Visionary Promotions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Anna Ferrandino
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Useful Real World Experience"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at Visionary Promotions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Part time college student and part time worker
    - Really enjoyed being able to use my college learning and put it together with real world experience
    - Super friendly environment
    - Everyone pushing each other to succeed
    - Fun travel opportunities (I went to Florida for two weeks to work)
    - Was able to learn how to interview people and do inventory management
    - Guaranteed days off

Cons

- Hours were on the long side, but when working with another individual they were usually always enjoyable

Advice to Management

- Keep doing what you are doing! She is super friendly! :D

"SCAM!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Pros

I have no pros for this company.

Cons

This company is a scam in every since. A branch from smart circle (look it up) that gives you NO useful experience and is by no means a resume builder of any sort. You will stand in grocery stores and harass people for minimum wage. It's all very very messed up and sad.

Advice to Management

Don't scam your employees and consumers.. It's a terrible way to live.

"Not as advertised."

Former Employee - Campaign Manager (Thats What They Call Entry Level) in Richmond, VA

I worked at Visionary Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will get sales experience, maybe.

Cons

You do not get any actual marketing, PR or advertising experience. I worked for 10 days straight, some days all by myself. You stand there at a booth or table inside a sams club or costco for 8 hours. There is also an hour long meeting (more like a pep rally) every weekday morning, regardless of whether you are scheduled to be in the store for that day or not. Plus, every two weeks you are needed to set up the next event at a sams club location, which can be as far away as colonial heights. You ONLY GET PAID WHILE IN SAMS CLUB. at NO OTHER TIME will you be given an hourly wage for time worked. This equates to easily 10 extra hours each week unpaid.

Anna Ferrandino owns a small branch subsidiary of a company called "Smart Circle". Legally, they are two separate entities, but financially, Visionary promotions feeds into smart circle.

If you want more information on the company that is smart circle, try looking them up on this very website

Advice to Management

Anna, you are lying to your employees. There is only one career path, and it pays kind of okay, but you dont tell them about the 90% of people who enter the program that also leave within a few months. How can a company go through that many employees and be an opportunity of a lifetime?

"Hard work but learned lots!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Visionary Promotions (Less than a year)

Pros

- Group leaders are very helpful and resourceful
    - Encouraging environment
    - Boost your motivation to do well every week
    - Awesome people to work with

Cons

- Hard work & long hours
    - Be prepared to be pushed out of comfort zones (could be a good thing if you can overcome them!)

"A great learning experience with room for advancement."

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Visionary Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a smart company that has a lot to offer the right person. There is a program of systems one must learn and "be able to teach back", before advancing. This system teaches people to be responsible both in business and in life. Take responsibility for yourself, and for your team, and even your clients.

I can tell you from experience, there is room for you at the top. It isn't that hard for a person with a good attitude to make it to assistant manager in a year, and then to becoming a manager shortly after that. I have been to a couple of conferences, and have met many people from campaign managers to assistant managers to managers. to ordinary people at the top of management. They are all dedicated and grateful they stuck with it through the trying times.They are all making money and are willing to pass on valuable information to make sure you do too. I plan on being one of them.

THERE IS A LOT TO LEARN, and a great deal of money to be made if you are willing to relocate, and really dedicate yourself. Do not listen to the complainers, as there will be those in every crowd! The ones who do well have nothing to complain about, as they are too busy making money and having fun. If you are smart, and like to travel, this just might be a great job for you.

I have never worked an hour I was not paid for. I am also grateful for the opportunity to progress through the levels.

Cons

This business is truly not for everyone. There is turnover, as in any business that hires a lot of young people right out of college. It can be hard to watch and participate in the training of a teammate, only to have them decide that it isn't "for them", once they have their hands on the "free stuff"

Advice to Management

I know of some of the challenges you have faced with turnover, and an after Christmas slump in sales, but don't take it too personally. You do a great job, and I hope to be as good of a manager as you are in the somewhere near future.

"Opportunity of a lifetime."

I worked at Visionary Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After reading some of the other reviews I feel it is my moral obligation to step in here and clear the air...

I worked at Visionary Promotions for about 5 months. It was both the hardest and easiest job I have ever had. The goal at Visionary Promotions is to prepare people for a management position in a six to nine month time frame. It sounds too good to be true to a lot of people because they simply do not have the drive to make it happen. EVERYONE at VP is given the same tools, the same guidance, the same skill sets, and information as everyone else... but not everyone utilizes it correctly. At the end of the day EVERYONE wants to be a manager but the harsh reality of the real world is not everyone should be or is willing to do what it takes to be. It takes hard work and dedication to prepare someone to run a business. If it was easy everyone would do it.

I read these reviews and being someone that came through that office and really has a good understanding of the ends and outs of the business- its clear to me that neither of those individuals understood what they were doing. Their highlight is they get "free stuff." My highlight is I acquired a skill set that can be used in almost any business on how to run an office, stay organize, time-management, recruiting, advertising, accounting, promotional advertising and so much more.

I was paid for every second that I worked and made far more than $300/wk.I almost always received at least forty hours a week the times I didn't was because I showed up late, or I requested time off. I went on business trips (a requirement of the position brought up in the interview), and traveled to conferences on the office's behalf. All of this was paid for free and clear up front. Anything that I did have to purchase for the company (i.e. supplies, gas, etc.) I was reimbursed on my following paycheck.

The program is designed to reward those who are deserving. If you're the type of person that wants to work for someone else, have an easy day... come in at 9am, get your work done and leave by 5pm. The type of person that wants to Clock-in/clock-out and call it a day while making a mediocre salary then this is not the place for you. Not only are you not going to find that here, but you're not going to survive as a business owner with that mentality anyways. If you're a hard working individual that likes to see that your effort and hard work gets rewarded- then you should really consider this. This is an opportunity and it is plenty real. Fortunately, I was a top performer in the office. I had the privilege to travel to other offices and conferences and meet others in the industry and really understand what the opportunity was that laid before me.. After a measly six to nine month time frame (which is NOTHING in the corporate world) a hard-working person has the ability to become their own boss. Write their own paycheck. Make their own schedule. And feasibly make upwards of six figures their first year as a manager. It is literally the American dream neatly packaged with a bow on it waiting for the right individuals to take it.

Unfortunately opportunities like this do attract the weak. They like what they hear, but don't understand that they still have to work to make it happen. No one is just going to hand someone a 6 figure salary on a whim. Its about preparing for that position first. At the end of the day some people just can't hack it. The program is designed to weed them out. However, the turnover is not nearly as bad as stated, "Nearly 100%" "including the manager" ... All incorrect. The same manager is in place since the doors opened in May 2013. She has not left, and is still thriving in her business.

The only reason I'm not still doing this is because unfortunately I had to relocate overseas with my family. If not for that I would still be there today.

Cons

It's not nearly as easy as it looks. The pay isn't super exciting at the beginning, that being said... the growth opportunity is HUGE and pay quickly increases.

It does take a time commitment. That time is well spent learning how to build and grow and become the manager we need to be. They've taken a four-five year experience and compacted it into less than 9 months. Time invested now to have more free time in the future.

Anyone selected for this opportunity is an idiot to turn it down.They should be grateful to find such a promising career.

Anyone interested, I highly suggest you check it out.
    Everyone else: Have fun working behind a desk for a measly 25k the first years out of school working your way to 60k after 40 years. The VP Manager isn't even in her 30s yet and she's already making over $100,000.00 ..... sounds a lot better to me.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You're giving people the opportunity of a lifetime. Don't let people with an employee mindset that won't account for much in their life bring you down.

"Gotta Work Too Hard"

I worked at Visionary Promotions full-time

Pros

You learn a lot of things about running a business once you've been promoted. And is an amazing resume booster

Cons

Lots of unpaid hours if you'd actually like to be recognized in the program. Not really a guarantee that you'll even make it to management.

Advice to Management

Be more honest about the opportunity. Will cause less turnover

"Yes and No but mostly No"

I worked at Visionary Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

read paragraphs down below carefully

Cons

It's kind of obvious that the person that gave the company 4 stars was probably the owner herself. How is a job both the easiest and hardest job you've ever had? it is possible to make a management position in any company within a 6-12 month time frame depending on the company and the individual. It's true that everyone is given the SAME tools, guidance, skill sets, and information. I believe that not everyone can learn and do the same things as another. Everyone does things a little differently.

I do agree that the skills learned are ones you can use in any sales business but its nothing to special. I saw the value of this program as a free education opposed to actually going to college or taking a business course. Same view, different building if you get my drift. You will learn the 5 steps to an introduction, law of averages, FUGI, 8 steps to a successful work day, and different quotes taken from magazines, books, and websites, etc.

I WAS NOT PAID FOR EVERY SECOND I WORKED THERE! I REPEAT I WAS NOT PAID FOR EVERY SECOND I WORKED THERE! And if you don't sell enough or the manager thinks your day was not sufficient, she will CUT your hours. I received maybe 7 dollars a week SUPPOSEDLY for gas. That did not compensate nearly enough for the driving i was actually doing.

The Program is designed to teach you to run a smaller portion of SMART CIRCLE. They want you to believe that you're running a company when you really just another office trying to recruit people and replace yourself over and over again. If im a business owner then I ACTUALLY OWN AND RUN IT. With this you're part of a bigger scheme. Its like a franchise. You can be a top performer and still not get promoted or see the results just like with any other job. There was an individual who was there over a year, still not a manager, and was one of the hardest working ones there as far as I could see.

If walking up to a person telling them "hey check this out really quick" is promotional advertising then its on the lower end. Its simply a sales job with various items from online brands that you're hustling to the public. Most of those items get returned or we have shown the club multiple times a year when we say we've only been here once or this is the last time to purchase the item.

Saying this job isn't for the weak isn't accurate. This job isn't for someone that has an INDIVIDUAL BUSINESS MINDSET. If you want to copy the cat then this is perfect for you. You can make a lot of money but you have to be pushy and have a con and lie ready at hand. All businesses requires some form or type of this but if i'm going to do that It will be on my own and not for SMART CIRCLE to receive all the profits.

The company has a revolving door. I would not lie or down play that fact. There were literally new individuals there and someone else gone on a daily basis. The job itself is misleading and lures in individuals to TEST them and then as she said 'WEED' out the ones that realize this "program" is not for them. Why do they have to be weak or idiots to not take or succeed in THIS particular program? How do you know the manager makes "100k"? Did she tell you that directly or are you GUESSING? Where did that person get their facts from? That statement and choice of words of that individual should tell you exactly the atmosphere and ideology (vision) the company has. The average american today doesn't make a MEASLY 25K period. MONEY ISN'T EVERYTHING AND DOES NOT DEFINE MY SELF WORTH. I felt like crap at this place once i realized what it REALLY WAS. Anything worth having will require lots of hard work and time but you should know what that is for you and this was not it for me and many others. No journey is to great or far for what one really seeks.

Don't let this job fool you or make you feel inferior for "a potential"100k. She's in sales for a reason and would sell you her VP program till she was blue in the face because thats what she does. The VP manager would feel inferior to someone making 200k in a business just like this which can be done. All it takes is the right mindset and ambition. My advice to anyone doing this job is use it for what you can, have a back up or bigger plan, and USE this to benefit you. Not her and smart circle.

Advice to Management

my paragraphs say it all.

"Great company"

Pros

Anna the boss is an extremely hard worker and acts very professional with her employees. You learn a lot of useful real world skills.

Cons

Nothing.. Loved working there

Advice to Management

Keep on trucking

"Work ethic necessary - Great opportunity for the right person"

Pros

Growth opportunity (AND FAST!)
    The structure is simple...so long as someone comes in with a strong work ethic and a great attitude they will reach management. It's sad to read some of these other reviews of people who clearly didn't have what it takes to run a business and resort to slandering others online for their own personal justification. I am currently an employee at Visionary Promotions. I've only been here for a month, A MONTH! And have grown SO MUCH as an individual and as a young professional. I plan on continuing to grow with the company and I'm excited about my future as a business owner!!

Cons

Yes. It's hard work!!!!! There are long hours! It takes time, energy, and dedication. Those who cannot commit to those qualities should not apply!!! The turnover is high because people literally either choose to go elswhere and continue to work for someone else vs. the people who know it takes A LOT to be able to work for yourself! FYI: opportunity doesn't just fall into someone's lap. They have to give it their all.

Advice to Management

Keep inspiring others!! The people on here writing these reviews are just jealous because they don't have the drive, ambition, and professionalism you possess and will never know what it's like to have the kind of responsibilities that you do.