Unity Concepts Reviews | Glassdoor

Unity Concepts Reviews

Updated Dec 4, 2016

Found 13 reviews

4.0
Unity Concepts CEO Joel Price (no image)
Joel Price

"Great Opportunity to learn marketing,sales, and leadership!"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Unity Concepts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Super Fun Environment and culture! Enjoyable business trip to other offices in the country! Good money! Manager trains his guys well! It definitely is a team enviroment!

Cons

Direct Sales is challenging work, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Advice to Management

Take me to the National Conference in July!

Unity Concepts2015-04-02
  2. "blah"

Former Employee - Sales in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Unity Concepts full-time for less than a year

Pros

good money if you're into the job, can make a lot if you try really hard. Played games before work every day, that was fun. Had fun team nights

Cons

lied about what I would be doing when I asked at the interview. They do that a lot apparently. Worked too many hours, 10 hours a day, 6 days a week

Advice to Management

dont lie, work less

Unity Concepts2016-12-05
  3. "Not for somene who has a life"

Sales in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Unity Concepts

Pros

commission based. fun environment great boss!!! good source of exercise

Cons

commission based. no paid time off. no benefits they don't care if you have a family. door to door a lot of hours and not enough money

Advice to Management

Yal are doing great!!! the job just isn't fit for someone who has children or a life.

Unity Concepts2015-12-03
  4. "Perfect for high school graduates with no other options"

I worked at Unity Concepts full-time

Pros

The people were nice... I guess?

Cons

1. Straight up lied about the financial side of things 2. Straight up lied about how their company recruited people 3. They say they want managers when in reality they just want people to door to door sales for multiple years (6 days a week, 12 hours a day) before you move into said manager role. 4. Co workers consistently did not have the financial by which to buy snack at company outings and relied on the boss... to purchase food for them. 5. As someone who worked here briefly from out of state (Minnesota) I can tell you that unless you are from the Baton Rouge area don't even consider this company. Worst professional experience of my life. Period.

Unity Concepts2015-09-24

"Boring... I think not."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Unity Concepts full-time

Pros

There is so much potential for personal growth and advancement with Unity Concepts, at first I had people tell me that it sounded to good to be true but after getting to know everyone, hearing their personal stories and experiencing it first hand I have to say that I am grateful that I stuck with my gut and accepted the job offer . It is by far not your average boring 9-5:00 work schedule so if that is what you are... looking for then it is probably not the best fit for you. The business conferences and training that is provided to us is top notch and getting to travel always makes work fun. The constant energy makes every minute in the office fun and it's great to be able to say that you have a support system truly interested in helping you better your career.

Cons

Everyone at Unity Concepts starts off at the entry level which is something that I was a bit weary about at first because I do come from a background with prior management experience as well as a Bachelors degree. The thing people don't understand is that in order to become a great manager and leader you must have knowledge in every single aspect of the area you are working in. This company does a great job... providing the training and experience to make management very attainable.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing guys!

Unity Concepts2015-03-18
  6. "I had an okay experience working with this company. It was not at all what I expected, but I did learn a lot."

Former Intern - Intern in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Unity Concepts for less than a year

Pros

The office contained a fun and energetic energy. The people I worked with were great. There were plenty of opportunities for bonuses.

Cons

There was a high employee turnover. I did not receive adequate training until the latter portion of my internship. There were days I felt like I was given busy work, that did not pertain to my internship.

Advice to Management

Develop an internship program with a more structured layout.

Unity Concepts2015-03-20

"The most amazing place I have ever worked at. It's such a joy to be able to do something that I love to do."

Current Employee - Trainer/Leader in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Unity Concepts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unity Concepts has a great management team and from day one everyone has been extremely supportive. The potential for growth is amazing and I absolutely love the atmosphere. This is the type of job you wake up early for because you are so excited about going to work. The training program is tailored to enhance everyone's skills regardless of their background and create a strong path toward success. The people who... work at Unity concepts are really friendly, highly energetic and fun.

Cons

It is very challenging and requires you to be very solution oriented. You also have to be good with time management and maintaining consistency.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Unity Concepts2015-02-16

"Happy Happy Happy!"

Current Intern - Human Resources Intern in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Unity Concepts for less than a year

Pros

From the lime green walls in our lobby, to the passionate and caring managers, to the upbeat atmosphere that exudes out of our office doors every single morning, Unity Concepts has been the best internship experience I could have asked to have for my last semester in undergrad. Before being hired as the Unity Concepts Fall 2014 Human Resources Intern, my experience in the professional and business sphere was limited.... After my experience, I am confident in my abilities in human resources and administration. I love to write our blogs about the in-office promotions (which occur once or twice a week!) and hear the personal testimonies of how hard work and dedication in the sales industry really pays off! We have a great camaraderie among all of the Unity Concepts team, and I will certainly be sad to leave when my internship ends!

Cons

There's is certainly a learning curve involved in getting acclimated to the work and the day-to-day functioning of the office as there is with any professional job or internship; however, the trainers, administrative team, and managers make it so much easier to learn and are always willing to help.

Unity Concepts2014-10-15

"Fun environment, quick advancement, positive work atmosphere!"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Unity Concepts full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is the most upbeat, encouraging, and positive company I have ever worked for. Each and every employee is always willing to go out of their way to guide you in your progression of the company. Management doesn't just count you as another number, but another member in the family. There is always something to learn and challenge you, but not impossible. This is the type of company where you get to have fun and... meet new people all day, while still maintaining a business professional aspect with customers. Unity concepts helps grow individuals personally as well as professionally. I love this company and couldn't imagine spending my time anywhere else!

Cons

Each day you must be willing to wake up with a positive attitude and work hard, but that applies to any job out there! It is a full time job commitment, but with the great people and opportunities it is work it.

Advice to Management

I can see this company growing very large in future. Keep up what you're doing to maintain a great employee satisfaction!

Unity Concepts2014-07-08

"Great opportunity and growth potentials!"

Current Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Unity Concepts full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am a recent college graduate and within the past few months of working with Unity, I have learned more than my 4 years in college. I have gotten the opportunity to learn skills in marketing, sales, recruiting, administration, management and communication. The best part is I get to gain all these experiences in the most exciting atmosphere. I have made lots of great connections and friends during my time with Unity.... Couldn't have asked for a better first job out of college.

Cons

The hardest things I had to learn have been public speaking and presentation skills.

Unity Concepts2014-07-07