate atmosphere is just amazing. Everyone is so hard working, but at the same time so willing to help overcome a colleagues problem. Work life balance is great too. I had to leave a couple of times because of family emergencies and take a day off because of volleyball tournaments and as long as I had all my work done and had goals set for the immediate future, it was not a problem. Another aspect of this job that I really enjoy is the opportunity for growth. The Job Window is so versatile in finding an area that you excel that not only benefits the company, but the individual as well. To be honest, this job was just supposed to support me while i found another job. However, the skills that I was being taught and the willingness of others to help me achieve my goals was a corporate culture that I wanted to be apart of. I cannot think of a better place to work, it has shown me what a career really is.

Cons

Minimal. Wish we got rid of individual cubicles for a "common work space". I think this would allow for creative juices to flow better within the team. Just like the saying two heads are better than one.

3 people found this review helpful

Upper Management

Glad you had a positive experience.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great working environment

Nov 17, 2015 - Account Manager in Richmond Hill, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Over the year I’ve been here the company has grown a lot and evolved to better suit the needs of our clients and candidates. I like that when someone has ideas about how to make things run more smoothly, management listens and things actually change. As the company’s grown I’ve been getting more responsibilities. I was hired in a junior position and was promoted first to team manager then account manager. I think that’s the greatest benefit to being part of a growing company

Cons

I don't have any cons. At first I wasn't making as much as I was hoping but my pay has increased with each promotion and now I'm where I wanted to be.

18 people found this review helpful

Social Media Manager

Thanks for your review! We're really proud of how we've grown over the past year, and our employees are big part of that. We feel that supporting and promoting our employees is the best way to grow a strong team, and we're glad you've found that too. We're also very pleased that as we've grown, we're able to offer competitive pay to our team. Thanks for taking the time to share!

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good people, poor business model

May 23, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great CEO. The CEO is a kind person who unfortunately has to make hard decisions and usually people only notice the bad side of it. -Great Operation's Manager. The operations manager at The Job Window is one of the kindest person's I have ever met. If you're having personal issues or you're in a bind, they will understand. -Great coworkers. The Job Window staff has to be some of the most welcoming staff I've encountered, which made my stay incredibly pleasing. -Great work environment. Snacks and beverage are provided (i.e. chips, granola bars, coffee, etc.). -Rewards. Occasionally rewards are handed out: Raptor's tickets, gift cards (i.e. The Keg, Tim Horton's, etc.), and even trips.

Cons

-Company has no set direction. Think of it as a well funded startup who is proceeding by trial and error to figure out what's the best option for them. Which is all right but could make better use of resources. -Does not see the value in technology. There is a lack of push for implementing better systems and technologies, which to be honest could save the company a fortune. There was a small push at the end but I feel it will still not be pursued.

6 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thanks for your review! We’re so pleased that you found The Job Window welcoming. We strongly believe that a good work environment is the best way to have happy employees who do amazing work! We have worked very hard to increase internal communication throughout our business this past year. By introducing regular status meetings we have been able to ensure all staff is up to date with our business direction, goals/objectives and any outstanding systems enhancements and technologies Management has in the works. Our Departmental Supervisors have worked very diligently with our staff to monitor each departments use of resources and provide feedback & suggestions to increase efficiency and effectiveness where needed. With their help we have been able to implement a variety of new technological system enhancements, streamline role responsibilities, minimize staffing requirements and keep Management accountable for implementing any changes needed. As our business continues to grow, we are confident their suggestions and support will continue to help our technology uses evolve to meet our growing business needs.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

recruiter

Jun 11, 2015 - Junior Recruiter in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

The office atmosphere is great. Everyone is super friendly and motivated and management is approachable and helpful. I really didn't know what to expect when I started this job. I wasn't sure how I felt about being on the phone all day. It turns out I love it! I get to help other people find jobs. it's true not everyone is cut out for the kinds of jobs we're offering, but not everyone is cut out for any job. I don't know how long I'll want to continue doing this sort of work, but so far it's been a great learning experience. I've had people call me back and thank me for putting them in touch with their new company. So far that keeps me motivated. Plus the fact that I can become a team leader based on my performance rather than how long I've been with the company.

Cons

Being on the phone all day can get a little monotonous. You have to be able to keep yourself energized and positive in order to take advantage of the pay incentives and move up.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to speak about your time at The Job Window. We’re very proud of the work culture and environment we’ve been able to establish. We hear you when it comes to talking on the phone all day, which is why almost none of our positions require that any longer. We’ve changed how The Job Window works to ensure our employees are still connecting people to careers, but don’t have a phone stuck to their ear all day. We believe these changes will benefit not only our clients, but our employees as well.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Reviews

The Job Window Reviews FAQs

The Job Window has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 35 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at The Job Window to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, The Job Window employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at The Job Window. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

66% of The Job Window employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Job Window 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at The Job Window to be benefits, career development, management and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with The Job Window Job Seekers