Webgains Reviews | Glassdoor

Webgains Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2019

Found 27 reviews

Webgains CEO Richard Dennys (no image)
Richard Dennys
  1. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Webgains full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great start up environment with room for growth

Cons

Affiliate Marketing is a high competition industry

Webgains2018-08-27

"Startup environment"

Former Employee - Affiliate Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Webgains full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good manager who cares about employees and their career growth. Quarterly company outings and team-building activities. You have complete autonomy as long as you deliver good results

Cons

It's a pain to work with European colleagues, especially London, when you need something to get done. They promise you stuff but rarely deliver anything. You can only rely on yourself.

Advice to Management

Initiate more training

Webgains2018-03-27

"What a shame! Webgains has lost it's way..."

I worked at Webgains

Pros

Good location. Friday drinks. Great Industry to be in.

Cons

Lost it's way since a change of management. Loss of most of the talent at the company meaning no expertise. Gave up most of it's values and becoming more corporate. No real sense of being valued as an employee - no sense of camaraderie. Lack of leadership.

Advice to Management

Re-examine your priorities.

Webgains2016-05-19

"Great place to learn and develop affiliate/digital marketing skills"

Former Employee - Junior AM

I worked at Webgains full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great team structure; - Good location/modern and dog-friendly office - Supportive colleagues; - Work Flexibility.

Cons

- Poor Management structure/micromanagement; - Lack of training/career development opportunities; - Salary and benefits package is not competitive at all; - Lack of human resources; - Numbers first - people after.

Advice to Management

- Put people first and think in a long-term; - Take some actions rather than saying words and to deliver what promised on time. - At least have an interest in your people, find an appropriate way to train and develop their new skills and acknowledge their strengths for the further benefit, rather than persuade them to change.

Webgains2019-07-17
  5. "A great company to work for!"

I have been working at Webgains full-time for less than a year

Pros

A very flexible and accommodating company to work for. Lovely people in the London office and I look forward to going to work each morning.

Cons

Very few. There can be a lack of atmosphere in the office and sometimes MD can be absent a lot.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Sometimes communication could be improved.

Webgains2019-01-28

"Account Manager"

I have been working at Webgains full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great mix of people & opportunities to learn

Cons

Scandalous recruitment tactics, non-existent HR department & culture of covering up problems instead of learning & growing

Webgains2019-02-13
  7. "Good people, good company, good standards"

I have been working at Webgains full-time

Pros

- People. Webgains has some of the most knowledgable, passionate and dedicated people I’ve worked with. It’s a genuine team and that shouldn’t be taken for granted, it’s not something you find everywhere. - Company objectives. There are challenging, yet achievable goals set at every level of the business. It’s great to be part of a business that values the input of every person. - Standards. No one is cutting... corners, no one lets things slide. Everybody cares about the standard of work at Webgains.

Cons

- Resource. Some departments are clearly understaffed, which given the company goals and standard of work expected does create additional pressure.

Webgains2018-06-08

"Best place I've worked at"

I have been working at Webgains full-time

Pros

- great career opportunities - opportunity to work with well known brands - investment in intellectual growth (trainings, talks, etc) - attractive perks (yoga, private health care) - brand new office - helpful managers - very friendly people (international team)

Cons

I am glad to say that there is nothing that concerns me about the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Webgains2018-05-13

"Soul Crushing"

I worked at Webgains full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great location Knowledgeable, friendly and hardworking colleagues Good working hours (4:30 Friday finish) Good opportunity to get in the door within the industry

Cons

Salary – Terrible! Many staff are underpaid and hard work not recognised. There isn’t a clear process for salary reviews, and when they do happen often rejected or delayed Lack of transparency and direction – CEO boast about financial capabilities but hides away from salary and bonus conversations. No clarity and minimal opportunities for career progression. Ridiculous “updates” on tech and resources to help do... our jobs. Been waiting over 18 months for the new platform and nonexistent AI technology. Marketing is used as a distraction for the lack of progress and innovation of the company. A spying culture where staff are monitored beyond normal practices and micro managed to the point of depression and anxiety. Claim to care about staff well-being but actively work against this! Passive aggressive management and poor leadership – refusing to acknowledge this will leave you with no staff – there is only so much we can tolerate. Employee benefits comes with a price tag (what’s the point) Does not give you the edge – or much of anything else…

Advice to Management

Ruling with an iron fist is damaging. Acknowledge feedback and actually work on them. Understand people work in different ways – we are not robots and or clones. You get the best out of people when you work with them.

Webgains2018-02-26
  10. "Great company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Webgains full-time for more than a year

Pros

- flat hierarchy - good new management - great investments in people and technology

Cons

not sure yet, seems all good

Advice to Management

keep up the great work!

Webgains2018-01-17

Webgains Response

January 22, 2018Webgains HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are looking forward to working with you and providing a great work environment.

Found 27 reviews