The Job Window Reviews

Al Bessada

"Tennis Operations Manager/Buyer"

Current Employee - Tennis Operations Manager/Buyer in Delray Beach, FL

I have been working at The Job Window full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Room to Grow Positive atmosphere Competitive Salary Treated with respect Managers do not micro-manage Amazing employee benefits

Cons

zero-other than working on holidays.

December 16, 2019Upper Management

Very glad you feel like you have room to take your career in a positive direction

"It is a scam"

I worked at The Job Window

Pros

Nothing. It is all non-sense.

Cons

They lie, it's all commission. The 4/5 star reviews on this page are all faked by the managers that work there. This is door knocking & selling.

March 13, 2018Upper Management

There is no selling with Job Window. We are sorry you had a negative experience with the job you took through one of our ads.

"Pyramid scheme"

I worked at The Job Window full-time

Pros

The atmosphere of the company was great. Upper management was very friendly and highly motivational.

Cons

Where do I start? The hours aren't desirable 8:45-7 M-Sat. The pay was appealing in the interview, but once you begin working you actually make about half than what they make it seem you will earn, on top of that it took three weeks to see a fairly decent pay check. Once you factor in travel time into your check, you're basically getting paid minimum wage. I made more money as a part time sales associate. Overall the company seems like a good place to work for initially, but its just a facade.

March 13, 2018Upper Management

We don't work on Saturdays at Job Window. You must be talking about a job you found through one of our ads. It is unfortunate you had a negative experience.

"Job Window is SCAM"

I worked at The Job Window

Pros

NONE there is NOTHING good about this company. They lure people in thinking that they are about to get entry level jobs!

Cons

This career site is a RIP OFF! All it does is HIRE ANYONE who applys to walks around in Sams Club trying to get people to buy shittttt. Oh and it 100% commission!

March 13, 2018Upper Management

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Your thoughts are important to us as we grow our business and strive to improve.

5. "Account Representative"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Richmond Hill, ON

I have been working at The Job Window full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people here are some of the best I've ever known. The team is always helpful, supportive and understanding and it makes coming into work a fun and enjoyable experience on a daily basis. It doesn't feel like "work". I like how the managers are always asking where I see myself going in terms of a career path at their company and how they continue to develop my role to accommodate the things I've said I really enjoy doing or want to be more involved in.

Cons

Can't say there's anything to complain about so far.

December 16, 2019Upper Management

We are so happy to know you too! Looking forward to seeing where your role takes you.

"Talent & Acquisition Specialist"

in Toronto, ON

I have been working at The Job Window for more than 3 years

Pros

Smaller sized company so huge opportunity to standout. Merit based growth opportunities. Your voice gets heard and you actually have a chance to make an impact on the direction the business takes. Lots of one on one interaction with management team for training. Team building activities and bonuses plus some really fun outings including trips overseas (when you get to bring a guest).

Cons

The company adapts quickly to changes in the marketplace and/or new opportunities for business so be ready to be flexible. It's not a large sized company so there's less red tape to go through when changing processes or introducing new sources of business or business plans. It's hard work and can be stressful and a lot of hours at times depending on the recruitment cycle for the clients you're working with or the time of year. The health benefits package offered is pretty average.

December 6, 2018Upper Management

We are glad you feel like you have the opportunity to stand out. One on one interaction with our people is how we all grow and learn. Hope to see you on our next overseas trip!

7. "Magememnt"

Current Employee - Senior Supervisor in Milan

I have been working at The Job Window full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I like this job

Cons

Need to get a chance to show my self

December 16, 2019Upper Management

Let us know what direction you'd like to take your career and we can talk about how you can get there.

"All the reviews are not true"

Former Employee - Paralegal in Markham, ON

I worked at The Job Window full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free coffee and free snacks

Cons

In a nutshell, if the "team leaders" don't like you, they will find any excuses in the book to make your life in that workplace a living HELL! For example, Aleah had threatened one of my colleagues for a "written warning or something worse" if her team member doesn't improve her retention. Another team leader, when she's in a bad mood will spurts out things like " I can get you fired coz I feel like it and just say you have a bad attitude." They are incompetent, little high school girls who does not know how to dress and act professionally. Constantly late, take 2 hour lunches and hates when you are prettier and smarter than they are. In terms of work itself, they will teach you how to lie to get someone an interview for your "market." Also, how to "scan" resumes usually meaning being discriminatory to age and/or race. Al, the owner, is nice but does not really know what goes on in that place.

March 19, 2018Upper Management

We’re sorry to hear that your time at The Job Window wasn’t what you had hoped for. We take your negative experience to heart as we do our best to ensure a positive working environment for all staff and management team members. The Job Window is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse working environment and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or fashion sense. We have worked persistently over the past 3 years to improve our business model and internal structure to alleviate the concerns you mentioned by ensuring all of our staff members are knowledgeable and informed about what their job performance requirements are, how to achieve those results, how their performance is being measured by both our supervisory & management teams on an ongoing basis and the steps that will be taken if those results aren’t achieved. In rare cases, when performance concerns continue to occur on a frequent basis, our HR manager will be informed by the employee’s direct supervisor/manager to initiate progressive disciplinary action. This would include a verbal warning and a written warning should results fail to improve after that point. This process is started, delivered and monitored by our HR manager directly to ensure each employee is given absolutely all necessary training/coaching to improve results before any further disciplinary action is taken. A supervisor/manager does not have the authority to dismiss an employee for any reason. We have also worked very hard to empower and encourage our employees to freely give opinions via review sites, the internet/social media outlets, directly to our HR manager, our owner/CEO, or to their direct supervisors/managers that they work with about what is working and what isn’t in our workplace – whether it’s work flow processes, supervisory/management team members, or how much they just love the free coffee & snacks - their feedback is integral to the growth of our business and we wouldn’t be where we are today without it. I’m happy to say that we’ve had absolutely no staff turnover in more than 2 years as a result of the improvements we’ve made with their help. We thank you and all of your hard work and patience during the start-up years of our business, we would not be who we are today without you.

"Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON

I have been working at The Job Window full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits & job perks, no micro-managing. Unlimited growth opportunities. Flexible working environment. The team members in all departments are a pleasure to work with and are always willing to provide great feedback to better company workflows, IT systems and the overall employee working experience. Our new work space is also a big improvement. So much natural light - makes coming into work that much better every day!

Cons

It would be nice for HR to implement some more company wide team building activities to help open communication between individual departments and build a better sense of camaraderie.

June 28, 2017Upper Management

Thanks for the great feedback. We've always believed in the importance of giving people space to grow and learn on the job. We're very glad you feel appreciated. You are! Open communication is the foundation of a strong working relationship. Perhaps more team building activities are the way to to!

10. "Great Entry Level HR recruitment experience"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond Hill, ON

I have been working at The Job Window full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work life balance Friendly company culture Great potential to be recognized and commended for your work Motivational and supportive staff, great team atmosphere Knowledgeable and helpful Senior Management Great Entry Level HR recruitment experience Overall excellent learning opportunity for career development

Cons

No real cons ( far greater reward if you are motivated to work towards company recruitment goals )

July 3, 2017Upper Management

Good communications are the cornerstone of a successful company. If you do have something you'd like to communicate, don't hesitate to get in touch.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 English Reviews