Thrive Events Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

"GREAT Entrepreneurs have not been Lost- I Have Found Them!"

Current Employee - Business Apprentice in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Apprentice in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Thrive Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked multiple "Entrepreneurs" and "start-ups" over the years, its hard work, but all the successful ones believe in what they are doing and they aren't afraid of working hard.(this being the key) Since I stated working at Thrive Events a few months ago, I have been in awe of the number of people I am able to surround myself with that are not afraid of working hard and are all motivated to help each other get better every day. The environment allowed me to gain skill sets that I would have never learn elsewhere - and if i had it probably would have taken years. Management is always available, and I could never thank them enough for their advice and coaching so far!

Cons

Its hard work. Some of the days are long, sometimes the driving can be tiring. But I remind myself successful Entrepreneurs aren't afraid of working hard - so for those that arent looking to really work hard now, and are looking for more of your typical "9-5", with a yearly dollar raise (maybe), 2 weeks paid vacation, health care day 1- this may not be the best fit for you. It's defiantly not for everyone, but thats why its such an amazing opportunity for those that are willing to work hard and can see the long term opportunity available

Advice to Management

I think your advice and coaching changed my leadership outlook forever and I cannot wait for what is to come

"Amazing company!"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Thrive Events full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The career opportunities here are unparalleled if someone is willing to put in the work. I can honestly say I learned more about the marketing industry in my first six months with Thrive than I did in four years earning a marketing degree.

Cons

The work is self paced, which can be a con for someone without the right work ethic. For someone ready for a challenge, however, a self paced environment can be an exciting aspect of the company.

"Such a awesome expierence."

Former Employee - Account Management in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Management in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Thrive Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

During my time at thrive I learned so much professionally and personally. Being surrounded with hardworking people who have so much drive was amazing. Awesome place if you're looking to learn, grow, and be in control!

Cons

I guess the only cons were that I had to move away for family reasons. This isn't going to be a good fit for anyone who is just looking for a get by day to day job. This is an opportunity not a get paid to be lazy gig.

Advice to Management

Puneh and the rest of the team, thanks so much. I've been able to transfer my skill set and grow so fast with my new company. Thanks for pushing and challenging me to be the best version of myself personally and professionally.

"Great learning Experience"

Current Employee - Leader in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Leader in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Thrive Events full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The skill set and people I get to work with and the time investment and hands on training that they are willing to put into people. Growth opportunities.

Cons

Time investment. It's a growth and opportunity business that helps develop people within the company and organization. So prepare to invest your time to learn the business if your interested in growing.

Advice to Management

Thanks for investing in my growth and development.

"Great Opportunity for Those Who Want to Work Hard"

Former Employee - Entry Level Management Trainee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Entry Level Management Trainee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Thrive Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of pros when it comes to working with the team at Thrive Events. If I had to pick two of the biggest I would say the team atmosphere and the constant learning.

Thrive Events is really big on their team atmosphere. It was very hands-on with the training and we did a lot of team nights outside of office hours where Puneh, the president, as well as the other top campaign managers were so eager to meet my family and friends. I never felt out of place with the team and we all got along very well.

Secondly, I felt like I was constantly developing my skills sets and being challenged daily. And when I talk about the 'challenges' I mean something that they were situations that I was able to OVERCOME which is not an opportunity that had been given to me in prior positions.

Cons

I think the biggest con is honestly we live in a generation where individuals don't want to work hard and new college graduates think they should be guaranteed 50k and a management position from the get-go. At times, it was frustrating training newer individuals who simply did not have a great student mentality, work ethic, and positive/humbling attitude.

Advice to Management

I mentioned it in the cons - this business THRIVES on 3 things which is having a great student mentality, a strong work ethic, and a positive attitude. Someone who is always willing to learn, someone who is willing to put in the time and effort, and having a natural positive attitude, as it is not something that can be taught.

"Extraordinary"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Thrive Events full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the team at Thrive. I have never been a part of an environment that facilitates growth in this capacity. The leadership here is genuine and invest so much time into the individuals that start with the company. I am so fortunate to learn from the examples they set and the standards they chose for themselves. The standard of excellence is contagious and I have seen myself grow tremendously both personally and professionally since surrounding myself with people who think big and live big as a result. I am grateful to be a part of this team.

Cons

Anything great will have a filtration process. Not everyone who applies to Harvard will get in - that doesn't mean the admissions team is a scam for saying Harvard has all these amazing opportunities when they know only a small percentage of applicants will actually create or qualify for them. Those opportunities go to the individuals who work for them and qualify for them. It's the same at Thrive, at Google, at Apple, anywhere worth being a part of. So, I think the only con here would be that people don't understand that it takes above average habits to create above average results. Growth won't happen here without intention. Some people come in with a skewed expectation that it will just happen, and that is not reality anywhere.

Advice to Management

Keep leading from the front. You inspire me everyday.

"Takes way to much time for the results"

Former Employee - Roadshow Salesman in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Roadshow Salesman in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Great team and management, fun interactions to have

Cons

horrible hours and depending on commission

"You are better off delivering pizzas!"

Former Employee - Event Marketing Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Event Marketing Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Thrive Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro to this job is the day you realize you were schemed into selling cheap products at Costco and Frys and therefore learn from this bad experience. You will make much more money and work less hours delivering pizza.

Cons

- Job titles you apply for are misleading. You are standing all day in Frys grocery stores and Costco selling cheap products.
    - No benefits until you become a higher level position, which can take many months at very little pay.
    - Drive around to different locations across Phoenix on your own gas money. After gas and other expenses, I was taking home less than minimum wage.
    - You will feel like an idiot once you find out that you were duped into taking this job.

Advice to Management

Quit scheming real professionals into your low paying sales job. I'm surprised more people haven't reported this scheme to the BBB.

"POST COLLEGE GRAD"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Thrive Events full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started this position immediately after graduating college. I really enjoyed the team of people that I worked with and had the opportunity to learn from! I got to cross-train with their Marketing, Management, and Operations Departments. I have acquired some of the best mentors and coaches that I could have ever hoped to find. I was able to network with some of the top people in the industry. Since relocating to a new state I really do miss the Thrive Events family but I walked away with a strong resume and letters of recommendation from the management team.

Cons

Their training style is "what you put in is what you get out" which obviously means it is not going to be for any individual who lacks self-motivation or the desire to pull their own weight.

Advice to Management

I REALLY enjoyed the opportunities for travel I had with this company

"Executive Account Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Thrive Events full-time

Pros

I truly enjoy the professional culture at Thrive as all team members collaborate together to set goals and achieve them together. The opportunity to be humbled through the management training program in order to gain knowledge of all marketing aspects which overall is a short term training phase with massive room for advancement and growth.

Cons

Truly cannot think of any! If you come into Thrive with a humbling attitude, good work ethic and a strong student mentality the possibilities are endless.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead from the front and inspire individuals by being YOU! Don't ever change!