Wavsys Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Wavsys President Sean Yazbeck
Sean Yazbeck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Overall good working experience"

I worked at Wavsys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible Hours
    Friendly work environment
    Good pay
    Opportunity for advancement

Cons

Frequent management changes
    Some office politics apparent

"Project consultant"

Former Employee - Logistics Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Logistics Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Wavsys (Less than a year)

Pros

They take care of there workers

Cons

Contact work it not last long

"Field Technician"

Pros

I was hired to replace Verizon's workers when they were on strike. They flew me out to training from California. Gave me an Uber and set me up with a hotel during training. Then they sent me into the field in a van they rented for me with all new tools. It was a nice set up. They gave me a bonus for bringing it all back on time and then flew me home.

Cons

The project was very disorganized. It was only a few weeks long.

Advice to Management

I'd like to work in a longer contract next time. Hopefully you have other work than just filling in on strikes.

"Do not suggest working for them"

Former Employee - Field Technician in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Field Technician in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Flew me from westcoast to assist with Verizon contract on eastcoast. Paid training including hotel. Provided work truck and tools

Cons

Unorganized, Did not pay as promised, had to buy some tools as all necessary tools not provided. Had to keep track of all hours and expenses, was shorted on all checks and argue to be fully paid and reimbursed. Will not work for them again.

Advice to Management

Get orgainized. For a company co owned by Trump and a winner of the Apprentice I expected better but then again maybe this is SOP for this company. Treat you employees better. I should have to worry about every dollar I am to get paid.

"Full of Smoke & Mirrors!"

Former Employee - Field Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in New York, NY

Pros

They provided me with a Test phone.

Cons

They do not value their dedicated employees. Nothing is as they say with upcoming projects, they bait you with false promises. They expect you to be ready for "out of town" work on moments notice.

Advice to Management

Have work related open discussions with employees, and actually listen to their concerns.

6. "Good Contracting Company"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Wavsys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a contractor, my representative was very involved and interested in ensuring I was prospering at the company I was contracted to.

Cons

If a project's contract is cancelled, this company might not have another project on which to assign you.

Advice to Management

This is an enjoyable company to be contracted through. More available positions to be filled through your company would be great but I know that also depends on the hiring habits of companies for which you are hired. Keep up the good work.

"Project manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Wavsys (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management and support staff

Cons

there was no down side to working for this company

"Field Engineer"

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

There are no positive comments to give.

Cons

Failure to compute double time pay. Had to constantly contact payroll of the short pay. I was mislead the work load was for one year. Work was only for 8 weeks

"careless company for its employee's , not promising and worst of all is unorganized management"

Former Employee - Senior Integration Tech in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Integration Tech in Virginia Beach, VA

Pros

there is nothing pro about this company .don't fall for the money for the short period of time, think about long term . this company is very political , they will try to ruin a another company buy hiring that company's employee, offering them more money, promising the Unpromising, and once the other company falls apart wavsys will then fire you by making it seem like you are not a good employee. but how is that true when u hired you for top dollar and they are aware of the employee's good reputation. I felt so used and violated because after I trained 4 new guys they terminated my assignment. these new guys have my knowledge and skills that i have passed on to and then wavsys just terminates my assignment

Cons

company will miss lead you , give's u false hope . they will use you very well and when they no longer need u they will terminate you with out a notice , very unprofessional , if they can find a person cheaper than you they get rid of you regardless of the quality of the individuals skills and knowledge . management is quick to blame the employee rather than trying to help the employee to solve the problem and the issue. company will miss guide from one location to another expecting the employee to follow their command like a pet or pay the ultimate price which is being Job less. this company will try to bring u out of a another company and then get rid off you leaving you stranded .

Advice to Management

dont lie to employee even if it hurts them .all Employee's deserve the truth weather they are good employees or a bad one , treat them with respect and most importantly honesty and that will take the company and the employees a very long way. Because no employee wants to be lied to or play games with .

10. "Overall, I enjoyed my time as a contractor for Wavsys. I was treated fairly and with respect."

Former Employee - Network Optimization Engineer in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Network Optimization Engineer in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

Interesting opportunities with varied client base. Biggest plus was that they provided the GSA per diem rate for the city I was assigned to. Salary was generous.

Cons

Better health benefits would definitely be a plus. Client that I was working for had a presence in my hometown but refused to let me work out of it. Instead they insisted that I work in a location 2 hours + away that required me to rent separate accomodations.

Advice to Management

The only thing that comes to mind is that they provide some more feedback on consultant's performance. Was not sure of what the client's assesment of my performance was.