Wisconsin Events Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

"Hands down best place to work in Wisconsin!"

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in West Allis, WI
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator in West Allis, WI

I have been working at Wisconsin Events full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture: Wisconsin Events is filled with young, bright individuals. Truly the best of the best in what they do. Not only that, everyone is genuinely friendly with each other no matter where they're at. Nobody goes by without a smile and a wave, at the very least. I have the option to work at home, but I always prefer coming to the office because it's always a fun environment to be in.

Leadership: The management is always there and available to help. Training never ends here, which is why people are so exceptional at their jobs. Management provides the autonomy that you would expect in a job (no micromanagement whatsoever), but the help and assistance of a true leaders and coaches.

Cons

There are honestly no Cons to work at Wisconsin Events. If you land a job here, stay here. This is truly the best place to work in Wisconsin- and definitely one of the best in the country.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing leadership.

"A Trap"

Former Employee - Marketing in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Marketing in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Wisconsin Events (Less than a year)

Pros

None. The job titles are complete lies.

Cons

You stand at a booth in Sam's club selling products. They tell you lies along the way to keep you to stay. If I could give them zero stars I would.

"Aweful & Deceitful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Wisconsin Events (Less than a year)

Pros

Not quite sure there are any pro's to working here. I am simply filling in this section because they require me to do so. I guess if you like working for a Sam's Club this is the job for you!

Cons

Very deceitful in the way they advertise their jobs. "Sports Marketing" apparently means selling car wax and knives at a booth inside of a Sam's Club. I interviewed with this company and after a short interview in a dimly lit basement I was told to drive 20 minutes away to my next appointment - a Sam's Club. As a recent college grad jumping at opportunities to build a resume, a marketing position looks great. This is not a reputable company. That was not a marketing position. IF YOU ARE A COLLEGE GRADUATE AVOID THIS EMPLOYER.

Advice to Management

Call you positions what they really are when you advertise them. Be transparent and tell people what they are in for. You won't waste your time and you won't waste others time.

"Sales (however presented as management training"

Former Employee - Event Coordinator (Sales) in West Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Event Coordinator (Sales) in West Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Wisconsin Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are basically able to make your own wages depending on your sales ability.

Cons

Employment ad was incredibly deceiving stating the position as a manager trainee. Boss had her "favorites" and made it very obvious. Boss was EXTREMELY unprofessional by gossiping about other employees and was not talking to her favorites about work. She constantly made u feel not good enough if your sales were down however I DID NOT apply for a job selling mops in a sams club...

Advice to Management

Grow up. Be a manager/Boss and stop the high school bull$#!+. And don't advertise for an entry level position as it is not even close to being accurate.

"The negative reviews are coming true"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Upbeat atmosphere, huge upside, friendly employees, looks as though some trips to jamaica and Tennessee were recently taken. That would be nice.

Cons

Seems shady...not sure how trust worthy the employees are. The application we fill out may be foreshadowing of how the company actually is...shallow win little consistency.

"False Advertising"

Former Employee - Associate in West Allis, WI
    Former Employee - Associate in West Allis, WI

Pros

Experience selling, nice people. Some pressure in setting your display up, but it can be fun talking to many people and cooking.

Cons

Minimum wage, false advertising....They set it up and you realize it's not what it seems. Sometimes you feel like you are in school all day.

Advice to Management

Idk it's a pyramid scheme, but whatever

"Goal-Oriented Professional Marketing Team"

Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Marketing Representative in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Wisconsin Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've never seen a company where management is genuinely interested in helping each employee progress and hit their goals. In such a short time I have already gained great hands on experience and learned so much about business in general. Wisconsin Events teaches the fundamentals -- and I feel like I can take the skills and knowledge I am acquiring and enhancing everyday and apply it to any industry in the future. I love the structure and constant feedback, and am motivated to work for someone who personally practices what she preaches!

Cons

there is always MORE to learn! As soon as you master one thing it does not mean time for "cruise-control" you are always the student no matter how long you have been in the company.

"AWESOME WORK PLACE!"

Current Employee - Event Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Event Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Wisconsin Events full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love their management style!
    It was a great place for me to learn marketing hands on! Apply if your're are interested in face to face communication and a challenging environment!

Cons

Definitely more of a career based position versus a part time position

Advice to Management

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to your employees!

"Awesome learning experience"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in West Allis, WI
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in West Allis, WI

I worked at Wisconsin Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is the experience. I worked here for an internship over this summer and I learned so much in the past 3 months. I had the opportunity to travel, learn marketing techniques, work with multiple product lines, and meet a ton of amazing people. Everything is so hands on and I really had the opportunity to gain real world experience to add to my resume. Also on the positives: they reimburse for gas, you get paid biweekly, team days are really fun we did laser tag and a beach day while I was there, and everyone is really happy!

Cons

I was reading some other reviews online while writing mine and it's sad to see that some people just don't understand business. In no way is this company a scam or anything close to "pyramid scheme"

Real cons of this business is that you must actually be willing to learn and apply your knowledge - if you have someone you are trying to coach and they don't want to take your advice, it can sometimes be frustrating. Also time management was huge for me because I really wanted to enjoy my summer but also gain experience so it was definitely a learning curve for me.

Advice to Management

I loved the team days and was sad I won't be able to go to six flags!! I had a great experience and would love to come back next summer after I graduate!

"Something to think about..."

Current Employee - Events Management in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Events Management in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Wisconsin Events full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is on busline, nice office setting, The secretary "Kayla" is very nice and welcoming. They will confirm your time of appointment and/or interviews and are very professional when communicating for confirmations

Cons

I'm concerned with their time management for the candidates when it comes to keeping time for an interview. I understand that companies(especially at this time) are bombarded with applicants looking for employment but there is a standard that you need to uphold as a company during your hiring process.

Advice to Management

Spread out your time more so that if your interviews last longer than expected, you have a little cushion for that next possible candidate's interview. I watched 3 possible candidates(all who came dressed well with their resumes in hand and ready to take on the opportunity) but for "time management" reasons could not stay to even start their interview. I don't know these people personally but who knows, they may have been great candidates for the job listed at that time. I was able to finish my interview process in which I only waited maybe 20 minutes for my interview, and I am now waiting on a call back but I felt for those individuals who were there before me and may have been having other "life issues" or obligations for whatever other reasons, but they all walked out frustrated. To another candidate who watched this happen they would've thought "another one bites the dust" and felt they had a better chance of getting the job but I was concerned a bit. Because if the company isn't punctual and at least fair with their candidates for employment, how fair are they with their employees? Just something to work on and think about I guess. I mean, would you stay around feeling like your time was taken for granted or not appreciated? I wasn't in their shoes but if I was I probably would've went on with my life as well.

Wisconsin Events Response

Jun 11, 2014 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into our scheduling department and make sure that is not an issue. We definitely do not want anyone here to feel as though their time is being wasted! Our ... More