ViaMetric Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Allen Finch

1. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at ViaMetric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I moved to Austin with only enough money for a few months rent. I took the first job that I was offered and I am still here 5 years later. This company has provided me opportunity, growth and great people to work with. I enjoy the work environment and have no plans to leave.

Cons

I currently do not have any particular cons to discuss in regards to Viametric. When I find myself upset about something with my job it is usually a reflection of my personal state of mind.

2. "Great Job and Experience"

Current Employee - Systems Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at ViaMetric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the best jobs I've had in the business. The company definitely rewards 'self starters.'

Cons

Not a place for posers, or people who are not 'self starters.' The only problem I see is the difficulty in finding people who want to work, instead of complain. Growth has resulted in some false starts with people recently, but at least management is quick to correct a bad hiring decision.

Advice to Management

Invest in more automation of systems to accommodate growth, as opposed to hiring through it. Share more of the spoils of the company's success with the people who are here and make it happen.

3. "Fast paced company quickly to adapt to market trends"

Current Employee - Client Services in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Client Services in Austin, TX

I have been working at ViaMetric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to learn a variety of demand generation techniques and skills. You work on behalf of hundreds of interesting clients and have the opportunities to design and implement strategy for their marketing and sales campaigns. It's a small company that is constantly evolving and growing to meet customer demands. You will have an open door policy to management and autonomy to bring new ideas to the the table. Good team atmosphere

Cons

It is not a company for people that cannot adapt to change or just want to maintain the status quo.

Advice to Management

Discuss company strategic goals and benchmarks more frequently so everyone remains on the same page.

5. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Business Development in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Business Development in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at ViaMetric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's an opportunity where there aren't many. If you have any ambition this is the right company for you to learn, grow, and potentially be really lucrative. Not a very large company that services many companies large and small so many people wear many hats. CEO has an open door policy. I have been here for going on 5 years and can't imagine myself being anywhere else.

Cons

I have none to speak of which is why I am still here and have been for 1/2 a decade.

Advice to Management

I have none or I would walk into the manager's office and relay it to them instead of hiding behind a CPU.

"Great Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at ViaMetric full-time

Pros

A really nice group of people to work with. Everyone is eager to do what it takes to make the company successful and you can learn a lot if you’re willing to dig in. Benefits and bonus plans are also great.

Cons

This isn’t a “stare at the clock and wait for 5PM” gig. There’s a lot of work to be done and a lot of great clients that are depending on your team for a stellar program. You definitely need to be present and ready to show your “A game.”

Advice to Management

Slow down and enjoy the ride.

"Opportunity for those that want it, but you gotta really want it!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at ViaMetric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can make as much as the work that you ask for. Casual but serious work environment. Ability to speak with VP and CEO about concerns big and small, and have them fix it.

Cons

In the past, there was not a mechanism to ask for more opportunities (fixed). Some night/weekends required, but not many and it compensates.

"Egocentric and Narcissistic management"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at ViaMetric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, coworkers, commute, clocking out at 5.

Cons

Paychecks come with strings attached and at times, animosity. Business model failures at the basic level lead to blaming employees for management ineptness. Leads are generated from massive bombardment of emails, to the point where prospects jump on the phone with clients just to get them off their radar. Which leads to a sense of guilt and non comforting sense of purpose . The office feels like you're in a digital sweat shop. An "HR Manager" who lives and works out of state who hasn't met some of the staff. The departure of 4 employees in a few months...The list goes on...

Advice to Management

Respect, respect, respect. Take ownership and accountability instead of blaming others. Business model needs a huge overhaul. Overpromising and berating staff for not making a gallon out of a quart destroys morale. Expectations are way over the top and unrealistic.

"Upper Management Disaster"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at ViaMetric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent salary and competitive nature of work.

Cons

Good sales people that are not treated equally.

10. "Repetitive, boring sales. 150+ calls per day"

Former Employee - Entry Level Inside Sales (Telemarketer/Cold Caller) in Austin, TX

Pros

Not a lot of pros... paid $12.50 / hr to make roughly a thousand phone calls per week to cold call Inc 5000 companies. Miserable.

Other employees were cool, its just that the job is crap.

Cons

The job itself, but then again, twas my fault for taking it.

Advice to Management

Focus on employee development more;
    find some avenues to employee advancement (or at least a semblance of it);
    give employees raises

"ViaMetric is ok"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Really, there are some very good people that work here. The model is undergoing some changes. If you just want a standard day job, its an ok place to work. The owner is a very well spoken individual and truly wants the best for his company. I can attest to the fact that the place is very dynamic, and when a big contract comes in, there is money to be made.

Cons

Performance expectations, as an entire company, are very high. There are several reasons for this. As with many companies, the weight of this burden, overextending, falls on the front line: warm and cold call sales.

Advice to Management

I don't think there is any advice I can offer that hasn't been given. One guy wrote "put some plants in." This kind of nonsense carries no weight to somebody that is business minded like myself. Plants in an office won't make my bank account happy. Big deal.. bring your own plant.

Where this company will be in a year - who knows. Based on my own forecasting, it wasn't a place for me to achieve any sort of long term growth. Others may have a different opinion.