Unispec Reviews | Glassdoor

Unispec Reviews

Updated 20 Jun 2019

4.3
Unispec CEO Wesley McClure (no image)
Wesley McClure
Pros
  • "Recognition for hard work is high on their priority list(in 8 reviews)

• "Monthly Lunch and Learns are a great opportunity for employees to get together and learn about various topics(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "I've been here over 2 years and I have no Cons to add(in 5 reviews)

• "PTO is offered, but also doubles as sick-leave(in 4 reviews)

1. "I'm thankful for this company 😁!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Unispec full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unispec is a wonderful company to work for where employees, such as myself, are very happy that our efforts don’t go unnoticed. It is a true joy to know I have the good fortune of working for a company that not only strives to be the best in our field, but personally already is. As a contractor, we are not always so lucky to have senior leaders that stop by just to ensure we are okay; a company that covers training... costs to allow us to personally grow in our positions, from which I have at least 15 certifications; or a group of employees that really seem to want to help each other. Thank you to Wes, our HQ Office Staff, and all whom contribute to Unispec’s many successes; while maintaining a family friendly atmosphere. I look forward to continuing to grow with our company and in my position!

Cons

I've been here over 2 years and I have no Cons to add.

Advice to Management

More leave would only make an awesome place better. But honestly, just keep up the great work. Anyone that gets the pleasure of working with Unispec is making great strides in personal growth. Thank you for that!

Unispec2019-05-30
  2. "Be C"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Unispec full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Overall good work environment. Great benefits (health care and 401K). The salary for the position is much higher than market value.

Cons

Make sure you review your job description and ask questions about your day to day expectations. We have one position in our office that can't stay filled because the actual job is different than what was explained in the job posting and interview process. The position was marketed as a more advanced and fast-paced job but in reality the job involved basic admin duties like mailing letters and printing documents.... Only 10 days of sick & PTO combined. No upward mobility.

Unispec2019-06-20
  3. "Smart Worher"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at Unispec full-time

Pros

The pay is really good.

Cons

I have no cons at all with the company

Unispec2019-04-04
  4. "★ Unispec is a GREAT company! ★"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Unispec full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unispec is not only the best contracting firm I've known in the tri-state area, it is one the best companies (public or private) I've had the pleasure of working with. Unispec truly cares about their employees, encourages promotion from within and supports employees in both personal and professional growth. As it is with most great companies, good leadership sits at the helm within Unispec, and fully supports... great managers, who encourage employees to represent the company well as contractors. The recruiting is also stellar at Unispec, as all employees are unique and extremely capable. If you're searching for a remarkably challenging and rewarding career- this is the place.

Cons

PTO is offered, but also doubles as sick-leave. If you're going to work here, be sure your attendance is regular- or you will quickly run out of PTO. Again, the pros of working here far outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, and thanks for the opportunity to work with your team! ★

Unispec2018-08-14

"If you're skeptical, you're on the right path"

I worked at Unispec

Pros

The direct on site exposure to the client.

Cons

The passive aggressive management and executive leadership with limited areas to grow. Employees are bullied if they don't follow the social status quo. Be wary of the other reviews, employees are incentivized to write them. Talk to some current staff if possible before considering employment here.

Advice to Management

Incorporate ethics training for corporate and management teams. Teach leadership and growth mindset techniques to all employees.

Unispec2018-08-31

"Amazing company!"

I have been working at Unispec full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unispec is, hands down, the best contracting company I've ever worked for. They genuinely care about their contractors. Recognition for hard work is high on their priority list. They strive to keep morale high and treat us like we actually matter. From the spot awards to the numerous training opportunities, Unispec is stellar!

Cons

I don't have any complaints!

Advice to Management

Keep putting your contractors first and encouraging the best from them. Also, review your PTO and how it may eventually affect us. Life happens and time is always needed to deal with it.

Unispec2018-06-06

"Great company, just like family."

I have been working at Unispec full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unispec will do their best to place you where your skill set best fits. This company focuses on professional growth and they genuinely care about you as an employee and as a person. The team on the contract and in the corporate office is strong, friendly, and very hands on. Teamwork is key! I worked at this company some time ago and was able to come back years later, welcomed with open arms. This company values... talent and contribution.

Cons

None. I really don't have anything negative to say.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome and taking into consideration the feedback of your employees.

Unispec2018-04-20

"Impressed and Appreciated Employee"

I have been working at Unispec full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pride Unispec takes in its employees, to teach us courses included in their monthly to quarterly lunch n' learns, and ensure that we are well equipped with the best capabilities and mindset; is unsurpassed by other corporations. Through my experience, I've found there is no bottom of the totem pole with this company, as everyone is made to feel equally appreciated in every position. This kindness goes straight... up to our company President who takes the time to personally drop by and say hello, and let us know this is a safe space should we ever need to talk. He and Unispec HQ welcome employees to share our knowledge in a training to other employees, if we have anything we feel will benefit others. Here you are treated as friends and family, not just employees.

Cons

Honestly, after working with other contracting company's, I haven't found any here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Appreciated employees continue to work hard and strive to be the best. Your kindness only continues our drive while making the work day feel easier to handle.

Unispec2018-02-20
  9. "Relaxed Work Environment"

I have been working at Unispec full-time

Pros

Relaxed work environment. Great salary.

Cons

Leave benefits could be better. Sick Leave and Annual Leave are combined into a total of 10 days a year. It feels like I'm never able to take a vacation.

Unispec2018-02-21
  10. "Solid"

I have been working at Unispec full-time

Pros

Great people and community, fun monthly events and amazing benefits.

Cons

At the mercy of contractors, which can be strict.

Unispec2018-01-22