WebFX Reviews

16 Comments

Advertising

116.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=WebFX~445440
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

Great Career Growth & Environment

Jul 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Major emphasis on growth opportunities and support, which means you can accelerate your career if you take advantage of them. Training and skill development is top-notch! - I've worked in offices where coworkers clearly dreaded being there, hated each other and were unwilling to carry out their responsibilities. WebFX is really a breath of fresh air in comparison! That's not to say you will never have an off day -- of course you will! -- but the level of team support and general enthusiasm for the work here makes it so much easier to jump in and feel connected and fulfilled. - Every coaching & manager experience I've had has been great. Amazing, supportive leadership who have challenged me to grow and helped me balance responsibilities if I felt overwhelmed. Clearly care for your personal & professional well-being. - During the pandemic, allowed full work from home and supplied equipment for you. Really committed to health & safety and were very communicative and transparent about the state of the business and things like local vaccine clinics. It's in times of crisis that a good culture is put to the test, and WebFX proved they are through-and-through supportive.

Cons

- Not the type of work or environment that lets people coast, so maybe not your ideal workplace if you have a sign-in/sign-out mentality toward work! I've never experienced pressure to work outside of scheduled hours, but I guess if you don't like the idea of reading or taking voluntary courses in off-hours that would be a con for you.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast Paced, Collaborative, Supportive - Best Environment I've Worked In

May 24, 2022 - Digital Content Specialist in Harrisburg, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- This company is constantly evolving and getting 1% better. From Leadership down to individual everyone is always talking about "how to be 1% better." You see it from client strategy, to even how we make coffee. (We make UX changes to our coffee ordering platform (yes we have one of those) to having our full time office barista be able to make us something (yes we have one of those too). If something can get better, you know those ideas will be supported and considered. - Tons of incredible learning opportunities. There are learning programs, programs to build expertise, mentorship and training opportunities, culture trainings, mental health trainings, resilience seminars, hosted by team members, leadership, famous authors, experts in other fields, etc. There is always a chance to learn something new, and multiple opportunities are provided to do so. - Great company outlook and as a result career outlook. Since i've been at the company we've seen a lot of growth and our client base and team size all have grown a ton. There is always a new area to help out and sharpen your skills in. I've gotten opportunities to lead projects and join panels to offer feedback and try out new things, as well as make my own footprint on the organization by sharing my ideas in these panels and getting to implement them. - Supportive leadership. Where to start with all the challenges that have been brought up over the last couple of years. The pandemic didn't make it easy, and i think burnout, mental health, connection, anxiety, and many others are things the world has felt since covid began. I can't imagine this has been easy to navigate, but our founders have kept up weekly communication throughout all of this, my personal team lead has been understanding and when i had a particularly hard time went out of their way to support me and find a unique solution to give me time to recharge and recover.

Cons

There are a lot of ideas and a lot of priorities at a company that is growing at this pace. I have always felt our company vision is clear and that we are way more organized than any of the companies i've worked at in past jobs, but with so many priorities it can take some time to make things happen. The 1% better idea is great, it's just a balance where I've had to learn to be patient in regards to changes that will improve my workflows, routines, andthe software we use, etc.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fast growth and welcoming

Apr 27, 2022 - Senior Internet Marketing Consultant in Harrisburg, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Friendly and kind coworkers and supervisors. A company full of good people that you will work with. I have made some lifelong friends but also have mentors and people who help train and grow my skills. -Get to connect with lots of different people if you are a people person like me. I have good relationships with clients all over the US, we have people from different cultures and locations on the WebFX team too. - The company is growing quickly and steadily and performing really well so lots of upward mobility, good raises/bonuses, etc - Give back to communities through FXBuilds, CheersFX, and charity match. Built a school and water well system for less fortunate communities overseas - Year end tech gift bonuses - I've been here for several years so experienced COVID and the company was very caring and considerate and flexible through that mess

Cons

- Office construction is almost always a thing so it can be loud at the Harrisburg office with expansion - And more construction on 2nd St, which isn't the companies fault but can make it challenging to focus sometimes

4. 5.0

Strong culture, great team

Apr 14, 2022 - Internet Marketing Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work is interesting and varies each day, if you enjoy digital marketing you will learn a on and get to work with some cool clients. I didn’t know much at all when I started but you get the opportunity to train and learn pretty quickly and get up to speed. WebFX has something like 1400 campaigns running so there are a lot of different accounts and campaigns to learn on. Culture is a big emphasis here and there are a lot of perks and benefits that I couldn’t possibly list. The company is generous with giving to internetational efforts with FX Builds, and we built a school sand dams, and water wells for a few 3rd world countries. I’ve also helped plant trees in Harrisburg. There is a big focus on positivity and self improvement which others have mentioned. The company also sent my mom a card and shirt for Mother’s Day one year which was a nice surprise that my family liked

Cons

I can think of things that I’d like to have, like more PTO or bigger desk space, but no major cons

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good learning environment and team culture

Feb 14, 2022 - Internet Marketing Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started here right out of school and was recruited by the company. I grew up around 30 minutes away and was familiar with WebFX in school. It is a pretty unique company if you are looking to stay in Central PA and they do a lot that resonated with me in terms of providing training and resources for me to learn skills I didn't have in school and I also really like the FXBuilds program and GreenFX initiatives. My coach and team lead were always very supportive of me, even through having some personal stuff happen in my life where I had to take some time off unexpectedly for a while. I worked directly with clients here and had around 15 clients, most of which I had when I first started working as an IM account manager around 6-7 months in to starting the job. The clients were overall nice and a good mix of local and a few that were further away. I traveled to see a few of the larger ones each year. Pay was fair overall with good raises each year I worked there and opportunity to earn bonuses. The office space was always changing (could be negative I guess) but we added 2 new buildings in Harrisburg while I worked there and the business is very healthy and fun to be a part of

Cons

I wish they had more offices in larger metro areas - I am relocating to a bigger city but don't want to work remote. Another is there are a lot of different internal programs and offerings and it can be a challenge to feel on top of that stuff and not miss out on something you are interested in.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A Company That Loves Their Employees

Apr 3, 2022 - Internet Marketing Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at several companies, and none of them have ever treated their employees the way WebFX does. The company founders back up and believe in all of the values they promote. The culture is wonderful and inclusive, and the training is the best in the business. The work is fun and interesting. The teammates are some of the best people I have ever worked with. Working here is one of the biggest blessings of my life. I have no doubt I am a better marketer and person for it.

Cons

No fault of WebFX here, but it's important to know that the area around the main campus in Harrisburg has its fair share of characters. One of those cities where being mindful of your surroundings is usually a good idea.

7. 5.0

An Organization Making A Local & Global Impact

Jan 31, 2022 - Internet Marketing Specialist in Harrisburg, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

These are my top 3 reasons why I'm a proud WebFX employee! First - A carbon negative employer. WebFX became carbon-negative last year and leveled up its existing GreenFX programs such as a solar-powered campus, electric car purchase bonuses, & fully paying for public transit costs for office commuters. Additionally, WebFX plants a tree for each employee when quarterly customer happiness scores are achieved. Second - The FXBuilds program. WebFX builds at least one international construction project a year focused on making the world a better place, one of WebFX’s core values. A few of the more memorable projects to me are building dams to replenish groundwater levels and constructing water wells in Kenya and Ghana to provide clean drinking water for communities that currently only have access to unsafe drinking water or drought-stricken areas. Third - Charity Match. WebFX matches charity donations at a 150% employer matching rate. In comparison, other WebFX programs are more lucrative for me financially. I picked the 150% charity match company program as my 3rd favorite since helping others is an essential part of my life, and this program strengthens organizations that I support and help others. & many more!

Cons

I really can't think of much! I had a few friends apply for jobs at WebFX that didn't end up being hired and were disappointed.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Emotionally draining but a great learning experience

Jan 16, 2022 - Account Manager in Harrisburg, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to get into the door Lots of experience and access to knowledge Some fun perks Opportunities for new graduates (I’ll speak more to that) Some genuinely kind and amazing people Took COVID seriously Cool headquarters and focus on eco-friendly practices

Cons

The office culture is made up and curated to look exciting but the office is dead quiet and no one speaks to each other. It’s weird and sad and they have to use noise machines to fill up the void The amount of labor you will be doing is mentally exhausting and you will be burnt out. 45-50 hours minimum and each minute is filled. I do not think most people will take a lunch break and if you do it makes your day longer. Every second of your day is tracked and monitored. They do not trust you and will come for you if they don’t think you’re working hard enough. Do not speak up because you will be fired, even if you admit you’re burnt out or exhausted. Sales team 100% lies/over sells and you need to pick up the pieces. Voluntary (mandatory) outside learning that is not compensated. They say it’s encouraged but not required yet you need it for your promotions. Promotions are literally a checklist consisting of HOURS of outside work that’s not compensated and nothing to do with your performance. It also helps if they like you. A lot of the outside learning books have religious undertones which made me uncomfortable.

15 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Current Employee

Great Place To Work But The Competitive Landscape is Evolving Quicker Than WebFX

Mar 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Ongoing learning and perks like LivewellFX. Gym at the office and can also rent company kayaks and bikes for free - Fun surprises planned by happiness managers - There’s been an increased focus on self care from leadership lately which has been nice - Supportive environment and kind team members

Cons

- Challenging clients: Failing businesses come to us expecting to increase their sales by 500% within a week - Tracking software for WFH: Makes it seem like employees are not trusted - Lack of feedback on progression: Always unsure of the status of potential promotions at the company. Progression paths are also very out of date which make things confusing. - Lack of paid holidays: There are like five(?) paid holidays through the year which is very low compared to competitors and the national average, especially when clients aren’t even working those days - Low compensation: Compensation just isn’t up to par with the cost of living, especially after inflation in 2021. Competing companies are offering $20,000-30,000 more for similar positions

4 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

a good experience so far working in social

Apr 12, 2022 - Social Media Specialist in Harrisburg, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best reasons to work at WebFX: fantastic culture, company gives back a lot with FXBuilds, donating meals, ocean clean up, GreenFX programs, lots of company growth that is fun to be a part of, upcoming company trip to mexico soon, good variety of food trucks and in-office barista, smart coworkers, nice raises, progression paths with opportunities for growth

Cons

Downsides at WebFX: you've got to learn a lot even if you had a previous job in digital, the company has specific ways of doing a lot of things and a lot of processes to learn - it takes a while to learn how to do certain things and use different programs, not a lot of in person collaboration

Viewing 1 - 10 of 135 Reviews

WebFX Reviews FAQs

WebFX has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 146 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at WebFX to a friend and 88% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, WebFX employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at WebFX. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

88% of WebFX employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WebFX 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at WebFX to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with WebFX Job Seekers