Triple R Child Care Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Lead Teacher"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Mokena, IL
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Mokena, IL

I have been working at Triple R Child Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great children, can be a rewarding job

Cons

high turnover rate, training is minimum, pay is minimum with low raises

Advice to Management

Train better

2. "Lead Teacher"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Mokena, IL
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Mokena, IL

I worked at Triple R Child Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Getting to know the kids and families on a personal level.
    The parents show you appreciation for your hard work.

Cons

Low pay
    4 ten hour days are nice, but then they force you to go home early from your classroom and then blame you for what happens when you aren't there. (When you are literally replaced by a body...they don't care who it is bc they are money hungry!)
    They don't truly care about the kids. They put on an act when parents are around and then treat the employees with disrespect and get mad at you for bringing a child to them that might be sick.
    If you bring up a concern to them, they will probably either blow you off or yell at you for bothering them.
    They expect you to laminate things for the kids/classroom, but you better plan the project a month in advance Bc they won't let you laminate it, but they can't spend ten min doing it either bc they're too busy on Facebook or doing other personal things on the computer.

Advice to Management

Show more respect to your staff. Maybe don't treat the lazy workers the exact same as the hard workers!
    Don't reward lazy workers (funny money) for doing what the hard workers do every day.

3. "Teacher review"

Current Employee - Teacher in New Lenox, IL
    Current Employee - Teacher in New Lenox, IL

I have been working at Triple R Child Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great relationship with parents, good communication with other teachers and director. Director is always willing to help! Teachers are awesome!

Cons

Poor teacher retention. Letting diseases spread through school. Teachers with bad attitudes and horrible communication skills.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the stupid teacher!! One teacher is bringing down the entire school. She is rude,
    Ignorant and horrible in so many ways. Don't let children come to school sick and spread it everywhere. Half a class is sick that is ridiculous. Just be more respectful to teachers that are willing to help. Your losing some great ones

5. "Great Place"

Current Employee - Daycare Teacher in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Daycare Teacher in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Triple R Child Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The kids come first no matter what, it is a loving daycare with some great teachers.

Cons

Immature teachers who enjoy drama more than they should. Some teachers need to focus more on the kids then the drama and teachers business.

6. "Triple R is Awesome"

Current Employee - Teacher in Mokena, IL
    Current Employee - Teacher in Mokena, IL

Pros

I feel Triple R is a great place to work, the owners/management is great and really cares about each employee. Lots of fun raffles to get the employees excited about different thing's/events.

Cons

I wish the staff had more opportunities to move up. Perhaps you could think of other titles for staff that has been with the company for a long time. Examples.. Training expertise, Curriculum director, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I plan on working for this company for a long time. Nice benefits and I appreciate how understanding you are.

7. "Teacher"

Former Employee - Teacher in Mokena, IL
    Former Employee - Teacher in Mokena, IL

I worked at Triple R Child Care part-time

Pros

I am grateful to have made friendships that will last a lifetime. Also getting to know amazing children and their families.

Cons

Management is awful. They treat their employees like they are at the bottom of the totem pole. Management will do and say anything to make themselves look better, including putting children at risk and lieing to families. Employees will have to stay past their work hours without being asked and without recieving a thank you. Any employee that works there will never truly be appreciated.

Advice to Management

Karma.

8. "Child care assistant"

Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Mokena, IL
    Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Mokena, IL

I have been working at Triple R Child Care full-time

Pros

Working with the children and getting to know the parents.

Cons

The worst place I've ever worked. No honor for their loyal hardworking employees. Huge turnover. Drama filled environment. Owner and her directors are extremely unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Learn how to care for and retain your loyal employees.

"Lead Teacher"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mokena, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mokena, IL

Pros

Working with & gaining great relationships with wonderful children & their patents.

Cons

Low pay
    Sometimes you don't receive breaks
    You don't always get off at your designated time
    Management does not always speak to employees in a professional manner
    HUGE turnover rate

Advice to Management

Resolve problems & treat employees better! Many employees have left or plan on leaving & you need to look at that & realize something needs to change.

"They don't take care of and retain their good employees, cronyism rampant."

Former Employee - Teacher/Aid in Mokena, IL
    Former Employee - Teacher/Aid in Mokena, IL

I worked at Triple R Child Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Adequate starting wage with regular reviews and opportunity for increases.
    Relationships that you build with children and parents.

Cons

Fundamentally flawed management methods when dealing with staff. The manager(s) operate with a "scorched earth" approach to everything. As a very skilled and qualified (adult) childcare professional, I've never been spoken down to and made to feel like I was "in trouble" as much since I was a child in school who had to answer to a principal. The truth is that I ran my room exceptionally well and with a true sense of affection and compassion for the children while many others were simply there to punch the clock. Nobody would ever know though since the only time a manager would stop by was just to peek their head and and FIND something to take an issue with and be gone the next minute.

Advice to Management

Realize that the people in those classrooms working with the children are the ones doing the work that IS the actual work of your business. Maybe even get involved with that side of the operation every once in a while if for no other reason than to know who your good people are. A happy employee is a good employee. Treat the ones you hire with the respect and dignity that you show to your 10 year plus employees.

11. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher

I have been working at Triple R Child Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. I love the flexibility I have with my classroom. Great curriculum for each class but teachers are also able to adapt it to meet the needs of their classroom. Love the family atmosphere and the other teachers are amazing. You can tell this place not only cares about the children in their care but the whole family.

Cons

Four 10 hour work days can be long but I love having a day off each week.

Advice to Management

Management does a great job of trying to meet each employee's needs.