WebFX Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2020

4.7
WebFX President William Craig
William Craig
Pros
  • "While I am excited about what I do now, I miss my fellow WebFX family so very much(in 13 reviews)

• "Obsessed with growth in the best way, incredibly encouraging and the ongoing learning program is second to none(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "We are fast paced - each day truly flies by(in 8 reviews)

• "The days fly by quickly because it's a fast paced environment, but that can also be a pro(in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Company Focused on Community, Teamwork, and Growth"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at WebFX full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- WebFX cares deeply for it's employees and ensures they have all the resources and support they need to be successful. This comes in the form over extremely empathetic leadership as well. - Positivity is driven forward in everything they do. This core philosophy has led to all team members living by this credo and all hiring being built around this personality trait. It makes for some amazing coworkers that are there to uplift one another. - Focused on Family and Community. There are lots of programs built to donate and support troubled communities. There are over 65 programs for internal team members to help them grow and better themselves; first company I have ever worked for that made many of those programs available to your family, spouses and significant others. - Work is challenging but rewarding. Being able to invest in so many internal programs means we need to be performance driven for our clients. I've worked with so many clients that have come from other agencies where the strategies were far from successful. My experience in other agencies has helped me see that the strategies used at WebFX far outperform its competition.

Cons

Lots of problem solving! As mentioned, the work is challenging! Clients need you to solve problems for them, and there is no script for that. We're empowered to make decisions based on our convos with clients and find effective solutions that will WOW our clients. There are many ideas and your team will be there to help, but you have to be the one to execute them for your clients! You can't be afraid to make a decision!

Continue reading

"Learn, grow, develop, and be YOU"

Current Employee - Operations in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at WebFX full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-rapid growth! -motivated coworkers -merit based promotional structure -incentivized learning program -extensive training -65+ internal programs -trust and empowerment from leaders (who are also servant leaders!)

Cons

-industry grows quickly, have to keep a finger on the pulse to stay ahead of the curve

Continue reading
  3. "Great learning resources but not great overall."

2.0
    Former Employee - Internet Marketing Specialist in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at WebFX full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great on-going learning program + kind and smart coworkers.

Cons

Low pay, heavy workload (you will always be expected to work 50+ hours a week), no room for work/life, lack of feedback from management, and very few work from home days (2 a year when you start) despite it being one of their selling points.

Continue reading

"Truly the Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Consultant

I have been working at WebFX full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with a team and managers who genuinely care about me and my career. I’ve had so opportunities to be challenged and grow in my abilities and in turn gained new responsibilities. Pay is great. We work with a lot of really great clients and have been able to make a positive impact on their business.

Cons

I wouldn’t have it any other way! We are fast paced - each day truly flies by. Sometimes I feel like I should get more done then I’m able to.

"I've improved so much personally here!"

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Specialist in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at WebFX full-time for more than a year

Pros

The entire team is very supportive and has helped me grow personally and professionally so much. I've developed life-long connections with several coworkers here. I've also had the opportunity to add value to all of the clients I work with. Their businesses have thrived because of the work I do. This has been an amazing experience and I excited for the future!

Cons

I learned a lot in college that helped prepare me for this job. There was a lot more to learn than I expected to help me maximize the impact I can make for my clients.

"I miss my FX family!"

Former Employee - Internet Marketing Analyst in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at WebFX full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I felt called to a different profession. While I am excited about what I do now, I miss my fellow WebFX family so very much! I wish I could have brought them with me. I moved down south, but have stayed in touch with many old coworkers. WebFX was my first job out of college and I absolutely loved it. The flexible schedule was great for adjusting to life outside of college and they helped me get involved in the local community in many ways. Harrisburg will always have a special place in my heart!

Cons

I left to pursue a career in education. I really have no complaints about WebFX.

"Fantastic People + Culture!"

Current Employee - Internet Marketing Analyst in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at WebFX full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to work alongside exceptionally talented and friendly coworkers! If you like to learn new things and push yourself to grow, WebFX is one of the best places to be. The company has strong values that they actively live out each day.

Cons

The occasional bad client - those aren't tolerated for long. One of the things that I love about my career, but this isn't a good industry or company for loafers who hope to do the bare minimum since they will be quickly asked to leave.

"Best agency out there"

Current Employee - Designer in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at WebFX full-time for more than a year

Pros

The normal agency lifestyle isn't all that glamorous, but WebFX makes it incredibly fun and rewarding. My past jobs at agencies often required long hours and included plenty of negativity. My managers and mentors help me prioritize my work properly and spread the workload across the team in a way that creates a team environment for projects. I don't feel that pressure to put in constant long days to hit deadlines as long as I am productive with my work.

Cons

Occasional gripes on how certain things are or odd requests from clients due to personal preferences. I'd expect this on any design related team though.

9. "Copy editor"

Current Employee - Remote Copy Editor in Columbus, OH

I have been working at WebFX full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good communication, consistent work and processes, variety of topics

Cons

Lots of similar tasks for editing over and over

"Not all that it is cracked up to be"

2.0

I worked at WebFX full-time

Pros

Flexible start times with ample WFH days. Superior training and learning resources. Kind and caring coworkers.

Cons

You are expected to put in dozens of additional hours in order to meet the goals set within your progression path. Remote workers are asked to work 42 hours per week instead of the standard 40 hours. Low pay Managers play favorites. The positive code is enforced to the detriment of employees. Yes , people get fired for having a “negative” attitude. 1 point of ongoing learning = around 10 hours of work put in outside of your normal work day. At 10 points you get a $25 gift card. $25 for 100 hours of work.... They say the program is optional but it’s pushed very hard. You are expected to upsell services but do not receive any commission on all the sales you make.

Found 71 reviews