Vantage Reviews | Glassdoor

"Great company"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Lawndale, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Lawndale, CA

I have been working at Vantage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved my pay checks here. The most I ever got paid at any job. Not only that I did love the opportunity for growth to move up very rapidly.

Cons

Super great company only left because I got pregnant.

2. "Cna"

Former Employee - CNA in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - CNA in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

Good benifits, easy workload, interesting scheldue

Cons

Passing meds with no training

Advice to Management

Need more training

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Vantage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome work environment, great energy to motivate individuals. Opportunity for growth, however requires one to continuously mentor and build team.

Cons

Pay compensation is too low for the amount of long working hours.

Advice to Management

Create more titles and stability so that you can promote faster within.

"Scam Beware, they WONT pay you all the money they promise you!"

Former Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Vantage part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good work environment, positive people, nice comradery between workers, gives you great training for marketing

Cons

Lie, blatant lies about WHAT you will make in commission , the lie they spin, their mantra is 50 dollars per lead, the TRUTH is after you get 8 leads, after the 8th lead then yes 50 per lead, if you only do 7 leads, well you outta luck.... you have to generate 400 dollars in leads, then and only then after that do you then get 50 dollars per lead, they will try to disguise this fact in gibberish to confuse; or obfuscate this, so you don't FULLY understand where you are agreeing to.... if you get less than 8 leads you get zero commission! they play a bait and switch game with the facts... Also they bad mouth former employees to other employees, very shady company, when I asked them wheres my other day of training pay; they laughed in my face! Also if you get less then 5 leads you stay on part time, indefinitely, They don't pay for gas if you share a car, they're excuse is, "take a bus, its tax deductible" lol, when I realized this we both amiably parted ways, I would of spent more in transportation fee's, then the "salary" I would of gotten with part time pay, also finding out I wouldn't be getting paid the commission I was promised, was a giant factor in me not staying there! Also the guy who hired me, who was a navy seal, and an amazing manager and business leader, they fired and bad mouthed, shows you what kind of people they are to bad mouth a veteran who served our country proudly!

Advice to Management

Be upfront with the commission part of the salary, state the facts upfront, rather than obfuscating them within pages and pages of digital documents in size 2 font that you would need a attorney to decipher, also bad mouthing former employee's makes your company look bad

5. "Legitimate ! great place to work for motivated individuals."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Lawndale, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Lawndale, CA

I have been working at Vantage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to become a business owner or entrepreneur. Acquire significant transferable skills such as communication public speaking
    PR, teaching train and develop others to reach their full potential.

Cons

Mays become complacent with pay scale

Advice to Management

Continue to be as transparent and supportive as you have been. Providing room for growth.

"SImply the Best"

Current Employee - Acct Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Acct Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Vantage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company offers the chance to work with Fortune 500 companies. These Fortune 500 companies have done all the screening that you need. The growth and advancement opportunity is amazing. If you are willing to work, learn and be a sponge in a one year period you will be running your own office and overseeing a marketing campaign. What does that mean? $100k a year and opportunities to advance further. This is the real world and you reap what you sow, which means that you are not limited. On the other hand, if you want a slower pace you can choose that too.

Cons

The only con is that if you are lazy and are simply looking for a job with no growth or opportunity you might not like the effort of success.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

7. "LOVE THIS PLACE AND THE PEOPLE THAT WORK THERE!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawndale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawndale, CA

I worked at Vantage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are honest and easy to talk to. Anybody that writes a negative review is probably due to the fact that he/she could not cut it in the company. My paycheck never went below $700.00 every Friday. For those who complain because you think you got cheated...NO! YOU'RE LAZY! They have all kinds of documentation to back up and prove what paychecks are.

Cons

Typical office drama that the Owner is rarely made aware of. When she did find out about it, she'd squash it then.

Advice to Management

You are doing an excellent job; and the proof is on the wall. :) Keep it up Vantage!!!

"Great place to learn and grow!!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Manhattan Beach, CA

I have been working at Vantage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a fast paced company that really offers a lot of room to grow, and grow fast! I have definitely gained a wealth of knowledge in business and marketing while working here. The culture is amazing: my co-workers are like friends and family and not just people I give a dry "hi" to in the morning. Though this company is very professional and we work hard, we play hard and have fun together as well.

Cons

Must be willing to work hard and like a challenge. This company is not for the lazy or the weak-minded.

"The perfect opportunity... for the right person - NOTE: I could be wrong! This is based on 3 days of experience"

Former Employee - Entry Level Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Vantage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Short Version:
    Truly incredible coworkers and leaders
    Superb corporate culture
    Quick advancement opportunity
    Almost unlimited earning potential
    Paid crash course in business

TL;DR Version:
    You get to work with AMAZING people who really care about their coworkers, who have their priorities in order, who are working to grow as people and as professionals. The corporate culture is just really fantastic, and there is insane earning and advancement potential. It is a promising program which will teach you almost everything about owning and running a business. They do this because they are looking to train future management ASAP. Employees who perform well can expect to advance in the company within 2-4 weeks and begin training new recruits. Those who continue to excel can expect their own office location and their own staff within a year. I spoke to multiple people who had advanced that quickly. HOWEVER...

Cons

Short Version:
    Unpaid Training
    No benefits
    Poor work-life balance
    Demanding schedule: 9 hours M-F + 6 hours Sun

TL;DR Version:
    The three day, 8-9 hours a day training is unpaid. Candidates are informed of that, though they have to ask carefully. I don't think that's deviousness on the part of the company; I think they pay structure is just complicated, and it's easy to get confused or misunderstand. The entry level position is a sales position, and it does involve approaching strangers at a retail location all day long, up to 50 people per hour, in order to pitch them a product or service. The things you pitch are of good quality which are useful to the right consumer, but customers are understandably resistant to being approached for any reason. The earnings are commission based. There is a minimum wage safety net, but anyone performing at minimum wage level will be asked to leave in short order. Employees are scheduled for 8 hours, but are paid for 7, because there is a mandatory 1 hour lunch, which employees are very subtly discouraged from taking (by their peers, not by managment) in favor of gaining more sales. In addition, many employees stay an additional unpaid hour in the evening to gain more sales. This all sounds bad, but it makes a certain sense from a commission-based standpoint, since pay in centered on leads, not hours. The pressure to perform is intense. While your team is motivated to help you succeed, and then will try to teach you and refine your approach, if you don't get the numbers, you will be cut. There are no benefits at any level of the company as far as I know, though I never asked directly about the salaried upper management positions. Those who advance to the 3rd level (2-3 months) seem to have enough money to not need them. This is a great position for charismatic people with nerves of steel. Those who can hack it are richly rewarded.

Final notes: I am the ultimate skeptic, yet in three days they managed to convince me that they were everything that they seemed to be. I strongly encourage those who fit the profile to try it out. But if you have some nagging doubts after three days, if you just don't know if it's for you, don't beat yourself up, or let the company tell you that you aren't working hard enough. This job is not easy. It is not for everyone. If it's not for you, appreciate the opportunity you got, remember the experience fondly, and move on. Maybe come back to this site and write about what happened. ;)

Advice to Management

I would urge you to develop that sincerity you already have with your employees. Most of the time, I was shocked and amazed by how open and honest the management at this company seemed to be. It was incredibly refreshing to feel like I could trust my boss, that my leaders were just laying it all out on front street, nothing to hide, no hidden agenda. However, there are times when I felt as though the marketing strategies being taught to your employees, which I can and will not detail, as they are proprietary and thus confidential, were being used on your employees, particularly new ones. Maybe it's because that is effective. All companies try to maximize the productivity of their employees in some way or another, and maybe that's an effective way to retain recruits when they are struggling with adapting to the program. Appealing to impulse is certainly more cost-effective than compensating those who are learning the ropes and thus not yet effective at earning commission. But whatever the reason, it felt like manipulation, and it made the whole company seem more suspicious, more like a scam. And it must be said that perhaps I am wrong, and there is no actual conscious effort to use those impulse strategies on your employees. In that case, I would suggest that you might be applying pressure subconsciously. As you read this, you may feel very defensive. I implore you to revisit my earlier comments, and remember that I left your employ with the firm opinion that Vantage is a wonderful company offering a wonderful opportunity, one for which I regret I am not better-suited. I am merely offering a note of caution or an alternate viewpoint, in the event that what I felt was not merely a misconception. Let me give you a few examples to substantiate what I've said. The first thing which made me uneasy was the way in which that compensation for the next few months was described in detail, but compensation for the next few days of training was glossed over. (This may have been unintentional, as I mentioned above. It simply elicited unease.) My next pang of hesitation came when I had to ask several times before someone would explain to me precisely when I was expected to work. I knew when I should arrive the next day, but had no idea when I was working past that. When I finally got an answer, it was presented as though it should be obvious that I was expected to work 6 days a week. I didn't mind the schedule itself, I just didn't like the implication I felt, that by asking about the schedule I was less dedicated to the work. My dissatisfaction was compounded during the days of my training: first, we were expected to arrive 15 minutes early, which was fine; then, I was informed that most employees stayed an hour later than required in order to get more sales, which again made sense from a commission-based pay point of view; but I did get distinctly uncomfortable when it became obvious that none of my coworkers took more than one or two 5-10 minute breaks during their 9 hour shifts. There was a definite subtle pressure, a sense that actually taking even 30 minutes of our 1 hour unpaid lunch was something only lazy employees would do. Over the days of my training, I asked many blunt and brutally honest questions of my trainers, because I wanted to know about the company behind the enthusiastically repeated rhetoric of quick advancement. My trainers were wonderfully patient with my questions, but it was obvious that my skepticism was not really a valued quality in a candidate. I continued pressing, however, because I had been taken advantage of by employers before. The more I asked for specifics, the more rhetoric I encountered. They honestly seemed confused that I would doubt the company's smooth phrases. I only managed to explain my reservations by talking about how I had once been a hostess for six weeks, each day being told that my server training would start "the next week." My trainer seemed shocked that I thought Vantage would do something like that. I couldn't believe how much I felt like the only person who had ever asked if this program was represented truthfully in its marketing campaign! The many many times I was counseled to stop holding back and dedicate myself to the program really made me feel that somehow I was being fleeced. The biggest red flag I had was on my third day of training, when the newly appointed regional manager delivered a rousing speech to her employees, including myself and four other trainees. She orated enthusiastically about how those who didn't succeed in her program and dropped out of training did so because they simply didn't want it bad enough, how they were just lazy and didn't want to work hard enough to succeed. One account manager tried to suggest that this program also just wasn't for everyone, a sentiment with which I wholeheartedly agree. The regional manager, however, disagreed with him. She seemed like she was usually quite kind, intelligent and reasonable, but on this point she was unbending: anyone who left the program, did so out of laziness and lack of ambition. After the meeting, I was asked to stay back and speak to her in her office. There, she asked me if I thought that I was in the right program. I didn't mind being asked, and I quite enjoyed talking with her, but I had the distinct impression that I was called in because I had been skeptical of the program at first, and it felt as though that skepticism was being chastised. The whole training experience combined being enthusiastically recruited with being evaluated and just barely qualifying to make one disingenuous whole. To repeat, I don't know if this was intentional, and it didn't stop me from liking and respecting everyone at Vantage, or from eventually concluding that the program was in fact genuinely valuable. And I speak from a position of optimistic naïveté; I know that what I've described is par for the course in the business world, and thus barely worth comment. However, since Vantage is a place so full of genuine and outstanding people which has such a positive and transformative culture, I hope that you find a way to present yourselves and this terrific opportunity that feels more authentic.

"Real"

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Vantage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been able to accomplish so much with Vantage. I started out just like everybody else in the program, and through my hard work and dedication, along with the guidance of management, I have been given the opportunity to manage my own marketing firm. The opportunity is so REAL!

Cons

Hard hard work. Must be willing to grow both professionally and personally. Must have a strong work ethic and student mentality. Not for your average 9-5er, Must be looking for a career.

Advice to Management

Keep striving for excellence.