WebFX Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
WebFX President William Craig
William Craig

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"My first full time job after college"

I worked at WebFX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was the first place I worked after graduating with a communications degree. I learned a lot from the team here...the bootcamp when you start is challenging but if you get through it you learn a lot. Another thing I liked is the variety of the work, especially once you get clients. There are a lot of clients in many areas and most people don't only work with one type of client. I got to work with huge companies and small companies so it helped develop a lot of different experiences for me. Plenty of neat agency perks like coffee bar with barista, casual dress, fun after hours parties, group activities, etc. The company is growing quickly still so if you are interested there is always room for more responsibility.

Cons

Unless you have clients who are bigger and far away you don't get to travel a ton for work. Parking can be tough on the street cleaning days. There isn't a ton of "on the clock" training once you get past the bootcamp. If you want to develop your skills you are expected to put in time outside of the office to supplement your work.

"Best People I've Ever Worked With"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Analyst in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Analyst in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at WebFX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at this place literally changed my life. It is filled with extremely smart people who are always willing to go out of their way to help you succeed. I'm so thankful for this job because they gave me a shot and transformed not only my life professionally but even personally. The culture is great and very empowering and positive. They are an efficient company and don't waste time on unnecessary meetings. They are always trying to improve and are always open to new suggestions which they implement right away. They are dedicated to making sure their employees are happy and constantly growing professionally.

Cons

You do reach a point where you have just kind of hit the peak of learning. As the company kept getting bigger, I would say the standard of hiring has gotten worse because I believe they are now in a stage where they want people who do what they want and not there to make the company better per say. Also, pay is extremely low compared to other agencies, but then again, they do hire many people right out of college and take them in and train them and that in itself is pretty invaluable. But might be the reason why many people leave.

Advice to Management

Continue being the great company that you are!!

3. "10/10 Recommend"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at WebFX full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive pay for entry level jobs, and lots of growth potential. I’ve had other jobs that we’re just cost of living raises (if that) so having a company that focuses on compensating fairly for skill and experience is great

Leadership is very positivity focused, and they genuinely care about the experience that everyone has at the company. My manager knows my family and interests, and is always looking for ways to help me professionally and personally.

I love my coworkers and the office is great. Come work here, it’s the best place to work in PA for a reason

Cons

It’s a fast paced work environment—which I love! Get ready to learn a lot, it’s been great

Advice to Management

Keep it up

4. "I love working with WebFX!"

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Associate in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Internet Marketing Associate in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at WebFX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing! They hire the smartest, and most productive people! Everyday is filled with challenging, thought provoking work.

The training is second to none. I think a few other reviews touched on this, however you will be trained as one of the best in your field.

The workload is fast paced and you're given autonomy to create strategies for your clients to help them grow.

I personally love the benefits, and there are to many to list. However a few of my favorite are Little Amps on Mondays, Snack Bar, Techmas (gift for the holidays) and Yoga!

They also offer a on-going learning program which rewards you for constant learning. I am almost at 100 points!

I've also meet a few of my best friends through WebFX. If you are new the area, they offer a ton of after work events!

Cons

This job isn't for everyone. I've never meet so many proactive go-getting people in my life. If your not into constant learning, working hard, and rallying around huge goals then WebFX probably isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

You've done a great job creating a culture of passionate people!

5. "Wonderful Learning Experience with Incredible Teammates"

Former Employee - Web Strategy Analyst in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Web Strategy Analyst in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at WebFX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was an employee with WebFX for close to three years. In my time there I had the pleasure of working with an incredibly talented and kind team who turned into more than co-workers, but what I consider some of my closest friends. I learned more about digital marketing in my time at WebFX than I did during college and previous employment combine. The training and ongoing learning opportunities are second to none.

As a team member, I was surrounded by the best of the best in the business, which always pushed me to achieve more than I thought was possible within myself. While it may seem intimidating to be a part of such a talented group of individuals, the support every employee receives from coworkers, management, and leadership makes all of the difference. They celebrate each and every individual's victories.

I had the pleasure of working under Tyler Bouldin. Tyler was always willing to offer support, advice, guidance, and expertise. He took the time to understand personal strengths and weaknesses, provide constructive feedback for positive growth, and respects every person on the team. I can not put into words just how thankful I am to have been able to work alongside such an empowering leader. He could lighten any conversation with his humor and that does make a difference.

The work is never the same, so the days were always interesting. There is a nice balance between processes and creative flexibility to try out of the box ideas. The team is committed to always being 1% better every single day. Communication both internally and with clients is extremely responsive and professional. Client relationships grow from strictly business into professional friendships. The company truly cares about each business and knows that the work they do impacts so many lives. That's why they invest so much in hiring positive, growth-minded people. WebFX values relationships. They are constantly staying ahead of trends, testing new opportunities for campaigns and providing a positive ROI for their clients in any way they can.

One of the best things about WebFX is obviously the culture, who doesn't love ping-pong tables, company happy hours, flexible start, and many more. But for me, the difference is in the people. Every interaction, with one another and clients, is what makes WebFX so special. To put it bluntly, they give a damn. They care.

They care about their clients. They care about their employees. And they care about each individual's happiness. Although they have grown into 200+ employees in a short amount of time, the CEO knows every single person by name. You are more than a number, you are a valued FX family member. Because of this, going to work is something you "get" to do, not "have" to do.

I left the company due to relocating, and while was sad to go, am so thankful for the time I spent there. I can't speak more highly about the quality of the work or the quality of the people.

Cons

One thing I think may be a "con" would be that the industry is always changing. Google is always updating so you need to stay on top of trends. For me, this was one of the exciting pieces of digital marketing. But if you like routine, the digital world isn't always going to stick to the same everyday schedule. But again, for me, that's something I loved.

"Good and Bad"

I worked at WebFX full-time

Pros

- Incredible coworkers
    - Many opportunities for career development through the ongoing learning program
    - Fun work environment- flexible start times, parties, snacks, pets, game nights, etc.
    - Great contributions to the community and humanitarian outreach

Cons

- In certain departments you will have to participate in unethical marketing. They aren't transparent about what you will be doing when you first apply, and management does not think of it as an issue.
    - Management tends to lack clear communication skills. Very "beat around the bush" conversations.
    - While the work environment is very fun and there are a ton of perks, the salaries are low compared to other agencies. You can't pay bills in work perks.
    - The culture has an overwhelming focus on positivity. I don't expect employers to invest into the happiness of their employees, but you would think an agency that prides itself on its FXFamily would reach out to employees who seem off, distant, or are struggling with their work to see what's wrong or if the employee would be better suited in another department. Not the case at all, so if you struggle with depression it's definitely not the place for you.
    - The hyper focus on positivity can make it difficult to voice concerns.

Advice to Management

Practice clear communication skills and invest in the wellbeing of your FXFamily if you're going to promote it as a pillar of the culture.

7. "Great learning experience for first job"

Former Employee - Internet Marketing Specialist in Carlisle, PA
    Former Employee - Internet Marketing Specialist in Carlisle, PA

I worked at WebFX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic training program, growing company with a lot of momentum (they've done very well since I left), variety of clients and projects to work on

Cons

Fast paced, always lots of work

"The Best Place to Work in PA!"

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at WebFX full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked a few different job before being hired by WebpageFX and I can tell you the Pros are amazing. Free coffee all the time, however on Monday's we get to order from Little Amps who comes to our offices. We also get cold brew coffee which is my favorite!

My first day on the job I received a $150 stipend to buy whatever I want for my desk (I bought some pretty sweet noise canceling headphones). My team also had a team lunch to help break the ice which was a great way to get to know everyone.

We had a company meeting my first week and I found out we have a huge company goal (BHAG) which will include our entire company going on a week vacation in Mexico! So crazy awesome!

That same afternoon I signed up for our on-going learning program which includes the most amazing prizes just to keep learning. I am going to get 100 points!

I also took a yoga class, workout class, and went to two after work happy hours.

Oh, and it's bring your pet to work month!

All of the things above happened in my first week!

I've never worked anywhere so amazing. I think everyone should work in the real world before coming to WebpageFX, otherwise you have no idea what a great workplace looks like! ha!

Cons

Parking on the streets when its street sweeper day (twice per month) is a pain. There is a ton of parking on-site, however I like to get to work at 10AM so most spots are taken by then. They rented another parking lot a couple blocks away which helps!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. You've created an amazing environment and workplace. I feel very fortunate to be able to work with everyone!

9. "good experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at WebFX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

challenging work, variety of types of clients, good training program, friendly employees and management, lots of fun events

Cons

street parking can be tough if you come in later to the office

Advice to Management

continue to invest in training and growing employees. you continue to grow quickly, keep trusting in your team

10. "Awesome place to work in central PA"

I have been working at WebFX full-time

Pros

The more you put into it, the more you get out of it.

Cons

Not the greatest work/life balance, but I think that's typical of any place you work for with this strong an atmosphere. This isn't somewhere you can coast.