Wisconsin Events Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Hands down best place to work in Wisconsin!"

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in West Allis, WI
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator in West Allis, WI

I have been working at Wisconsin Events full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture: Wisconsin Events is filled with young, bright individuals. Truly the best of the best in what they do. Not only that, everyone is genuinely friendly with each other no matter where they're at. Nobody goes by without a smile and a wave, at the very least. I have the option to work at home, but I always prefer coming to the office because it's always a fun environment to be in.

Leadership: The management is always there and available to help. Training never ends here, which is why people are so exceptional at their jobs. Management provides the autonomy that you would expect in a job (no micromanagement whatsoever), but the help and assistance of a true leaders and coaches.

Cons

There are honestly no Cons to work at Wisconsin Events. If you land a job here, stay here. This is truly the best place to work in Wisconsin- and definitely one of the best in the country.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing leadership.

2. "Felt like a scam"

I worked at Wisconsin Events part-time

Pros

There weren't pros to this job. I was out of there after two weeks

Cons

First, the daily meetings were very unproductive and almost felt like a brainwashing session on how to spin this job into something good. Second, the meetings were only an hour long so if you lived far away you were only at the office for an hour. It wasn't worth it. Third, we were GIVEN mentors..in my experiences, mentors were supposed to be people you looked up to and trusted, people that you chose. At Wisconsin Events it was a forced relationship that felt so uncomfortable and awkward.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to spin this job as some glamorous job that you'll learn so much from. It's people standing in a store selling products they most likely don't care about. Not too much to learn from that

"Deceitful Company"

I worked at Wisconsin Events part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was fun to be out in the public vs. sitting at a desk job, and I liked setting up the table and running it myself. The morning meetings were informational (however I don't understand the point of business/marketing lessons when it's a job, not a class) and practicing sales pitches was pretty fun. Putting yourself out there while doing direct sales at the store is helpful in getting out of your comfort zone.

Cons

You stand at a booth at Sam's Club to sell products, that's essentially all it is. And you practice your sales pitches while in the office. But it was super weird - they would make you come in the morning for an hour long meeting even if they didn't schedule you at Sam's Club during the day, so I spent more on gas to get there for that hour on those days. And anyone who said anything about that would be told that they must not be motivated enough. I'm not a fan of any company that makes you drive all the way to work for one hour.

The manager would give us "lessons" about how much she spends on running the business like the building lease, etc and then end up with over 100,000 and say that was what she made, as a way to motivate and keep people there because "one day" you could get to that point. Not sure if that number was a lie or not, but it really did not seem to add up.

When I talked to the manager about how I can't live on what I was making there (little to no base pay so i think I usually only made about $7/hour) she tried to convince me that one day I could make a lot there if I keep working at my sales. They try to make it seem like you can succeed at the company when in reality it just seemed fishy.

Advice to recent grads - hold out for a job that is worthy of your talents. You don't need to start at a place like this, you can find a real job - one that will respect you as a person and as an employee.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to employees. If you act more like a real, respectable company and treat employees as such you probably would not have so much turnover.

"A Trap"

Former Employee - Marketing in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Marketing in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Wisconsin Events (Less than a year)

Pros

None. The job titles are complete lies.

Cons

You stand at a booth in Sam's club selling products. They tell you lies along the way to keep you to stay. If I could give them zero stars I would.

"Aweful & Deceitful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Wisconsin Events (Less than a year)

Pros

Not quite sure there are any pro's to working here. I am simply filling in this section because they require me to do so. I guess if you like working for a Sam's Club this is the job for you!

Cons

Very deceitful in the way they advertise their jobs. "Sports Marketing" apparently means selling car wax and knives at a booth inside of a Sam's Club. I interviewed with this company and after a short interview in a dimly lit basement I was told to drive 20 minutes away to my next appointment - a Sam's Club. As a recent college grad jumping at opportunities to build a resume, a marketing position looks great. This is not a reputable company. That was not a marketing position. IF YOU ARE A COLLEGE GRADUATE AVOID THIS EMPLOYER.

Advice to Management

Call you positions what they really are when you advertise them. Be transparent and tell people what they are in for. You won't waste your time and you won't waste others time.

"How is this place legal?"

I worked at Wisconsin Events full-time

Pros

They make it seem like it's a great family environment with awesome travel opportunities and you can make a ton of money.

Cons

Seriously, this is essentially a "legal" pyramid scheme. You will be lied to about your pay structure, you're going to make essentially 8-9 an hour. Good luck.

"AM"

Pros

Nice people and fun environment
    Lots of team building

Cons

Low base pay
    Last minute travel

Advice to Management

Higher base pay

"Sales (however presented as management training"

Former Employee - Event Coordinator (Sales) in West Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Event Coordinator (Sales) in West Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Wisconsin Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are basically able to make your own wages depending on your sales ability.

Cons

Employment ad was incredibly deceiving stating the position as a manager trainee. Boss had her "favorites" and made it very obvious. Boss was EXTREMELY unprofessional by gossiping about other employees and was not talking to her favorites about work. She constantly made u feel not good enough if your sales were down however I DID NOT apply for a job selling mops in a sams club...

Advice to Management

Grow up. Be a manager/Boss and stop the high school bull$#!+. And don't advertise for an entry level position as it is not even close to being accurate.

"Marketing"

Pros

Nothing at all is positive about this company. They scam on graduates.

Cons

Everything about this place is bad!

"The negative reviews are coming true"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Upbeat atmosphere, huge upside, friendly employees, looks as though some trips to jamaica and Tennessee were recently taken. That would be nice.

Cons

Seems shady...not sure how trust worthy the employees are. The application we fill out may be foreshadowing of how the company actually is...shallow win little consistency.