The Job Window Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. Featured Review

"Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

I have been working at The Job Window full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits & job perks, no micro-managing. Unlimited growth opportunities. Flexible working environment. The team members in all departments are a pleasure to work with and are always willing to provide great feedback to better company workflows, IT systems and the overall employee working experience. Our new work space is also a big improvement. So much natural light - makes coming into work that much better every day!

Cons

It would be nice for HR to implement some more company wide team building activities to help open communication between individual departments and build a better sense of camaraderie.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work of showing the staff how much we value and appreciate all of what they do by implementing even better employee incentives!

Jun 28, 2017 – Upper Management

Thanks for the great feedback. We've always believed in the importance of giving people space to grow and learn on the job. We're very glad you feel appreciated. You are! Open communication is the ... More

"It is a scam"

Pros

Nothing. It is all non-sense.

Cons

They lie, it's all commission. The 4/5 star reviews on this page are all faked by the managers that work there.

This is door knocking & selling.

Advice to Management

Close the scam company & get honest real jobs.

"Pyramid scheme"

I worked at The Job Window full-time

Pros

The atmosphere of the company was great. Upper management was very friendly and highly motivational.

Cons

Where do I start? The hours aren't desirable 8:45-7 M-Sat. The pay was appealing in the interview, but once you begin working you actually make about half than what they make it seem you will earn, on top of that it took three weeks to see a fairly decent pay check. Once you factor in travel time into your check, you're basically getting paid minimum wage. I made more money as a part time sales associate. Overall the company seems like a good place to work for initially, but its just a facade.

"Job Window is SCAM"

Pros

NONE there is NOTHING good about this company. They lure people in thinking that they are about to get entry level jobs!

Cons

This career site is a RIP OFF! All it does is HIRE ANYONE who applys to walks around in Sams Club trying to get people to buy shittttt. Oh and it 100% commission!

Advice to Management

Stop lying telling people that this is a marketing or public relations job!

5. "Recruiter/Administrator"

I have been working at The Job Window full-time

Pros

-Fun place to work! Everyone is really nice and friendly here!
    -Dress code is casual
    -Management is very supportive and willing to help
    -A great entry level position to build your communication and technical skills. It's a good start for new graduates
    -No micro-managing
    -Team based activities and incentives: Example: trip to Escape Rooms to test our problem solving abilities and team work

Cons

-No cons for now. My employment here has been great!

6. "Great Atmosphere"

I have been working at The Job Window full-time

Pros

- Can openly share and bring ideas to team members and to management, and really work together to create more efficient company procedures and practices.

- Everyone is together instead of separated into cubicles which provides more of an opportunity to work together to collectively achieve goals.

- Advancement based on merit and leadership vs. seniority.

- Great staff members that make coming into work easy and fun.

- Great benefits package.

Cons

There aren't many, but could use more team outings - they're fun!

"Great working environment"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Pros

Over the year I’ve been here the company has grown a lot and evolved to better suit the needs of our clients and candidates. I like that when someone has ideas about how to make things run more smoothly, management listens and things actually change. As the company’s grown I’ve been getting more responsibilities. I was hired in a junior position and was promoted first to team manager then account manager. I think that’s the greatest benefit to being part of a growing company

Cons

I don't have any cons. At first I wasn't making as much as I was hoping but my pay has increased with each promotion and now I'm where I wanted to be.

Advice to Management

Management here works with an open door policy. I've seen how that translates into more streamlined, smoother systems. I don't have advice for change. I'm grateful they listen.

Nov 25, 2015 – Social Media Manager

Thanks for your review! We're really proud of how we've grown over the past year, and our employees are big part of that. We feel that supporting and promoting our employees is the best way to grow a ... More

"recruiter"

Pros

Everything is good. I learned a lot and everyone is friendly

Cons

not at all, great place

"Social media coordinator"

Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

My job is fun. I get to spend my day researching and writing about topics I'm interested in. I feel like the things I write about are helpful and informative so I feel good about what I'm doing. Management is encouraging and supportive and gives me a lot of independence to come up with topics to cover.

Cons

It's a great learning experience, but the company is still pretty small so there isn't really too much room for advancement in this position.

Advice to Management

Management has been great. My opinions are listened to and respected. I like the people I work with. I would say keep on doing what you're doing.

Jan 13, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for sharing your review! We’re pleased to hear that you’re feeling supported and encouraged in your work. While we are a smaller company, we’re always looking to grow and our employees are ... More

"recruiter"

Current Employee - Junior Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Junior Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at The Job Window full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office atmosphere is great. Everyone is super friendly and motivated and management is approachable and helpful. I really didn't know what to expect when I started this job. I wasn't sure how I felt about being on the phone all day. It turns out I love it! I get to help other people find jobs. it's true not everyone is cut out for the kinds of jobs we're offering, but not everyone is cut out for any job.

I don't know how long I'll want to continue doing this sort of work, but so far it's been a great learning experience. I've had people call me back and thank me for putting them in touch with their new company. So far that keeps me motivated. Plus the fact that I can become a team leader based on my performance rather than how long I've been with the company.

Cons

Being on the phone all day can get a little monotonous. You have to be able to keep yourself energized and positive in order to take advantage of the pay incentives and move up.

Advice to Management

If it would be possible to add more variety to the job that would make it a lot easier to stay focused and energized through the day.

Jan 13, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to speak about your time at The Job Window. We’re very proud of the work culture and environment we’ve been able to establish. We hear you when it comes to talking on ... More