Varipoint Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

"Experience was okay but very fast interview about 10 minutes."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Varipoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young laid back environment... Very friendly individuals... If you want to do sales great! but if not Do not waste your time and money for the interview !!! Everything is based on commission then you work yourself up to Account Management based on performance so if you really like sales and are willing to work under commission go ahead its a great place.

Cons

No base salary mostly commission .. face to face sales ...

Advice to Management

Should be more DIRECT to individuals who are interested when asking questions about the job, it will do them a favor as well as not waste your time or theirs.

2. "account representative"

Former Employee - Account Representative/Corporate Trainer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Account Representative/Corporate Trainer in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Varipoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can honestly say there are no pros working at this company

Cons

this company is a pyramid scheme targeting recent college grads

"Straight out of the MLM playbook"

Former Employee - Junior Executive Manager Trainee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Junior Executive Manager Trainee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Varipoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Valuable life lesson to stay away from places like this business.

Cons

use your own gas to peddle the product
    comission only
    door to door sales most likely with people who don't want to hear your pitch

Advice to Management

They won't change because MLM companies only have one way to profit. Prey on employees and have them use their own resources for the company. If the fail then the employee didn't work hard enough. If they do well then you tell them to open their own office and repeat the cycle.

"PYRAMID SCHEME - WASTE OF TIME"

I worked at Varipoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was lied to from start to finish. Employees are fun sometimes, but I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Cons

DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THIS COMPANY SAYS - IT IS FAKE, A SCAM, FRAUD, AND PEOPLE DO NOT PROGRESS UNLESS THEY LIE TO YOU ABOUT THIS "OPPORTUNITY" - THE OWNER DOESNT EVEN SHOW UP FOR MOST DAYS! LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE AND OTHERS. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

I was told over the phone that the average SALARY for the job was 30-40k per year. During the interview the guy told me there are "bonuses." Later I find out its FULL COMMISSION, and even that NEVER added up right. I NEVER got a paycheck that was what I was supposed to make. After almost 3 weeks there, I hadnt even received a paycheck. It is clear from the other posts on here that this happens frequently (except for the two that were obviously written by the manager people)

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. YOU WILL LEAVE EMPTY HANDED AND IN DEBT!

Advice to Management

Be honest and upfront throughout the interview process and with your employees. BE THERE.

"Do not waste your time"

I worked at Varipoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will never have an experience like this that can train you for the real world. If you can learn to be successful doing this, you can succeed anywhere.

Cons

You will train well over 150 hours and get paid 50$. You will spend 6 hours a day going door in territory that has already been worked.

Advice to Management

Give your employees some sort of a salary.

"RUNAWAY!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Varipoint full-time

Pros

There are not positive things about working for a CULT

Cons

NO ONE MAKES MONEY!!!! Everyone lives together bc they are all so poor. New starts don't see their first pay check until after 3 weeks(3 weeks no pay, NO THANKS). The position is 100% commission and you work 60+ hrs a week! Everyone you work with is fake bc they need you there in order to get to the top(management). Also they say the management training program only takes 12-18 months, most people I talked it took 2 years or longer. There are also people still working there that have been there for 2+ years and have made no progress to closer to management. Every morning you are required to come to the office for morning meetings, where you are required to stand for 2 hours at a time. IT IS A CULT and A SCAM! Honestly be smart DO NOT work for Varipoint, it was the worst decision I ever made and the worst job I ever had!!!!!

Varipoint Response

Dec 5, 2013 – CEO

I'd first like to personally apologize to you that you ever felt like our work relationship was "fake" and that our intentions as a company wrongfully hurt you in any way. That is not how I run ... More

7. "Hard work, little reward and those two don't mix with me very well."

I worked at Varipoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can be your own boss, no one breathing down your back about where to be every second of the day, and you can set your own schedule and move at your own pace.

Cons

Your outside almost all day selling Verizon Fios door to door and unless you have your pitch down to the core, it's very difficult to make a sale, despite all of the literature and training they give you. They make you feel welcomed everyday and encourage their employees to always do well, which is nice, however it's too hard for me to make a living on a job with straight commission, which is why I quit. Also you work just about all day from around noon until 8 or 9 at night depending on what your status in the field is and you also have to work Saturdays from 9:30 to 3:30, which is lame since you only get one day off during the whole week. If you're really close with your loved ones or significant other, this may not be the job for you.

Advice to Management

Offer both salary and commission to help your employees get off on the right foot.

"Account Representative - Varipoint"

Current Employee - Account Management Position in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Account Management Position in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Varipoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very Transparent - you get to see exactly what you'll be doing in the position
    Great overall energy - laid back, young energetic culture "work hard, play hard mentatlity"
    Vibrant office space - open roof top with a driving range
    Not to mention the free ice cream in the lobby!!

Cons

Its was raining out during my second interview, did not prepare for the weather
    I had to wait 24 hour to know if I was offered the position

Advice to Management

Could be more informative on preparation for a second round interivew

9. "Good entry level job to build sales skills."

Pros

Training, coworkers, work environment. The money can be very good if you work for it.

Cons

Working Saturdays, hours are kinda Long, but my days usually went quickly.

Advice to Management

Try to be a little more transparent during interview process.

10. "Friendly people, but company is not as advertised"

Pros

Friendly, upbeat people, seemed like a good work environment and they seemed to be very focused on working as a team.

Cons

Completely not as advertised, borderline deceptive during the interview process.

Advice to Management

I applied for this job, as it was listed as an entry level marketing, advertising position. During the interview I was also led to believe that they were a marketing firm with large clients who they did advertising for. I went back for another interview and found out that it was merely door to door sales. I spent my entire day walking around in 85 degree weather while wearing business formal attire (which they stated was their dress code), knocking on doors watching the person I was shadowing try to get people to sign up for Verizon Fios. It made me incredibly uncomfortable, as the majority of people were very hostile and my lead was what you would call "pushy." After my day was over I was called back and offered a position but I did not accept.

The people who worked at this company were incredibly friendly and accommodating. It made me sad because they really seemed like people I would have enjoyed working with and developing a relationship with, but the type of job was not what I was expecting at all, nor would I have ever chosen it for myself. If you are a door to door sales business, you should advertise as such, and not label yourself as anything other than what you are, especially during the interview process. People have a right to know what they're signing up for and I feel this company would greatly benefit from more honesty in the hiring process.