The Point Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Account Supervisor"

Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I worked at The Point Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Point Group will always have a piece of my heart. This company was my home away from home for 2 years and I would not have left if it wasn't for our family moving to another state. This marketing and communications firm is lead by some very smart, beautiful and strong women. All of the upper management at this company are very nurturing, inviting and wonderful leaders to learn and grow from. It was such an inspiration to work with these women on a daily basis. They take the time to give advice and pointers on how to help someone grow in this field. I would say this is a very positive work environment and the office hand picks amazing people who all mesh well together, from HR, billing, IT, interactive, media, PR, account service, and creatives. These are multiple people with different personalities that all mesh well together and treat each other with respect and trust. The main goal getting out the best work for the client in a strategic and overall beautiful way.
    There is no slack of work, either. If you love to be constantly busy and being kept on your toes, this is the place to be. It makes your days go by so quickly.
    Location of the office is in Preston Center surrounded by tons of restaurants and shops to walk to lunch to.
    Covered Parking that is watched by security and you feel safe 100% of the time.

Cons

The benefits are okay, not the best, but are generally what you would get at any marketing firm this day and age.

2. "Horribly disorganized with outdated policies & processes; nice employees though"

I worked at The Point Group full-time

Pros

Good location. Parking garage. Solid salary. Ability to wear multiple hats and learn new things. Nice employees.

Cons

Disorganized company. Outdated work policies and tedious, complicated processes. Stressed out employees. Long hours. No perks.

3. "Disorganized"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at The Point Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the people who work there are very nice and helpful

Cons

A lot of internal backstabbing, and caddy behavior. Very disorganized and process' are way too cumbersome. Very hard to get anything done.

4. "Overall good place to work"

I have been working at The Point Group full-time

Pros

The best thing about The Point Group are the people that work here. Some of the best co-workers I've ever had. There is a lot of opportunity to wear many hats which allows for great experience.

Cons

With a smaller company comes less back up... sometimes it gets stressful when you have to take on too much work.

"First-class!"

I have been working at The Point Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very organized, professional, creative and dedicated management team!

Cons

This company always deliver first-class results!

6. "Great Junior Opportunity with vast client opportunities"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at The Point Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Diverse client work. Great opportunity to work in a wide variety of projects including website builds, digital media, search, print/traditional. Will not find the same experience in a larger agency environment as a junior employee.

Cons

A lack of structure/hierarchy if you are a ladder climber. Will have to be vocal about moving up.

"Fast paced"

I have been working at The Point Group full-time

Pros

The Point Group has a fast paced and fun environment where everyone can voice their opinions and ideas. Senior management is very helpful and has an open door policy to all. Potential growth is huge at The Point Group due to the opportunity to work on many different projects.

Cons

The office does get tense when there are big projects and deadlines. Like any other agency the work is demanding, but results are always delivered.

8. "A smaller employee team full of nice, talented, incredible people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Point Group full-time

Pros

The work environment is superb. With a primary employee size of about 25 and a physically open workplace atmosphere, it's easy to communicate freely with whomever you need to. The employees themselves are some of the most down-to-earth and enjoyable people I've ever worked with; there's a strong sense of community in the building that's evidenced in particular by weekly happy hours in the kitchen area at the end of the week, where everyone comes together to have a few drinks, socialize, and talk about non-work-related things. The President really knows what she's doing and displays an exceptional managerial prowess with the rest of the PG team while also making herself available to anyone.The rest of the upper management team have their heads in the right places, too, and give the rest of the employees the space they need to excel in their work. The Point Group has recently acquired some new client business and is about to launch their new website, so exciting times are definitely ahead.

Cons

Since the company size is smaller than average, employees get the chance to get involved in several different projects over several different departments, if they so choose. That being said, a natural consequence of this is that sometimes you can get "spread too thin" as an employee, and the workload can get stressful at times. Also, things can get pretty stressful in the workplace when a client deadline is approaching, but that's a common occurrence in any advertising agency.

Advice to Management

It might behoove David Kniffen, Sr. to be more present and available in the workplace more often -- the President, VPs, and the rest of the upper management certainly do.

9. "Great hands-on environment with the ability to shape your career"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Point Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TPG offers great potential for employee growth. As a smaller agency, individuals have the potential to develop their own career and establish themselves as a professional. The agency has a great culture and fun work environment, which include company-wide happy hours and celebrations of our successes as an agency.

Cons

Things can sometimes get fast-paced and require all employees to assist- this may require working a little longer or completing some projects at home.

10. "Great Place to Begin Your Marketing Career"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Point Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Point is a smaller agency and this allows new grads like myself a unique opportunity to gain broad exposure and experience in multiple disciplines, giving a real understanding for how all of the departments work together hand-in-hand. On top of my standard AE duties, I've gotten the chance to work on projects related to media planning, digital/interactive, creative/design, and PR. It's been a learning experience to say the least!

In addition, our size requires entry level positions to work directly with upper management regularly; this means that the fresh faces get to benefit from the experience of our management team without having to jump through the hoops of typical corporate hierarchy, found in a lot of large companies.

Our team is awesome and we love to have fun with regular office happy hours and parties. We lend ourselves to the old adage, work hard and play hard.

Cons

As with any agency, we try to run a tight ship, so there are times where we feel slightly under-staffed when our workload gets heavy. The team generally does a good job of working through these times, but things can get stressful and long hours are not uncommon when deadlines draw near.

There is a perceived "ceiling" on advancement, as most of the company either falls into upper-management or entry level positions, with not a ton of middle-ground.

Advice to Management

Setup clear goals/milestones and establish a timeline for advancement with entry level employees. It would be nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak.