KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

UploadVR Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2018

Found 3 of over 3 reviews

3.8

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Amazing team and fulfilling work

Aug 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced environment where people have the flexibility to explore what interests them. Strong focus on education and building a better future using technology.

Cons

Lack of structure and sparse communication at times. The fast pace can be too much for some people.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Creative group of rockstars, important ideas for VR and AR

Mar 17, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with Upload I have been able to meet some of the most interesting people in the world. The energy in this company is electric and there are always opportunities for myself and my colleagues to suggest and enact new ideas. The management is fairly free flowing, encouraging employees to "surprise and delight" by trying new ideas. The culture is very fun and for a number of us, myself included, it feels like a family. We are a startup in every since of the word but that gives us flexibility and creativity beyond any workplace I have been in. There is a strong desire from upper management to create a diverse balance on the team (our last staff call was 50-50!).

Cons

The hours can sometimes be long, but leadership is usually flexible with coming into the office a little late after one of our events.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Former Employee

Stay far away!

Mar 22, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Beautiful office space. Healthy food. Friendly folk in co-working space. Opportunity to network with a wide range of VR professionals (3 star in Career Opportunities).

Cons

Leadership is basically non-existent. Founders have no idea how to manage, encourage, or appreciate their employees. The office culture is less than professional - It's not an conducive environment to work effectively. Staff is encouraged to participate in partying activities, and if not they're marked as the 'outsiders'. Leadership has an unhealthy appetite for power, and has on occasion demeans employees in an incredibly inappropriate way.

Continue reading