Wingz Reviews

Updated Nov 15, 2017

4.3
Wingz CEO Chris Brandon (no image)
Chris Brandon
  1. "Great company ready to make it's mark in the world"

5.0

I have been working at Wingz full-time

Pros

The office: huge and beautiful with a ton of space. it really gives you the sense you're part of something big. The people: The leadership in this company know exactly where they are going and what it will take to get there. The company has very strong ties to their investors. In general, everyone at the company is very experienced with startups and established companies in the area. The hours: Wingz respects employee schedules. Flexible hours let you handle your own time. Many employees have work from home / work remote days. Most people leave at 5pm on the dot, so you never feel that weird startup-y obligation to work super late just to prove you're a team player. The perks: A ridiculous amount of benefits.. pretty much everything you can think of and truly good plans. Free rides using the service, and a ton of fun stuff like happy hours, off-sites, ping pong tournaments, watching games together, etc. Oh also; dog friendly office! yes!

Cons

Location: For me the office being out in the Dogpatch is a minor con. Dogpatch is a bit hard to get to for me and the area doesn't feel as lively as say.. FiDi (although there's way better food here.) There's a lot of construction going on right now so you can tell all of that will change once the new buildings are put in, but for now it feels like you're out in the boonies

"Senior Operations Business Manager"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wingz full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exciting place to work in a high growth environment with a startup.

Cons

Unlimited vacation translated into 7 days a week with too little down time. Some of the executives were not easy to work with.

Continue reading

3. "Great start-up with huge potential and smart, committed team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wingz full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Excellent, differentiated service. (1) Offers pre-booked rides to/from the airport, so your driver is waiting for you, not the other way around. (2) You know the fixed, flat-rate fare before you book; no "surge" pricing! (3) Always private rides; never shared. (4) You can specifically request a driver you've had in the past. - Early-stage company with less than 50 employees and a flat org structure. Each person truly has an impact on the business and there is plenty of opportunity for individual growth. - Great transparency; company-wide meeting every Thursday to share departement updates and no question is off limits - Smart, nice people without inflated egos - Good work/life balance. Sure, I bring my computer home and do some work in the evenings and some weekends but "face time" isn't a thing here - Solid investors (Expedia, Marc Benioff, Altimeter Capital) - Good pay + stock; good benefits - Nice new open/airy space in the dogpatch (with lots of good lunch options nearby) - Free street parking - Dog-friendly office!

Cons

- Some of the engineers are in France (2 of the founders are from there), so communication with them is via Skype and Slack vs. in-person. - The peer-to-peer transportation industry has seen some companies fold (Sidecar, Shuttle); that said, Wingz really seems to be filling an unmet need in a significant niche market. - As the company grows, will it become hard to find parking? Not an issue yet, but could be.

Continue reading

Wingz Response

May 3, 2016CAO

Thank you for your great comments and we are thrilled that you enjoy working at Wingz!! Your feedback on maintaining our open communication and collaboration culture is so right on. One of our core values is relationships; we highly value the relationships we have with our employees, Wingz Drivers, Wingz Riders and our regulatory partners. We continue to seek ways to enhance the great communication and collaboration we have already established and of course FUN is key as we firmly believe in the "work hard / play hard" motto. Our monthly "Why Not Wednesdays" are one of the many ways we keep that in the forefront and make sure we don't take ourselves too seriously.

4. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - QA Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wingz full-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the Best teams, Amazing Culture and Great Technology

Cons

can not think of ANY :)

Wingz Response

May 3, 2016CAO

Agree! We have the BEST team!!! We continue to look for great candidates to join our growing team and want to find the best of the best!

"People Operations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wingz full-time for less than a year

Pros

The CEO and Co-founders are amazing. Every day I am learning something new. It is a fun environment to work in due to being a start-up, and having to wear many different hats. The most exciting thing about the job is the urgency of getting things done and the launching of new product. The most enjoyable part is to be able to work in an environment where everyone truly believes in "teamwork" and work life balance.

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.