Workhuman Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Workhuman Reviews

Updated Dec 3, 2019

4.0
Workhuman CEO Eric Mosley
Eric Mosley
Pros
Cons
  • "Fast moving environment is not for everyone but if you enjoy working in a fast paced environment isn’t really a con(in 9 reviews)

• "Not sure that the cons here are any worse than at other organizations, but they are all due to growing pains(in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Exceptional Product and Humans!"

I have been working at Workhuman full-time

Pros

Workhuman is truly a company that stands behind what they sell. For a company that's all about the power of Gratitude, you find this in every interaction and experience. The HR team is unlike any other - they put people #1 and always do what's right for the talent and business. They're approachable and are so knowledgeable on their own products and aligned with what the sales team go out and sell in the HR market.... If you're looking for a company that you can stick behind, want a manager that will coach you, grow your career, have your voice heard, and have an HR team that will have your back and be a true partner for you, then Workhuman is THE company to be a part of.

Cons

No cons. The company is going through fast growth and the future is so bright. The company is going through growing pains, but that's completely expected and natural as the company grows to over 1,000 employees globally.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to your people, bring them on the journey, and continue to be the humble, approachable and caring leaders that you are.

Workhuman2019-07-22

"Best Company I've Ever Worked for!"

Current Employee - Framingham Office in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Workhuman full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are so many Pros to working here. I increased my commute (by a lot) to come here - and I haven't regretted it since. To be in a place where people genuinely care about you as a person makes an entire world of difference in your quality of life inside and outside of the office. I'm supported by my manager, my successes are celebrated, and I'm given the freedom to think outside the box and be creative. Also -... there is always some kind of event or celebration happening in the office. From the summer outing to random treats and surprises (waffle wednesday/ Father's day popcorn bar 'for the Pops'/ fundraisers/ etc... ) there's always something fun to look forward to. Workhuman cares about creating deep and lasting relationships with their customers, and they care equally about their employees as well. The benefits program is really robust and offers some really great perks like pet insurance discounts, the ability to purchase discounted gift cards, and even a fully paid maternity and paternity leave option for new parents. My compensation rate is competitive, I'm taken care of with all the benefits and support my family needs, and I have coworkers who treat me like family, at a company whose mission and values I can get behind 100%. What more could you ask for in an employer?

Cons

Personally, I like the fact that no day at work is the same. If you are someone who prefers coming in, doing the same thing every day, and going home, this probably isn't the place for you - but for me, it keeps me engaged and looking forward to the future as we continue to grow.

Workhuman2019-08-13

"Best place you'll ever work, no questions asked."

Current Employee - Sales in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Workhuman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-You will never find another company that cares for you or your wellbeing like Workhuman does. -You will feel energized, excited to come to work, and enjoy the time spent with your colleagues. -You are constantly working towards a common good, consistently recognized for your efforts, and always made to feel that every bit of work you're doing is appreciated and making a big difference at the organization.... -We utilize our own recognition program heavily and it’s created and continues to maintain the strongest and most gratitude filled culture I’ve ever been a part of in my entire life. It also spills into my outside of work life because a lot of the things I’m able to get I use for my family, home, etc. -You will love ALL the people who work here. I can honestly tell you there isn't a bad human being that works here. When’s the last time you’ve worked somewhere that you can truly and sincerely say that? It's evident day to day, but also at the many company parties, outings, trainings, celebrations, etc. where you’re always meeting, communicating, and mingling with fellow colleagues from all groups at all levels, interns through the C-suite. No matter how long you've been here, you feel like you're a part of this family with no questions asked. -Workhuman TRULY understands, values and respects what work life balance means. I have NEVER once even remotely been made to feel bad, awkward, or guilted if I need time off, need to work from home, want to take a volunteer day, need to help my family, or need time for any other reason you can think of. There is a strong mutual respect between the company and the employees - we come in and do the best work of our lives and Workhuman gives us the trust to live our lives as we need to and truly understands and respects that work is only part of the life we live. -Workhuman has an awesome workspace! The newly designed office in Framingham is invigorating and truly wonderful. You walk in here and just feel the culture and love; it’s powerful. There are so many places beyond your desk to get work done, think, relax, talk, innovate, eat, meditate, etc. Plus, they are always trying to innovate and keep up to date with technology and the overall workspace, so it’s always evolving and getting better. -Do you love food? If so, ignore all the above and just come work here. You will never go another hour of your life being hungry. This place knows how to feed you! Beyond the insane array of daily snacks, ranging from healthy all the way to what you ate with your friends in college at 4am after a night on the town, you will consistently find so many things to eat and drink in the Workhuman Café. Whether it’s several times a day or a few times a week, you will never be without a place to grab almost anything you can think of that will satisfy your cravings and remind you how much this place cares about you and the time you spend here. -Lastly - there is a real X factor that is hard to put into words that working here makes you feel in every part of your life. Notice, I didn’t say just during your workday, I said in every part of your life. I can truly and sincerely tell you that Workhuman has changed and bettered every single aspect of my life. If you took the time to read the above, you clearly saw how much I like working here, love who I work with, and that I enjoy my day to day. But it goes so far beyond that, so far beyond physically being at Workhuman, so much farther than my role, so much farther than me needing to earn a living to pay my bills. When you here, it changes your life outside of the company too. You enjoy your hobbies more, you enjoy your relationships more, you enjoy daily things more, and you simply just enjoy life more. Sure, like any company there will be times of stress, times where you have deadlines, times where you have a lot of work on your plate. But it doesn’t affect you quite the same way as it would other places. You know you’ll get it done, you know it’ll be appreciated, and you know that the company values your outside of work life just as much as it does the work you do for them when here. Whatever situation you’re in - work to get an interview, come interview, continue interviewing, or accept the offer you got. Workhuman will change your life in so many ways you didn’t realize were possible. I can promise you that. 100%.

Cons

-In some division, growth and development can be a little slow because it's based on the current trends of the company and where growth is or can happen fast. But don't let this deter you. There is a reason we have one of the highest retention rates of any company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You truly make us all feel like we belong and like we matter on so many different levels and in so many different ways.

Workhuman2019-08-01

"Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - E-Commerce Specialist

I have been working at Workhuman full-time

Pros

I have never worked for a company where everyone is so genuinely happy to be here. The collaboration and teamwork is truly inspiring.

Cons

No cons to submit at this time.

Workhuman2019-07-30
  5. "Great workplace"

I have been working at Workhuman full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance Fantastic management Give us all the tools to succeed Great company events Great morale

Cons

Some departments have a lot of turnover - on the whole doesn’t affect company morale A lot of meaningless meetings

Workhuman2019-07-21
  6. "Growing, great opportunities ahead"

I have been working at Workhuman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

From my perspective, Workhuman is a company that is growing and with that comes a lot of opportunity. For some people, the growth and change, and sometimes uncertainty, is not their cup of tea, but for me and many others, this is the perfect place t to be. If you want to be part of something that is progressive and has unlimited potential, join us. There are always new projects to work on and opportunities to get... involved and develop by taking on things a bit outside your job description. The types of things you work on, you won't have the same challenges or opportunities at other places. What's being done here is truly unique.

Cons

No place is perfect, but the growing pains some have referenced in other reviews, well, I'd take them any day over a boring company where every day my job was the same. Growth = change = opportunity. You either work well in this type of environment or this may not be the right employer for you (and that's ok too!).

Advice to Management

Communicate more to your teams more in small group settings. People are thirsty to be in the know on everything going on and want to hear it from their dept. leaders.

Workhuman2019-07-08
  7. "Easily the Best Company I've Worked For"

I have been working at Workhuman full-time for less than a year

Pros

Workhuman truly practices what we preach - gratitude is at the center of day to day life at this company. In past jobs, I'd never felt recognized or appreciated for going above and beyond or even just doing my daily tasks - but not at Workhuman. I feel a genuine sense of appreciate and recognition for what I do (and the impact this has on a person cannot be underestimated). The office space is beautiful and the... kitchen is filled with awesome snacks/coffee/options to make a quick lunch or breakfast if you need it. We celebrate birthdays, holidays, milestone anniversaries. Colleagues are happy, approachable and willing to help. I've never worked with a group of people so happy - it almost makes you forget you're at work. My manager showed trust in me from day one, and I always feel heard. Company values are integrated into everyday operations.

Cons

The commute is long for some, but it is worth it to work for such an incredible company. The company is growing quickly, and will continue to grow quickly, and that's not for everyone. But if you are hard-working, able to pivot and handle change in stride, then that's not a con!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and the open lines of communication. Hold true to our values so that we maintain the culture that makes us who we are.

Workhuman2019-07-05

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Workhuman full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. I have never worked at a company so open to ideas and feedback from all employees within the company, regardless of title. I genuinely feel my contributions to the company have been recognized and appreciated. 2. Great to be a part of a growing company with so much potential ahead of us. It is great to be able to work for a company that has itself positioned to help so many people across the corporate world.... 3. Some of the best co-workers I have worked with in my career. Everyone is always willing to help out and collaborate between the various departments.

Cons

None that I can think of

Workhuman2019-06-28
  9. "True Team Mentality"

Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Workhuman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been with the company a few years now and the sales support that is provided is top notch. It truly feels like a team and, at times, a family. I've worked for previous companies that felt like you were just a number, here at Workhuman, I feel valued and appreciated for my daily hustle. There is clear communication from leadership. This helps me align my goals with the larger business goals.

Cons

No Cons- Workhuman is doing big things.

Workhuman2019-07-01
  10. "What it"

Current Employee - Director in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Workhuman full-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive recognition-based culture, family-friendly and flexible with good work/life balance, great teammates who are eager to help

Cons

Growing fast so typical pains of competing priorities and shifting strategies

Advice to Management

Focus on maintaining organizational alignment, over-communicate corporate goals and initiatives and regularly follow up on progress and outcomes

Workhuman2019-07-01