USAContactPoint Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"I started a couple months ago"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in East Waco, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in East Waco, TX

Pros

They do a good job taking care of you. They kind of hold your hand a little getting started, and I personally and pretty experienced so I did not need that, but I think it helped a lot f the people

Cons

They train you too much I think. I mean, they pay you while you are training which is good, but I don't think I really needed that much

Advice to Management

Let the eagles fly free! Do not make me train. I know what I am doing!

"Moneybee program via contactpoint usa"

Current Employee - Loan Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Loan Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at USAContactPoint part-time (More than a year)

Pros

money potential is excellent, but wait, there is something very wrong about this company. Please read on in the cons, section. Note: the word "cons"

Cons

they do not pay you for all of your sales. I was cheated out of sales. received credit for only 1 out of 4. After many hours of work... So, essentially , they steal from their agents. Nice, huh?

Advice to Management

stop stealing from your agents, you scammers! Pay your agents for all of their sales, Or face the consequences...a letter from your state attorney general.

"DON"T WORK HERE! Paid for talk time But not all of it/ Don't expect any help or questions answered"

Current Employee - Escalation/Customer Retention in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Escalation/Customer Retention in Clearwater, FL

Pros

Have worked for them for a while. they changed their call center hours, Have made lots of changes to pay scale.. ANY questions you have you are told to submit them and you never get a response. BUT you can set your own hours and work as much or as little as you want...

Cons

NO HELP! you get no answers from corporate. Now you only get paid for the first 5 - 20 minutes of your call (20 minutes only if you don't cancel the account, most all of the customers cancel and Demand refunds).. so if you on a call for 15min and the customer still cancels you get paid for only 5 min. Us supervisors get only 5 min per each call... use to be you could work 30 hours and get paid at least 300.00 so now we must sit st our computers work twice as long and only gey paid for 5 min each call... so not worth it ,this week I have averaged about 3.50 a hour be cause no call takes 5 minutes when your dealing with upset customers. when i did get a response on the new pay scale i was told we have more Reps signing up so i you wish to go else where we wish you luck... GREAT COMPANY NOT TO WORK FOR...... You are taking calls for websites like my score .com and profinity .com. most customers do not realize that the 29.95 MONTHLY fees come off their card automaticaly and when they call they are VERY UPSET.

Advice to Management

TRAET YOUR EMPLOYEES LIKE PEOPLE NOT NUMBERS!!!!!!!!! and FIX YOUR PAY SCALE TO NOT USE US!!

"Payment really out of date"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

The whole hire process in online and it could take you one or two days to start in production.

Cons

The payment structure has changed significantly now they pay you base on your retention which is really hard to convince customers who call saying they never sign up. The minimum-maximum you can make is 0.13 per minute because before it was really easy to cheat their system, now it has become really difficult.

Advice to Management

You are looking only for US agents, and now you have even request our whole identity information before we can continue working, for God's sake we are in 2015 now, a call center agent cannot work and be located in US for at least .20 to 25 per minute as a minimum.

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Retention Agent in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Retention Agent in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at USAContactPoint part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bonuses for tire one agents (the top 15% based on retention rate) are significant; I'm averaging around $20/hr as a retention agent...Flexible scheduling and ability to work from home office...

Cons

Educating customers on the product they are calling you to cancel and getting them to keep their service is challenging - you must have or develop strong sales/retention skills to get the top pay. Still, it's not hard to make it to Tier 1 - most people don't even work - many others work part time and are in it for the smaller "tier 10" check...If you apply yourself, you can easily move up to Tier 1 Agent and and get the big bonuses...

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! This is a gem of an opportunity...

"If you do good you get good"

Current Employee - I Take Calls for Them in Midland, TX
    Current Employee - I Take Calls for Them in Midland, TX

I have been working at USAContactPoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With these guys they give you more work if you work more. Other places I have worked they let the slackers get all the goodies but not here. That is why I think these guys are great.

Cons

There still are slackers and they kinda mess things up. I guess they need to hire a lot of people to get to the good people but whatever. Please don't join these guys if you want a paid vacation, it just slows everybody down.

Advice to Management

Don't spend so much time concentrating on the slackers. They are wasting a lot of your time and that is not good. Keep concentrating on the people taking the calls for you and that is best for you and everyone.

"Lack of Work"

Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Greensboro, NC

I worked at USAContactPoint part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

legit, work at home, flexible hour picking

In regards to this company, it starts out seeming as a nice opportunity. There are very few legit work at home companies, and this is one of them. You get to pick your hours according to how you wish to work. As long as you pick 25 hours per week you are safe. You don't need a line line phone to do this job, but rather you sign into their dialing system online a take calls using a USB headset. You can work as many hours as you choose.

Cons

no calls, independent contractor, too large of an hour requirement in reference to workload, pay by talk time, Big Waste of Time

The problem is the calls just don't come in. The calls are performance based, meaning the higher your rank, then the more calls you get, but the calls are unusually slow for normal call center work. Worse is you are paid by talk time on a per minute basis, so if you are not receiving calls you are not being paid. You are an independent contractor so they are not obligated by law to pay you minimum wage or even at all if you work an not one call comes in. I recommend only doing this while you are looking for a more stable job. I promise you have enough time between calls to fill out applications. I was a rank 2 agent, but workload was simply a waste of time. You are "scheduled" for 25 hours, but will be lucky if you make a $50 to $100 paycheck in that time frame. If your accepted the job based off of the sale that $0.18/min = $10.80 per hour, then this will disappoint you. You can only make this amount if you have calls coming in back to back. That is just a waste of time.

Advice to Management

Lower the hour requirement for working. If you aren't going to make everyone protected employee's, then don't force people to work a 25 hour minimum when they will not be paid for it.

8. "I love it"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

I love the training they give you to get started. I love how after a minute of a conversation you are already starting to make money. I love that I make my own schedule and if I can't make that schedule I don't have to worry about how many days I miss over my son being sick or just wanting to go out. I am my own boss.

Cons

I just hate some of the rude callers it makes for a long day.

"Better than I expected"

Pros

Get hired the same day, work from home, flexible schedule. I started my first day @ 9am this morning. I schedule myself for 4 hours. I only have 2 hours of talk time and I've already made $31.00. That's $15 per hour. My advice to newbies is, before you start your shift, give yourself about an hour to read the FORUM.

Cons

Script information, help etc are in the FORUMS. You need to read the forums before your shift if you want a good idea of how to handle a call.

"Excelllent"

Current Employee - Customer Service
    Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at USAContactPoint part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training is good too get started and begin work

Cons

Unhappy customer calling and when they sign up someone already took them thew reward and you have too
    repeat it too someone who do not want too hear it again they just wanted too cancel.it ok too tell them about the rewards again and lower there price if they would like too listem maybe they miss something.

Advice to Management

I have not be able too work because they ask for me too change password too enter work station
    I been out of touch with work and it been giving me the chance too be train again too work.