Webvisible Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kirsten Mangers

1. "Business Intelligence Analyst"

Former Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Irvine, CA

I worked at Webvisible full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, investment in my training for SQL Server and overall analytics.

Cons

i did not experience any cons while working here. I was quickly moved through training and the executive team and other employees were supportive and professional

Advice to Management

nothing to share

2. "A wonderful company gone wrong"

Current Employee - Product Management in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Product Management in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Webvisible full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

WebVisible was successful as long as it maintained a start-up mentality. While growth was steady but conservative, employees and leadership were committed and driven.

Cons

WebVisible struggled significantly with growth. While relatively successful with the carrier channel, direct sales was managed too aggressively and failed so spectacularly that it ruined the company. Not even leadership brought in to assist with the growth was able to manage it. For too much of the time, leadership seemed too invested in the endgame (i.e., acquisition).

Advice to Management

Leadership was too focused on getting out rather than successful growth. Appreciation of operations staff that equaled the strokes given to sales would have improved office culture hugely. Human Resources was a nightmare of cliquishness among those who were well-liked and targeting of perceived threats.

3. "Disappointing, over the long term."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Webvisible full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Helping to build a viable, energetic company.

Cons

Office politics, favoritism in the extreme.

Advice to Management

Reward the rank and file with more than words.

4. "Disappointing experience towards the end of 2012"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Webvisible full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great employees with lots of motivation

Cons

Weak officer team that could not focus on core business

Advice to Management

Focus on what we do well

"Working with a smart & talented group of people has overshadowed the uncertainty of the company's future."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The people that you work with are smart, passionate, and always looking to do the right thing. The organization is also flexible with telecommuting options.

Cons

The company has gone through some rough times over the past year, and morale remains low today. Ask around, and people will not be able to tell you where the company's headed, because no one seems to have a clue. You will be joining a company that has fallen behind its competitors.

Advice to Management

WebVisible's main product (its proprietary platform) has not evolved in 4 years. Stop trying to throw meaningless additions to the platform, and IMPROVE THE PLATFORM'S CORE. It's what differentiated the company from its competitors, and it's amazing that we've gone this long without trying to improve it.

6. "It was good while it lasted"

Current Employee - Direct Sales in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Direct Sales in Irvine, CA

Pros

Learned a lot
    New emerging industry
    Great people

Cons

Never was there enough time to implement the plan.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the good times

"Downsizing and Outsourcing at the cost of US employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

It was a great place to work when it started off as a small company, good work life balance etc..but everything has changed with the new management that came in 2009.

Cons

The new management has only one agenda how to cut costs and please the board of directors. Loads of people either left or were laid off or fired in 2010. This includes people who have been with the company from the start up and who have all the knowledge about the business. The engineering managers who were brought in are clueless on the business side and they are equally bad in managing people. The company started a branch in India which means they can hire people at a fraction of the cost of US employees. And how did they implement this...by firing several people citing performance issues. There was a time when consequent weeks they would call a engineering meeting excluding the person who is being fired where the Development manager or 'VP' of engineering would explain why this person is being fired and would end the session with "None of those who are seated here will be affected, we are happy with all of you."..and voila comes another Monday where another person is being fired...And this lack of performance is many a times due to lack of direction from senior management or confusing directions from them. One week a task has a high priority while we are in the middle of it another task with a higher priority comes in and everyone has to jump to it. The employees who are remaining there currently are there due to the bad economy, not due to any love for the company.

Advice to Management

Go for a class in management please..

8. "Bad decision to work here!"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Nice looking office! Nice co-workers.

Cons

It's difficult to keep motivated and sell each day when all you see over email is company "changes". We are not stupid, it's called DOWNSIZING and the company is afraid to use the word so they skirt the issue. Employees are dropping like flies here and at corporate. Sales reps want STABILITY and it is certainly NOT here. It's also common knowledge that there is VERY little money in the bank left and that direct sales has only a few more months left at most. Nice work keeping this under wraps Webvisible! I am still working there and why should I bust my rear when I know that I won't have a job soon? Local management is good, but they have no control over what is done at corporate. The VP Sales (JS) visits once in a while and we all wonder why he never speaks to the group as a whole or gets on the phone to help us sell like the local managers do. The VP's at my last company were leaders and could sell just as well or better than the sales reps!

Advice to Management

See what I wrote as "cons" and get a clue. I do not know ONE sales rep that is NOT interviewing right now.

"Just look busy!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The idea of WV is a good one. Yes, small businesses need that type of service. There are good people there, both in and out of Sr. level mgt.

Cons

Here we go...wrong people in middle management! Everyone is out for themselves and struggling to maintain their own visibility. This is not the issue though, the real issue is the way that people go about making themselves "visible" to management. Let's take other's ideas and make them seem like our own. "Look busy" and make sure you say things like, "oh, I was just about to say that!" That way you never have to do (or produce) anything original.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your pseudo-GMs in Training and Recruiting. You have children trying to structure and mold a professional organization. Outsource! Oh, and btw...if "sales expectations" accounts for 8% of your churn number and "performance" accounts for 35%, tell your sales people they're doing a good job and start firing your people in charge of performance.

10. "Love WV"

Current Employee - Current Employee Who Disagrees With Previous Ex-employees Post in Irvine, CA

Pros

Progressive, encourages work life balance, treats employees with respect, great senior leadership, constantly improving and trying to do better.

Cons

Silos still an issue, can do better at hiring senior management, need to work on fixing moral in direct sales.

Advice to Management

You know what and where the issues are, don't be afraid to make some changes.