UploadVR Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 13, 2018

3.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing team and fulfilling work"

I worked at UploadVR full-time

Pros

Fast paced environment where people have the flexibility to explore what interests them. Strong focus on education and building a better future using technology.

Cons

Lack of structure and sparse communication at times. The fast pace can be too much for some people.

2. "Creative group of rockstars, important ideas for VR and AR"

I have been working at UploadVR full-time

Pros

Working with Upload I have been able to meet some of the most interesting people in the world. The energy in this company is electric and there are always opportunities for myself and my colleagues to suggest and enact new ideas. The management is fairly free flowing, encouraging employees to "surprise and delight" by trying new ideas.

The culture is very fun and for a number of us, myself included, it feels like a family. We are a startup in every since of the word but that gives us flexibility and creativity beyond any workplace I have been in.

There is a strong desire from upper management to create a diverse balance on the team (our last staff call was 50-50!).

Cons

The hours can sometimes be long, but leadership is usually flexible with coming into the office a little late after one of our events.

"Stay far away!"

I worked at UploadVR full-time

Pros

Beautiful office space. Healthy food. Friendly folk in co-working space. Opportunity to network with a wide range of VR professionals (3 star in Career Opportunities).

Cons

Leadership is basically non-existent. Founders have no idea how to manage, encourage, or appreciate their employees. The office culture is less than professional - It's not an conducive environment to work effectively. Staff is encouraged to participate in partying activities, and if not they're marked as the 'outsiders'. Leadership has an unhealthy appetite for power, and has on occasion demeans employees in an incredibly inappropriate way.

Advice to Management

Learn from your mistakes. Act in a professional manner. Treat others with basic respect. Eradicate the frat-like culture.