Valbin Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Valbin Reviews

Updated Dec 21, 2018

2.4
Valbin CEO Valbona Qerimi
Valbona Qerimi

"Fulfilling place to work"

I have been working at Valbin full-time

Pros

I enjoy working here and the entire Valbin team. I honestly do not understand all the negative comments about management- most of the rude reviews come from employees who don't even work in the same location as the owners, so how would they know? The owners take time to celebrate their employees' hard work by holding luncheons/holiday parties, issuing bonuses, etc. They take pride in their business AND their... employees.

Cons

Government contracting has it's difficult moments. There are tight deadlines and quick turnaround times occasionally.

Advice to Management

Continue to prove all the naysayers wrong :)

Valbin2018-06-25

"No ethics"

Current Employee - Arabic Linguist in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Valbin full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, life-work balance, decent pay

Cons

Favoritism, lack of morale, pay is not equal for same positions

Valbin2018-12-21

"Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst/Linguist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Valbin part-time for less than a year

Pros

None. It was a terrible experience

Cons

Government contract work that ended up going from full time to part time because accounting was so messed up that they didn't know how much money was coming in and had to cut everyone's hours.

Valbin2018-11-09

"Dont bother... look elsewhere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Valbin full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office is in a nice location but the office itself is like a 1 bedroom apartment....... with a den.

Cons

They play the minority card to get most of their business from the govt agencies. Management is very toxic (husband and wife operation basically). A lot of micromanagement. Their salaries are low and benefits are non existent. Seen a bit of racism around the office as well..... but funny since the CEO herself is a foreigner and has a very heavy accent.

Advice to Management

Close your business and open an ice ream shop or something.

Valbin2018-06-22

"RUDE UNPROFESSIONAL OWNERS"

Administrative in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Valbin for more than a year

Pros

Working with experienced people.

Cons

Late Paychecks, not responsive, rude owners, no place to grow. I can go on and on and on!!!

Advice to Management

Be more professional and respect your employees as human beings.

Valbin2018-01-01

"Awesome Team Members - Lousy Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Valbin full-time for more than a year

Pros

The team collaboration is awesome, everyone is very friendly, minor drama scenes once in a while, but the group is very congenial despite the hectic schedule. The tolerance level for beginners is extremely high for the first few months while you adjust. There are opportunities to grow in terms of knowledge and experience if you are willing to take advantage of what’s around you. The office staff tends to be very... helpful and nice as well - most of the time.

Cons

As a Reservist, this is probably one of the worst contracts you could get on. You get the time Valbin legally has to give you off, but there’s no sort of arrangement for pay as most contracting companies offer. It’s all in comparison, of course. Secondly, the management does not communicate at all with its employees. At first this was pretty cool, but when you’re struggling to meet hours for legit reasons, it... opens the doors for wild rumors and there is no attempt to fact find. Thirdly, there’s no substantial training provided, just work. The contract offers $500 a year, which fetches only fundamental training courses like how to use MS Office. One really needs to create training events for herself. Fourthly, there’s no team development of resource material, everything is done on your own, and ideas or tools to assist others are put down rather than worked on. Lastly, there are basic management concepts that are down right ignored, sometimes you feel like you’re working under sweatshop conditions.

Valbin2017-12-07

"Very Satisfied Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Valbin full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at Valbin since Spring of 2016 and it has felt like home from the moment I stepped through their doors. Employees are appreciated for hard work. Fast paced and amazing work environment. CEO and Management are truly compassionate and care about employee's well being. Employees are encouraged to excel to other positions. I am very happy working for this company. The fact that it's a woman owned... company is a bonus.

Cons

I wish it were closer to my home. The commute is a bit much, but it's worth to me.

Advice to Management

Nothing at this time.

Valbin2017-11-03

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Valbin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

What I love most is that hard work is rewarded. There is a strong team spirit that not only motivates you to thrive in this lively and fun environment but employees are encouraged to cross train which opens up other opportunities within the company.

Cons

The only downside for ME is the commute. Even with that, the ability to adjust your work schedule accordingly is a huge plus.

Valbin2017-11-02

"Nothing Really Good To Say - Decent Work/No Pay"

Current Employee - Role Player in Charles Town, WV

I have been working at Valbin part-time

Pros

My co-workers are the only thing that is good. Great team to work with. Only work once a week

Cons

Low pay, not enough work, management is terrible, programs associates are terrible, all corporate staff horrible and rude

Advice to Management

More pay more work

Valbin2017-11-14

"Linguist"

Current Employee - Screener Linguist in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Valbin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some pros for working at Valbin: 1).... 2).... 3).... There's nothing good about this place.

Cons

If I were to rate this company based on how terrible it is, it would get 5 stars. Reading everyone's 4-5 star reviews is hysterical. This company has terrible management, the corporate staff is constantly changing, the owner(s) are horrendous, everything pertaining to this company is OUTDATED. The only value the owners see in this company is what they are able to benefit from their "Beverly Hills" lifestyle. This... place has the highest turnover rates and is basically like a revolving door. Their corporate staff constantly coming and going...you want to know why? Because they know they cannot and SHOULD NOT work under an arrogant and condescending tyrant. Every single time you call their office, it is always someone new. I have never worked for a company that changes their staff like dirty laundry. Whenever I have pay issues (which is quite frequent), I have to wait days sometimes even weeks to get a response back from Accounting/HR. The corporate staff members are also arrogant and incompetent. Obviously the owners are rubbing off on them. I have worked here for a very long time, I have only ever seen 1 raise. We have to constantly beg my program supervisor to fight for us. We don't get raises because the owners and all their corporate staff pocket it. We do all the ground work, show us some respect! We work over 40+ hours a week, over 180+ hours a month, we deserve better compensation and please do not get me started on the crap health plan that Valbin offers. I am almost paying $1.2k for family plan...WHAT IS THAT? I don't understand how a company that has so much potential keep failing their most valued employees. It is a shame really.

Advice to Management

1) Value your employees 2) Take a look at your management and see what you can change to help the people who really need it 3) Get competent corporate staff 4) Better holiday parties/appreciations for the linguist on contract

Valbin2017-10-31