Virool Reviews

Updated Sep 10, 2020

4.1
Virool CEO David Fisch (no image)
David Fisch
1 Rating
Pros
  • "What makes up the heart of any organization is not the product, or the service, or a penthouse suite - it's the people(in 6 reviews)

• "Fast paced, personable and knowledgeable employees, fun work environment(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "ceo alex(in 6 reviews)

• "The work environment is now tumultuous at best, and at any minute you may feel that the company is on the verge of collapse(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "NA"

Former Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Virool full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good culture and great leadership

Cons

Nothing cons to state here

"Had an amazing experience!"

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Virool full-time for more than a year

Pros

Was my first time working at a startup, and I instantly fell in love with it. The people were extremely smart, go-getters, who also knew how to have fun. The culture was the typical startup grind, with awesome perks and tightly knit team. It's been some time since i've worked at Virool, but I'm a bit surprised by the harsh critique of management. Alex in particular, was very smart and went out of his way to praise employees on a job well done. He did have a tendency to micro-manage, but was never over whelming. I learned a lot working at Virool that I was able to take onto my next venture.

Cons

Constant changes in strategy and plans for the sales team from sales managers. Some perks quickly faded away as the company scaled and management realized they weren't feasible.

"Virool - The definition of Work Hard Play Hard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Virool full-time

Pros

Its hard to find a company that at an entry level position, you not only have a voice, but can have a serious impact on the company. Virool is that and much more. There are constantly new opportunities to step up and be a leader, no matter the seniority or stature. The culture itself, may be on of the best aspects about Virool. From day one, you are brought into a close-knit family of people, that care about your success in and out of the office. I enjoy coming to work (even on my worst day), because I know that the people around me will support and help me through the highs and lows. Lastly, Virool promotes the idea of being a Green Banana. This notions, is never being content with what you know or your abilities. You should always be improving and pushing yourself to learning more, and the people at Virool will hold you to that. This is truly an amazing trait for any organization (especially when it is organic and not forced).

Cons

Working at a start-up is going to always have certain cons. First, a company is started and as it grows, the structure is built. This can be troubling when looking for set in stone career path. Virool doesn't have a career path fully set, but is something being ironed out everyday. The next thing is most people don't work a typical 9-5 job. In a start up, there is always more to do or things to fix. This means, on occasion, people work late nights and weekends to make sure everything is working smoothly. Luckily, the people around you can make any long night feel a lot shorter.

Continue reading

"We're on a rocket ship to space, and we all get to put our hands on the steering wheel !"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Virool full-time for less than a year

Pros

We have fun together in and out of the office, and we work late because we want to. Everyone can communicate unfiltered opinions and be listened to. Sometimes I suggest changes to product or other areas outside my role, and if people agree, we implement immediately. Our sales are growing fast, we've fixed a lot of the issues with not having enough process, we're hiring in all the right areas to tackle our biggest obstacles. People here rock, I seriously love this team. Genuinely good people with a lot of talent. We care about each other, our clients, our work, and we know how to have fun. You are recognized for your efforts and successes, and coached well through failures. We've started to take coaching and professional development a lot more seriously and it's paying off.

Cons

I'm really sore from last night's company event at House of Air playing trampoline dodgeball, and I lost my ID at our boat party the week before.

Continue reading

"The best organization I've been a part of"

California in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Virool

Pros

What makes up the heart of any organization is not the product, or the service, or a penthouse suite - it's the people. This is an organization full of intelligent and creative individuals without an air of complacency. Culture is an industry word that can be watered down but at Virool it's the backbone of a family. This is a place where you are encouraged to put good ideas to work, even if it's outside your role. We are constantly reminded of the impact we can make as individuals which is a testament to the leadership.

Cons

This is a fast-paced industry and we move at the speed of light. Changes come early and often at times.

Continue reading

"Memories that will last a lifetime"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Virool full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed and loved every single moment that I got to spend at Virool over the last year. The team, energy, and all the crazy marketing stunts that we did created memories that will last a lifetime. At Virool, I truly felt at home and where I could have an impact on culture and product direction. In my limited work experience thus far, Virool has grown to become a family and I loved working here. The people I met there have become friends for a lifetime.

Cons

At times, some projects felt disorganized and I felt overworked. The upper management needs to set more clear goals for their departments, that would allow us to do our job more efficiently.

Continue reading

"BEST YEARS OF MY LIFE!!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Virool full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Awesome people and office! -Loved the perks of working at Virool (gym, health benefits, lunches, trips, parties, etc.) -Fast growing company, fast paced working environment! -The work was rewarding for me as a seller (was able to grow with the company) -Got to travel for meetings and had a generous expense account for clients

Cons

-The hours were long (by choice though, I wanted to get ahead and it was a bit competitive)

Continue reading

"One of the fastest growing startups in SF Bay Area"

I have been working at Virool full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Hands down, best team to work with. Very team oriented and open communication. - Team is very diverse, but gets along together very well - Learned so much within a short period of time - It's a growing company, everyone contributes ideas - Online video advertising is one of the hottest new industries to be in Virool is growing crazy fast. There's definitely a lot to do, and you'll work with some of the most talented, dedicated people ever.

Cons

The hours are long. Do not expect it to be a regular 9-5. It's a start-up that's growing very fast so there is always work to be done.

"The Best Professional Experience Thus Far"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Virool full-time for more than a year

Pros

I come from a different industry, but at Virool I became quickly immersed in the world of online video advertising. I really enjoy working with passionate people on the daily basis and team that thinks BIG. Honestly, I wouldn’t trade experience here for anything else. I like all of the corporate events and team bonding activities we’ve done. We’ve had a team retreat in Tahoe, done zip lining and Tough Mudder together. All of these experiences brought us closer as a team.

Cons

You are expected to give 110% every day. This can be tough when personal issues arise.

Continue reading

"Great Opportunity to Grow and Develop"

I have been working at Virool full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Over the course of the last one and a half years, I've grown as an engineer and professional - I got to work on some challenging tasks and learned some new technologies I had never used before - Working alongside a team of top-level engineers has been very beneficial toward my career - Alex Petrov, the Head of Engineering, has been a great mentor to me - Due to the top management team being quite transparent about everything happening to the company, I also learned a lot about decision making and business in general

Cons

From time to time, working for a startup can be more challenging than for a big corporation—you get to work on tasks that may not be specifically within your area of expertise. In a word, if you've never worked for a startup before, you may find yourself out of your comfort zone.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 English Reviews